TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 11, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: LOVE Island...!!!!: Archive through July 11, 2019 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 09, 2019 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Here is a thread for anyone who wants to chat about it. If I see any very telling tweets I will post them, LOL.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Tuesday, July 09, 2019 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Watched a bit and all I can say is just gag me.🤮
Will not watch this how low are you willing to go crap fest.

Gusmonster

06-01-2005

Tuesday, July 09, 2019 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gusmonster a private message Print Post    
Firebird, I guess I get humor in it. I'm rolling!

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Tuesday, July 09, 2019 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Awe well I guess you can find humor in these self obsessed idgits but having a daughter that age I would be horrified if she acted like that for getting her face on TV and the possibility of money.

As Tina Turner said What’s love gotta do with it? 🙄🥴😫

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, July 09, 2019 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I watched and found these vapid young people humorous. Will try to continue to watch, but the lack of ability to converse, and overuse of the word 'like' might force me to tune out.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 09, 2019 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Are they recycled reality show people or are they people we don't know?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 09, 2019 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
[SMEG] #BB21 @girlsmeg · 21m
They're still bringing singles to Fiji

(link: https://itvus.etribez.com/ag/itvus/loveislandus/welcome.html) itvus.etribez.com/ag/itvus/lovei…

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 09, 2019 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Eric @RealityRecaps·38m
Wow. That’s not a cliffhanger... it’s a (e) you to the audience that just watched this wretched show for the last 90 mins. #LoveIsland

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 09, 2019 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Big Brother Gossip @BBGossip·37m
So yeah... #LoveIsland I feel like I can watch twice a week tops and not miss anything with all the recaps and replays. But I’ll be hard pressed to do even that. Put it on AFTER #bb21 and you might catch me being too lazy to shut off the tv.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 09, 2019 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not the least bit interested, but thanks for starting a thread, Dipo! 🌴

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Tuesday, July 09, 2019 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Call me old fashioned or just old but my gran always said it doesn’t matter at what price you sell your self respect or dignity for you are still selling yourself no more no less than the ones standing on street corners.

Carochar

07-25-2005

Tuesday, July 09, 2019 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carochar a private message Print Post    
Years ago I watched Temptation Island which was brought back a few weeks ago ... vapid, thirsty, self-obsessed wannabes. How is this LI different other than its network? Not tempted in the least!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 09, 2019 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I agree Carochar; the only reason they are trying this is because it is such a big hit in England. But people forget that in the UK they can show a lot more than a US TV show can.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 09, 2019 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I was mostly watching old Big Bang Theory and Good Bones, but I popped over to check it out occasionally.

I felt like deja vu.... didn't MTV have something like this, where ex's came up from the beach and they sent people home. And the house felt like the one in Mexico for a similar show, can't think what the name of it was, but it was several years ago.

So this doesn't feel like new programming at all to me, and not all that entertaining or interesting.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, July 09, 2019 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
these shows love/sex shows are all combinations and permutations to me. i.e. nothing original just bits and pieces of previous shows. I preferred one where they had to solve puzzles as a couple to stay there, I think that if 2 people were eliminated they could stay if some other person ditched their partner for them. at least that had the puzzle. Tried to watch, did not last long.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I watched last night & will watch tonight. I figured I would give it at least this & then decide if I want to continue watching.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
My question was missed...

Are the contestants recycled reality stars or completely new people we have never seen?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The ones I saw last night were totally new people.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Dipo, how did it end?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The newest girl, who had strolled up from the beach, was going to make a decision about what "boy" she wanted to couple with after being there for 24 hours, so they ended the show to make sure people come back tonight.

The one thing that really annoyed my was the constant "boys" or "girls" when they were talking... last I checked these were grown men and women.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Maybe they refer to them as boys and girls because they all act like hormone driven teens than mature adults.🤢🤗

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Dipo.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Most of them are not "trashy" imo. The gal with the big hair & boobs seems to be the stand out "wild" one. And, she lost her guy to the new gal so now she is flirting it all up with all of the other guys. Guess that's what they're supposed to do. The really cute guy, Zac & his gal seem to becoming closer & I like them together. I like the Texas cowboy, Winston too & his gal is Mallory who seems to be a bit reserved & shy so far. I don't know their names real good without seeing pictures so it's hard to discuss.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ty Dipo!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, July 11, 2019 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I lasted about 3 or 5 seconds just now.