TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 15, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): ARCHIVES: Archive through July 15, 2019 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
spoilers from MAFS fan
https://twitter.com/mafsfan?lang=en
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Steph and AJ and Kristine and Keith are still together. Kate asked for a divorce halfway through the show, Luke begged her to stay

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, someone found happiness... but it was a former participant and one of the therapists!

https://people.com/tv/married-at-first-sight-jessica-griffin-not-returning-dating-jon-francetic

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I remember him. He was treated very poorly by his bride and yet seemed like a very nice and good looking guy. Apparently, Dr. Griffin thought so, too.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
So no comments on the reunion show yet. I have to admit that I almost felt sorry for Luke. He seemed to get ganged up on, but his treatment of Kate still seems a mystery. He really seemed oblivious to what a big jerk he was and now we are all confused about his sexuality. It appears he may not even know or doesn't want to recognize it. I really think he needs therapy. I worry about him and his mental health a little. Luckily, Kate seems to have her confidence back and is happy in a new relationship already.

Will is a bit of a mystery, too. He is a little too laid back, did not seem to have the same take on his marriage as Jasmine did and would like to continue "dating." SMH

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
He did apologize to Kate on the show, but there sure was a lot of animosity toward him that I didn't quite understand. The "experts" especially should be less biased, IMO.

Kate kind of annoyed me too, but I'm sure that's my issue, I find clingy people annoying.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think the animosity came from his own behavior. The way he phrased things seemed very deliberate to make him the victim and to make Kate the bad guy. I don't think she was a saint, but she sure got taken for a bad ride. Like a key moment was when she said she wanted to end this and get a divorce and Luke kept talking to her about how much he wanted to try and to give it more time. to start with but I love your eyes after they were divorced was just crazy. He has issues. If you apologize for something but keep doing it, it does not count.

Will seemed like he was deeply depressed. He slept a lot did not talk a lot. I think he wanted out without saying it.

what seems to make me odd in many of the forums is that I don't hate AJ. I think he has impulse control issues, but I have dealt with that before and it does not bother me as much as other posters all over the net. the best explanation is that 1) he has been living alone working alone so long he is not good at dealing with people or 2)his motorcycle accident could have damaged impulse control.

I was surprised at how truly cute Kristine and Keith were together, and someone found they have closed on their house on some other board, don't remember which. apparently their issues were being exaggerated.

ETA I forgot Luke was going to participate in an open forum on Reddit where he had been pretty much dissed. He cancelled on the scheduled day with jut a few hours notice. Guess he got a glance at the threads of "I hate Luke because". the rule was to be polite.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I found AJ worse, I can't tolerate people who blow up like that. Stephanie handles it well.

Luke is an odd duck for sure. I don't think he ever meant to treat her badly, he just seems clueless. He was clearly disappointed right from the start, but I think he genuinely liked her, and kept thinking he *should* be attracted to her, but we all know that often doesn't work.

It was an interesting role reversal in that she was the more assertive one in pushing intimacy, and he acquiesced even though he wasn't feeling it. And thus doomed the relationship from the start.

They were both very passive aggressive.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
And Kate has already broken up with her new boyfriend,

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, that is what Luke said, , Kate disagreed with it. I think another telling moment was when he was filmed talking about her drinking when according to the others he drank just as much. His stories shifted a lot, every story would change as he was questioned, I think I watched this show too much and when stuff was weird, I would rewind and play it again. To me that is a liar and manipulator. I think the police go but that with changing stories as well. I do not see him as the poor guy he tried to present himself as. I think the way other cast members treated and thought of him also fill out the picture. With all the people disliked on this show, like Nick who also slept with his wife and lied about it, some people liked him, some people liked Sonia, it was not unanimous. Some people liked Derek, some liked Molly. Not sure if anyone like Ryan that gangster season 2, but a few liked Ryan season 2 who was living with his girlfriend while filming this show. no one on this show like Luke.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kate does like to get drunk. Why on earth would she go to his place the day after decision day, drunk on her ass, so much so that all he could do was put her to bed?

I think there's fault in both directions here.

And I think the reason others didn't like Luke was that Kate was better at playing the victim. She had her passive aggressive thing down, and he was abysmally poor at stating his own case.

A list of 40 reasons why she thought he was gay? How is that appropriate? Who does that?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
oh she is no saint, she is far from a grown up. I used to have moments of drinking too much but still spent most of the time sober. Collapsing in work after a night of drinking with my alcoholic husband (really hard to keep up) from being dehydrated made me stop pretty much. She still needs her moment, still very immature and partying and has her own issues.
both have issues.
But the difference is the changing stories of Luke. He wants to say things without saying things. He was a man who liked secrets and insinuations. So many lies. Like the stupid one at the reunion where he says to AJ I thought we were friends. He knew they were not friends. Did he ever say anything to the "experts" about how much he likes AJ? NO he acts like he has to wriggle out of everything he starts saying
but that is just my opinion. and apparently the opinion of the other couples, since the only one to hug him at the reunion was the host.

look, it is just my opinion, like I said spent too much time watching this. I stopped watching ad read summaries, but then went back and watched. the annoyance of not being able to go anywhere, ran out of most good TV.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
MAFS started a new season tonight....haven’t watched yet but my DVR picked it up.

Annie

08-15-2009

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Annie a private message Print Post    
I'm totally in. I DVR it and catch up later, but so far, so good. I like the couples, overall. There's one gal that might be annoying, but the jury is still out.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Friday, June 21, 2019 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
Love this show

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, June 21, 2019 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
DVRis the only way to watchthis show they repeat so mucgh stuff over and over, ha ha . I know it is controversial how there is a 2 foot height difference between one couple, but in college I knew a couple where the woman had to stand on the couch for them to make out. they had been together since they were the same height in grammar school, he just grew a lot, they got married in their sophomore year and when I graduated they were still in love. So it can happen, even though ?????

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Friday, June 21, 2019 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
He's a basketball player. If they don't mind then I don't get why anyone else would mind. I read stuff on the Internet where people think they should not be matched but if they don't care then that's what we have to respect.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, June 22, 2019 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the reminder Jag, I missed last season.i was able to get repeats up to episode 3 DVR’d.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, June 22, 2019 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sadie's yeah. I dvr ALL my shows. I tell people that I'm allergic to commercials. LOL

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Saturday, June 22, 2019 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
My husband is 6'3" and I am barely 5'. lol I had a previous boyfriend who was 6'5"! Never thought too much about it unless we had to dance.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, July 05, 2019 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Interesting new couples. I'm enjoying the new season so far. Elizabeth (Beth) looks like she might be a handful. I don't know why she couldn't tell Jamie she was going up to the room to shower and change for lunch instead of making him guess and her father's attitude toward her marriage is beyond ridiculous. Jamie might be the one in trouble this season.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, July 08, 2019 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I thought the father was actually creepy. Talking about the kissing and then saying he was doing things that used to be the father's. I know the editing was rough but he was coming across that way to me before that was said.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, July 14, 2019 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know what kind of business the basketball player wants to start.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, July 14, 2019 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought it was a dent repair business?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, July 15, 2019 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Hmm. Doesn’t sound too lucrative but she makes 80k which is doable without children.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, July 15, 2019 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
He said mobile detailing.