TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 19, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: Archive through September 19, 2019 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm 100% happy with the results of this show. America got it right. Darcy Lynn is fabulous, but Shin Lim is so good and such a showman!!! I'm so glad he won!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think the judge change is a good thing. Though I mostly enjoy Heidi (even though I feel she spends a lot of time flirting with Simon), poor Mel B. is dumb as a rock. She often doesn't get the jokes the comedians tell and last night when they used the word "alumni," she asked Howie what that meant. I feel like she's got a lot on her plate emotionally right now, too.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
G-Force seems like very junior Spice Girls. Pretty talented.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
My sister had a good friend who had the short deformed arms and hands like that. It was caused by her mom taking morning sickness medicine while she was pregnant with her. She was a very sweet upbeat person.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thalidomide. That was a tragic mistake.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They had no idea at the time, BUT when kids started being born with the side effects, doctors were still not informed. Pre-internet.

Call the Midwife covered this era in a past season. Dr Turner was horrified that he had prescribed Thalidomide. Another problem was that the pills worked well, and we're passed along from one woman to another, so when he contacted those on his records as taking it, others were taking it unbeknownst to him.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, June 07, 2019 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Does noone else have a problem with a 10 and 11 year old having belly button piercings????

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, June 07, 2019 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Scoots I didn't notice it.

I wasn't that impressed with Howie's golden buzzer. Or his dissing the teen gymnasts.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 08, 2019 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven’t seen this one yet but in general the golden buzzers often seem very manipulative. Some of the people who receive them have heartbreaking or heartwarming stories but their acts aren’t sustainable over several performances and the Golden Buzzer circumvents that problem by giving them a shortcut to the finale.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Saturday, June 08, 2019 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I noticed it big time..it really bothered me!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, June 09, 2019 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree about the Golden Buzzer. Sometimes it actually makes me mad that they waste the GB on people who really don't deserve it. So far I like the new judges. Poor Mel B was sometimes dumb as a rock. Don't miss her.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Last night's "Golden Buzzer" was hilarious! The guy was doing a funny dance and ended it at the judges table with a back pose over the desk. His head hit the golden buzzer at the end.... so funny.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, July 02, 2019 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Who punched Julianne in the eyes?

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Thursday, July 04, 2019 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Not her best look.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Monday, July 08, 2019 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
I like that they actually now have two American judges, seeing as it's AMERICA'S got Talent.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, July 08, 2019 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
for the record, Heidi Klum has dual citizenship, and Howie has been part of AMERICAN culture on TV for over 40 years - and is also a dual citizen.

Per Wikipedia, Mel B residence is listed as in America. Simon also has dual residences in London and L.A..

How do you define who an American is?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, July 08, 2019 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Who punched Julianne in the eyes?

Colordeagua, that heavy eyeliner (but not the dark shadow) was popular in the early sixties. It was called the Cleopatra look after the Liz Taylor movie. My older sisters used to try to do their makeup that way. My mother called it, "Two holes burned in a blanket."

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It isn't today. Julianne looks ridiculous.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 23, 2019 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Robert Finley is my favorite this year. He actually got me to get up and vote for him.

Also, I can't believe Marina Mazepa (the bendy acrobat) went home over the comedian. Yes, I know he was born with deformed arms, but he's not that funny. Marina was amazing!

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Friday, August 23, 2019 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
She reminded me of Troy James who was the contortionist on season 5. He later played the villain Rag Doll on The Flash perfectly.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I don't usually go for the colored light acts, but I'm hoping for Light Balance Kids tonight. Very much enjoyed their final performance last night.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Results were a disappointment.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Very disappointing

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
why were you disappointed?

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
Because it was predictable