TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 30, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing with the Stars Season 28: Archive through October 30, 2019 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, October 28, 2019 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Final 2 were Karamo & Jenna and Kate & Pasha. Carrie Anne and Bruno split their votes so it was Len's decision to keep Kate & Pasha.

For being a new pro on the show, Pasha was getting very positive comments from the judges tonight.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, October 28, 2019 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
"The fix" the judges were scoring higher the dancers from last week they felt had been unfairly in the bottom. They were trying to make sure Sean went home this week. Didn't work. You could tell they were frustrated.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 28, 2019 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
why would they keep Kate over Karamo? unbelievable

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 28, 2019 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sean deserved those low scores. He looks like a dancing brick. No grace whatsoever. I'm disgusted that Karamo would go home, when he's so much more entertaining. Talk about a fix!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 28, 2019 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am sick about Karamo going home 😧

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 5:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
But hes popular BJ. I guess this is part skill, part popularity and if the judges don’t like it ,then they need to change the format. Their disappointment shouldn’t rain on his parade, he’s worked as hard as everyone else. I always look forward to seeing him dance even though he’s not graceful or doesn’t have a long lean body.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I was glad they saved Kate. As an older woman dancer myself, I enjoy her and think she's more skilled.

But yes, shaking my head about Sean still being there. Hopefully as the votes get more concentrated he'll be gone soon. He is a good sport, but he's clearly the worst dancer by far and it's time to go!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If I thought the block of votes was coming from people watching the show and voting on entertainment value, I would mind less.. Maybe.

This is like vote for the worst on steroids.

I enjoyed watching Karamo over Kate, but the judges are right, they are not able to vote out the worst dancer. Sucks to have your hands tied, hmm? Those of us not in on the voting feel your pain, judges.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Maybe they will change the voting next year. They could still count up the Mountain and West coast votes and add them into next week's votes.
And yes, vote for the worst.... ugh.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think this year's change to have to judges save someone from the final 2 every week was how the show was trying to avoid these kind of eliminations. While fun to watch, I also believe that Pasha's choreography adhering more to ballroom tenets may have played a role in Kate staying. Also, Kate has gotten consistently high scores every week, while Karamo had not.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Sean Spicer is still there ? I may have to break down and watch just to see his moves......."Inquiring" minds wanna know this stuff.I thought he would be out before Lamar........just because.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Me too, Marameko. I think it was a huge mistake for the show to put a political figure in as a contestant. Our country is already divided enough without having to deal with politics on an entertainment show. The only reason Spicer is still there is because Trump has been tweeting his supporters to vote for him. Half the country doesn't get to vote at all. How is that fair?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I hardly think Spicer is the first political figure on the show. Surely there are enough anti-Trumpers out there that could vote for someone else if they were truly motivated to get rid of Spicer.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yes, except votes for Spicer are mostly a political block. The rest of the votes for TALENT are distributed among the rest.

FWIW, I don't dislike the Sean I am seeing on my screen. He seems extremely personable. I just wish he could actually dance. It's unfair that those with a political axe to grind are voting just to keep him there. At some point he's bound to be embarrassed to still be there among the greater talents. It's actually not fair to him either.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
This show has always been a toss-up between talent, popularity and apparently other factors - sure seems unfair to those who truly are talented to get eliminated before those who aren't. There have been a couple of years that someone got really far into the show based solely on likeability alone. I guess as long as ratings stay up that's the way it is going to be.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
In the past, there have been others with limited dance ability that stayed way past when they should have. So, I really don't see Spicer as being any different than them.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Bill Envall comes to mind. He was a sweetheart but didn't he make it to the final 3 with little or no dance ability?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yup... I was also thinking about Cloris Leachman, but there have been number in past years.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes there have been a lot over the years. They've also had political figures in the past. Some last a while, and some are eliminated very early. From what I understand and have seen, he's been a likeable and enthusiastic contestant and that has probably helped him as well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He dragged down his team and three of four on that team were in bottom three, but I guess good for him?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, except votes for Spicer are mostly a political block. The rest of the votes for TALENT are distributed among the rest. . . It's unfair that those with a political axe to grind are voting just to keep him there.

Exactly how I feel, Mameblanche. He's sucking all the joy out of this show for me. }

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
He's sucking all the joy out of this show for me.

And he brings joy to the show for me because you can tell he's enjoying his time there and he is trying his best. No, he doesn't have "natural" talent or rhythm, he has to work hard and what he's doing. He's not tall, long and lean but he's filled with enthusiasm and I believe he tries his best.

As for his votes being a "political block" no more so than Bobby Bones' or Bill Engvall's voters were a "country block" or anyone else who has gone further than better dancers who didn't have a fan base. This show is built upon fan base voting. The only way it will change is if they change it to judges only voting. If they do that the show will die.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I daresay Trump's tweets reach more followers that pretty much any voting block on this show.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I agree, Miss Poufy. I catch myself smiling when he dances. He sort of dances like a lot of men I know.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, maybe that's why I smile...he dances just like my husband LOL