TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Zoo: San Diego

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Animals: The Zoo: San Diego users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 14, 2019 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Premiers on August 10th, can't wait.

The series is intended to give Animal Planet viewers a behind-the-scenes look at the zoo's daily goings-on, as well as San Diego Zoo Global's efforts to curb species extinction and protect vulnerable animal populations in the wild. Tentatively titled "The Zoo: San Diego," the show will focus on San Diego Zoo Global's two parks, the San Diego Zoo and the Zoo Safari Park, and the zoo's Institute for Conservation Research.

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2019/apr/10/san-diego-zoo-to-be-subject-of-new-animal-planet/

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 15, 2019 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I wonder if they are just going to circulate from zoo to zoo? I really liked the Bronx Zoo show and really liked the keepers. Then we did the Columbus Zoo and now we are doing the San Diego Zoo - they could keep this up for years between zoos!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 15, 2019 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This seems to be the same series as the Bronx Zoo.. Hopefully we will keep going there, because I adore those people.

Columbus Zoo is a different title and there is also the Chester zoo in the UK.I

And the Aquarium in Altlanta.

Love all of them and will watch San Diego..

But the Bronx Zoo has my heart!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 15, 2019 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Also watch Crikey! from Australia Zoo.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 15, 2019 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yes, I guess the others are part of the "Secret Life of the Zoo" series...and I agree - I love the people at the Bronx Zoo.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
One is Secret Life of the Zoo and the other is THE Secret Life of the Zoo. Separate and very similarly names series! And I do like the people on all the shows but the Bronx Zoo people are just so articulate and I love them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The Secret Life is at the Chester Zoo.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh well, good thing I'm not concerned about what their names are...I just enjoy watching them!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Me too! But at first I missed recording one, thinking they were the same.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 10, 2019 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So excited there are 2 episodes tonight.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 10, 2019 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have been there, of course! Last time was actually a tvch mini meet! There was a free roaming peacock that fixated on Costacat and followed us.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 11, 2019 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was so fun, the condors were fascinating, I was cracking up at the tortoise who loved being sprayed with water, that was so funny and made me wonder how did he figure out he liked it so much.

And the little klipspringer that they saved was so darling! It was fun to watch him when they finally went outside.

Oh and how funny were those 3 giraffes, I am so glad they became friends. I hope they show us there progress as the show goes on.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, August 11, 2019 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I watched too and loved all the stories they shared. The Koala's were very interesting too, along all what Dipo mentioned in the above post. For me, the Galapagos tortoises were amazing and majestic!! They have such a long life span.

The San Diego Zoo is about a 2 hour drive for us and I really need to go visit this fantastic zoo soon!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 11, 2019 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I love the San Diego Zoo, the last cruise I went on the only time we got off the ship was to go to the Zoo!

I really would like to go back again soon, need to think about planning a trip.

Oh, Egbok, I totally forgot about the Koalas, they were funny. Loved that the boy was marking everything he could when he visited, LOL.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, August 11, 2019 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If I was to live another life and get a do over, with no loss of knowledge,I would be a zookeeper.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, August 11, 2019 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But, while I like the San Diego show, my heart loves the Bronx Zoo and staff.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Was anyone else crying when they had to put the lion to sleep? He truly was a magnificent creature and so sweet.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I did, it was so sad and he was so beautiful. It was clear that he was truly loved.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes.. Very sad. Common thread in all 4 some on tv.. They love the animals so much!

Actually all 5, since I watch Crikey! about Australia Zoo.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Dave Lamattina is listed as a producer of this show - isn't he the director of the Bronx Zoo?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He is!

He and his wife are amazing. I love the Bronx Zoo people. And the Columbus Zoo people.. Priga the vet, for one, and the Chester Zoo people and the Irwins and crew.

I am sure I will start recognizing the San Diego people soon.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I love the vets in Columbus - they seem to be very featured (along with the two guys who work out in The Wilds).

I appreciate the dogs that they use in the San Diego Zoo but they seem to show them a lot - love what they do but I like seeing the other animals too! Oh well, they will hit their stride soon enough - they certain have more than enough animal tales to tell!

Sea lions and seals...always a pleasure to watch no matter where...!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Columbus Zoo has used Labradors for years with their cheetahs. Bronx uses them too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was cracking up at all the work that went into the Tapir Sandals.... how inventive were they!! And I loved the variety of the consultants.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, September 16, 2019 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I loved how he would just lay down and let them do stuff to him as long as he was getting his "massage."

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 16, 2019 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That tapir was adorable!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Not from the SD Zoo, but really amazing....
Expeditions Maasai Safaris
@MaasaiSafaris
Incase you are wondering why the Maasai Mara is trending, this rare zebra has been spotted at the reserve.
[📷ContactMMWCA]

https://twitter.com/MaasaiSafaris/status/1173594604043755522

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
That is really pretty!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 29, 2019 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, Edward (the baby rhino) is so cute!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Man, those Hornbill birds are amazing, I forgot about them. They really look prehistoric to me.

Just watching the rhino episode again. Can't believe they have a 16 month gestation.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, not hornbills, duckbills!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 31, 2020 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, he is so cute!!!! Can't even imagine him growing into his feet, LOL.

San Diego Zoo Safari Park @sdzsafaripark· 1h
Kacy has a new calf and she's tons of cute Rhinoceros
This little tank puppy was born July 23rd and is Kacy's 4th calf.

https://twitter.com/sdzsafaripark/status/1289277651014881280

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: