TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 29, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway - New on Bravo (Season 17): Archive through April 29, 2019 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, April 07, 2019 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Now I know why Renee won, the design was suppose to be practical, you could hang cooking utensils on it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I kind of thought the body modification one was cool - especially since the modifications were not permanent but instead prosthetics. I am disturbed by the actual body modifications that are permanent (and I've watched way too many tattoo shows).

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
did you see the finale a few years ago where the rocker guy (Navarro?) was swinging on hooks in his back? I met someone with laces on their back, ugh. one young friend finally got rid of his tongue bead since he chipped some teeth on it and the piercings through his cheeks. kept his tattoos.

Yes these mods were temporary but the idea was in the future,there would be more , I thought that this is probably not what people would have done in the future, but maybe other things like wheels on their feet so they can skate through life.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm still waiting on flying cars.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
As usual my favorite design didn't even make top 3. I really liked Sebastian's look.
Still not liking the judges or host. I do like Christian.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Christian is doing a much better job than I thought he would. I have always liked him, but I was afraid he would make it all about him and he's not. He's definitely working to help the designers.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OK, I have watched since the first show. missed a few shows in between. but the judges used to complain about designs where woman's hips or stomach were made to look bigger. have the models gotten so thin, that it doesn't matter any more?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
so nice to see the runway recaps again on Bravo - refresh your memories here
re view the runways

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I have issues with the material that Garo's dress was made of - I agree that it was incredibly flattering to his larger model...except for the fact that it bunched up on one side and it showed all of her panty lines. It was too flimsy or it needed to be lined.

Furthermore, the winner's outfit irritated me because it showed the wrong side of the fabric (which was not pretty). And I do not understand why Sonia was eliminated (my power went out and I did not get a recording of 3 of the judge's critiques).
I just cannot stand Hester and thought she should have had her immunity revoked and gone home last night. That was just tacky.

And one more thing...Renee makes the same exact outfit EVERY SINGLE TIME. I do not get lemons and limes out of a scarf and a black outfit. It wasn't unique. it wasn't fresh or refreshing - it was an outfit she has made several times before and she never gets called on it.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
They said Sonia had only been mediocre throughout the season. It was the corset that was showing through the material on Garo's design, major tacky.
I'm not a fan of Hester or Tessa.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Peacocks around the world 🌎 wept upon seeing Hester's work...

Starr

07-09-2005

Saturday, April 27, 2019 - 3:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I was annoyed that they kept saying how the two models were so "curvy". Granted, I do not have a fashion-trained eye, but darn, I would love to be as curvy as those two. The one had to be a size 4 or 6 - maybe? Wow

I also agree that Hester's was tacky. I hope pasties will never be elegant, even in glitzy fabric (which she did not do with that puckered lime green) Ugh

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, April 27, 2019 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m just not crazy about Renee’s designs. They all look alike, which is a hoshposh and a mess. Did Christian not try to talk Hester out of the pasties?

Starr

07-09-2005

Saturday, April 27, 2019 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I think her response to Christian was that she's "taking advantage of my immunity." I took it as "I'm doing it no matter what because I'm safe" Haha! I don't still have the recording, can't check it.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, that is what she said. I am tired of her.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
She did take advantage of her immunity.
Starr I stopped the screen so I could read the “ curvy” girls measurements. They were like 36/28/40 or something close. I wish I was curvy like that.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But is it an advantage to show the judges that you have no concept of what might be elegant?

Granted some of them love her, but I think she got real cocky.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I'm tired of Hester too, and I don't understand why the judges fawn over her designs. They are usually so far "out there", I cannot imagine anyone actually buying her outfits.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
As horrible as Hester's was, it would have been hilarious if the judges had simply said that since they could not get rid of the worst designer of the week, they would not send anyone home.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
didn't the judges send one person home who had immunity once? or did that person volunteer? I have to go way back to find it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Carlpsmom, ITA agree that they should not have sent anyone home since the worst designer had immunity. Also, Sonia's outfit might have been "boring," but it was "elegant" (and well made)- which was the challenge.

And Tess... could there be a "busier busybody?" My goodness, this woman is in everyone's business and designs.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, I don't remember that happening on Project Runway. I vaguely remember something like that happening on Top Chef (many years ago)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think that the judges take note when somebody does something outrageous like Hester did this week and will be more critical next week...if she's in the bottom she might be in danger of going home (I do remember that happening once - I think with that woman who did primarily Native American designs).

LOL @ Seamonkey

Peacocks around the world 🌎 wept upon seeing Hester's work...

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I don't think Hester will leave anytime soon, the judges seem to love her.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I was googling yesterday and on some site they claimed people with immunity have been in the bottom 3 4 times before. None have been sent home. SO I could have been thinking top chef. They seem to have so much camaraderie on that show, I think it may happened more than once there.