TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 28, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing with the Stars Season 28: Archive through October 28, 2019 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
He doesn't seem very political to me on the show. Just kind of a awkward nerd. Him talking about the trip his family took to Disneyland with his father was touching.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
True Miss Poufy. Ally is a good dancer but I’d rather see Sean dance.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, October 21, 2019 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
A lot of people are gonna be ticked at tonight’s result....It’s just a case of fan bases, and some score inflations..

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, October 21, 2019 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Disappointing result but not surprising. I put this all on the judges not scoring aggressively enough. But it’s a fun show so it’s not all that important.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 21, 2019 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
well, when the President of the freaking USA publicly announces for people to vote for Spicer, I'm sure his fan base went wild voting.

you would think he has better things to do.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, October 21, 2019 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Sailor & Val were eliminated.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 21, 2019 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That sucked.

and excluding the West coast...

Relieved that Karamo was not bottom two, but bleh.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 21, 2019 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm there with ya, Sea. That was hard seeing Sailor so upset. She did not deserve to be eliminated.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
She took it hard and I think that’s the one night her mother wasn’t there for morale support

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
This is exactly why I refuse to watch it.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Was Sailor a really bad dancer?

On the bright side, Spicer has another week of dancing. I remember Wendy Williams being so over it by the third week and wanted to be voted out. Practising is torture according to her.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
She was a good dancer. Her main problem is that no one really heard of her when she took over for her mom. All the others have a base support group.

I loved James and Emma's dance. I hope he makes it to finale night. Was glad to see Hannah get more realistic scores.

Then, there's Kate, who just tickles me to death. She's so excited and happy about dancing. She may have really lucked out with Pasha because he puts into the dance all the things the judges really want to see.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
While it was sad to see Sailor so heartbroken the truth is all but 2 will be sent home before the mirror ball is awarded and she does not have the fan base some of the others have.

Me, personally, I was thrilled to see Sean Spicer stay another week. His enthusiasm is infectious and to see his love story with his wife was touching.

I don't see the President tweeting his support for his former press secretary any different than any other star's friends/team mates, etc. tweeting and campaigning for support from their fan bases any other year....think last year when Bobby Bones won over a far superior dancer. Truth is this show is fan based so the dancer with the larger fan base is going to come out on top. We've seen it over and over again. I remember all the way back to the Cheetah girl who was a pretty good dancer but was eliminated very early because she had zero fan base.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sailor had zero personality. I was not upset to see her go - At. All. There was something about her that just rubbed me the wrong way. I'm ready for Hannah to go next (but I don't think she will).

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Exactly- I really had never heard of Sailor beforehand, so she had a real disadvantage this way- and and being a good dancer can only help you so far in the scoring (especially with so many people still left- that's why Hannah will stick around for a bit- bigger fanbase and she's in the middle of the pack score-wise). If the judges were willing to have a bigger gap between the good dancers and the not-so-good ones (give out some 1s, 2s, and 3s), that would help, but they don't want to embarrass anyone....

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The thing is though that getting 1's, 2's and 3's shouldn't be an embarrassment. The fact is that some people are a lot better at some things than other people. People should be proud that they have tried even if they fall short. However, that doesn't seem to be how a lot of people think anymore.

Plus the producers and the judges know that the viewers don’t only want to see good dancing. The viewers want to be entertained. So someone may not be as good a dancer yet the viewers find them more entertaining than a better dancer and they want to keep those entertaining people around longer.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
plus no way was ABC going to let their bachelorette get voted out this early

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Spicer did say the President's tweet helped a lot.

"Speaking backstage Monday night, Spicer said the Trump tweet was a big factor. "Yes, it did," said Spicer, adding that the president's followers, and their phone votes, play a key role in his success. "Obviously, there's a lot of folks, part of that movement, who are clearly impressed with how much fun we are having, how hard we're working and how we're progressing."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/
2019/10/22/dancing-stars-trumps-sean-spicer-tweet-not-wasted/4067499002/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 1:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, October 28, 2019 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Well, looks like the fix is in tonight.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, October 28, 2019 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The fix???

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 28, 2019 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Fix?

😧

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, October 28, 2019 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Who?

Eroica

07-28-2005

Monday, October 28, 2019 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
Sure does misspoufy.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, October 28, 2019 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Poor Sean, he’s so short he’s never going to look as suave and debonair on the dance floor as most men.