TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 28, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway - New on Bravo (Season 17): Archive through May 28, 2019 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hester should have been out both times when she was immune. I hated how she kept wringing her hands because her assistant wasn't finishing her garment fast enough. Sew it yourself!

And the other assistant wanting to run the show and take credit..

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 10, 2019 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
What was up with Sonia last night? She certainly tried to make it all about her!

Hester - yuck. Who needs talent when you have immunity?

I wasn't a fan of Jamal's look - those yellow feathers were FUGLY!

I thought Venny should have gone - has Lela ever been on the bottom before?

I actually liked Tessa's outfit - it might not have been performance art but it was definitely 70s British fashion.

They criticized Lela's work because it was held together by glue and pins - did they closely examine other's work because there was a whole lot of hot glue allowed in that challenge!

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, May 10, 2019 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I wish it had been a double win, I couldn't decide which one I liked best. I don't think Hester is as bad now as she was in the beginning but Tessa is getting worse. The only time she won is when Sebastian practically made her outfit. I'm glad the judges finally noticed that her work is never finished.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 10, 2019 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Sunnyday, I wish it had been a double win and a new thing, the woman with immunity went home too.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 10, 2019 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Was the overall outfit Bishme's? That was truly cool and impeccably made. I think that Garo's was absolutely the best but it was definitely a photo finish!

Has the winner always had immunity? For some reason I'm not thinking it has always been a thing. I don't like it - it gives someone permission to either make something totally outrageous or slack off.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, May 10, 2019 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Yes they've always had immunity, it always ends about the same time each season. And you're right it has saved the worse look a lot over the years.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, May 11, 2019 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yes Roxip, Bishme's outfit was the overalls.

I was also hoping it would have been a double win - especially since there is no more immunity. What would it have hurt to give them both the win?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 11, 2019 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought it was a great challenge, they haven't had one like this for years. People really pulled stuff out that I didn't think they would, and those pants with the train 0 made out the wrong material they should have been lined with muslin or something to give it body.

Oddly enough Sonia was one of the few if not the only assistant who got credit (shown never know what they don't show as the runway is supposed to last hours).

I think one reason the ones with immunity have the worst look is they can take a chance to be severely avant guarde. ZI don't think it was necessarily true in this case, but it was the last Hester immunity.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I swear, did Hester bribe all the judges before she joined the show. I was so hoping that she would go home tonight.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Venny is out, Garo was also in the bottom.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 1:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
When they gushed over Hester, I was worried she would win again, so at least she was not top three.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was just coming on here to groan about Hester skating by again...although Venny and Garo's garments both were pretty bad. If they had examined Hester's garment more closely I suspect she might have been in more trouble but they didn't even do that.

I was torn between Bishme and Jamal - I kind of liked Jamal's dress better but I understand that Bishme's represented the theme...neither one was bad for sure. I loved Sebastian's dress however - I thought the use of the fabric was outstanding in that one.

Honestly at this point I do not understand why they cannot manage their time better...getting over-ambitious seems to be the death knell to these contestants.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
My favorite was Sebsatian. I didn't like Hester's.
I do think the right one went home.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I think it was decided from the beginning that Hester would get to the end. I hope I am wrong.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 3:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I thought Hester's was by far the worst. I don't get it.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Hester's looked lazy to me. It was nothing new or innovative. We see that everywhere.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And tulle would be so scratchy to wear!

Totally an outfit for gay pride in Key West.

Jandy

07-08-2005

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jandy a private message Print Post    
I think Hester is off the wall, but I do think that when they have immunity, they should go all out. She did that!

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, May 24, 2019 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
My favorite Sebastian finally won, I loved his dress. I would have been happy with a double elmentation. And have I said I really dislike Elaine as a judge

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 24, 2019 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Peron with the fat model almost always goes home. I think Tessa should have gone home, I didn't realize she won the first competition. I am tired hearing about her unfinished seams.

I think that Jamal's model would have been happier if she had sleeves or something passing as sleeves around her upper arms. the dress was just too plain and he should have known that . as well as known that the top needed more support.

here is a link to the dresses
https://www.bravotv.com/project-runway/season-17/season-17/blogs/runway-recap-episode-11

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, May 24, 2019 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Anyone catch the previews showing Sebastian saying he's leaving??

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, May 24, 2019 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I saw it but I don't believe he will really leave.
I remember Ken on All stars left one day but he was back the next day.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 25, 2019 - 1:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jamal has trouble with sleeves.

Tessa has trouble with hems (and apparently with hearing "link and girly dress" as she twisted that into "black jumpsuit".

Not fond of Elaine's judging.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, May 26, 2019 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I agree about Elaine's judging... and I'm liking Brandon more and more as the season continues.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Tessa would have been eliminated had the red dress not been so God-awful. I don't know what he was thinking. The design, the material, the fit - everything was just wrong. You can't put a girl with big boobies like hers in a strapless, chiffony dress. It just wasn't fair to her. She now has a dress she can't wear.