TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 07, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway - New on Bravo (Season 17): Archive through April 07, 2019 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I only watched about halfway through last night. I will watch the rest tonight after work. TBH, as much as I love the unconventional challenge, I absolutely hated last night's episode with the camping, etc. etc. etc. Hated it.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
So did I. I have a feeling they aren't going to try that again.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It might have been different if it hadn't been cold...and rainy. I thought it put undue restrains upon the competitors and quite honestly for the most part I thought they were good sports about it...or at least it appeared that way through editing.

Not a fan of the winning look. It just looked junky to me.

And I thought Kovid should have gone home. He basically just pulled a sleeping bag around her shoulders. And I thought the judges made too big of a deal about Afa's model being cold (not that I want her to be cold by the way, but he was supposed to be designing an outfit for the outdoors - not specifically a winter outfit). He's just a little too much for me...him and Hester both just get on my nerves. I feel like some of the competitors have gotten almost no screen time because of those two and all their oh so precious quirkiness.

Was it Sebastian who did the look using duct tape and leaves? That turned out beautifully.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Who went home?? I just started watching the show this morning while getting ready for work... I realized I need to watch more closely so I will finish it tonight... I thought Christian said it is a outerwear challenge... AS IF being an unconventional challenge... completely done out of work room... then to constrain them to having to create a specific type of garment... too hard. That's asking a LOT... the unconventional already pushes them... why compound it?

Note to TPTB... with the exception of Survivor I really don't want to see my reality shows make their contestants suffer. May be just me... I already don't like the unconventional challenge... so I hope this "experiment" is never repeated...

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Just read the recap online... pissed!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
They seemed to be nicer to Afa's model. Granted she was shivering, but there were several almost strapless models out there ad they were not given blankets. I think when they were all standing out there in the rain, they should have all been given blankets. The winning look was most practical for the location and time and theme, especially the hood. I think that was a valid win.
There were too many bad looks for me to count, I especially hated the foam sleeves of Kovid.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Once the one judge said his model looked like a cross between the Scarecrow and the Tin Man, I couldn't get that image out of my mind. That judge nailed it and he should have gone home.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Isn't Afa's model the transgender woman?

The recap I read said "they had to create high fashion looks for outdoor conditions." https://www.elle.com/culture/movies-tv/a26800529/project-runway-season-17-episode-3-survive-in-style-recap/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So did Afa go home? Is there a "get back kitchen" he can go to and get to come back, LOL?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yes to the first and unfortunately no to the second...LOL!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It's not just on PR, but Top Chef is another show that pisses me off with having the contestants perform challenges conditions they will never perform in real life. I will never forget 5-6 years back they had the Cheftestants compete in some sort of Winter Olympics challenges making their way to the top of a ski mountain so they could cook. TPTB got excoriated online for the ridiculous challenges. These people are there to cook - not going skiing or having the fastest snowboarding time.

None of these designers will EVER go camping and create an outfit outside in the cold weather in their professional lives. It was absolutely ridonkulous.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Sometimes I like to see the contestants completely out of their element. America’s Next Top Model use to do that too.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
the unconditional materials challenge is enough of an "out of their comfort zone"... this was ridiculous to make them work in that environment. Several years they had a challenge where they went glamping and their look had to reflect their time in nature... they spent the night and did their sketching... but they worked back in the workroom....

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
But Lakecat, "print" models will often "model" out of their element - either in extremely hot weather or very cold weather. That goes with the territory.

Designers do not go camping and design and sew in 40 degree weather outside. It was a totally bullshit challenge.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The winning look was a loser, IMO.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
She took a tarp, sewed a zipper on it and hung some tchotchkes on it. I don't get it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 3:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't get it either. Evidently I have a questionable taste level.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 5:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Out of curiosity, does anyone remember what advice Christian gave Afa about his look? Did he warn him about the skirt not being enough or anything like that?

Ladt week he warned that one designer that the judges might not consider houndstooth is a pattern and to fix those knees on the pants. The designer chose to ignore him. Just wondering if Christian liked what Afa was doing or warned him.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I personally didn’t think Tessa’s model had any pants on at all

Winning look was awful

I think it is time for Kovid to go

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think and I have to fast forward a lot to find it, but I believe that when he was being critiqued, I heard Christian say, I told him.

Ocean_islands

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 07, 2019 - 3:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ocean_islands a private message Print Post    
I happened to see a couple minutes of that episode with the "body implants" -- that was horrible, couldn't watch it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, April 07, 2019 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
What, you don’t want breast wings and back nodules OI?

Rvon

12-11-2003

Sunday, April 07, 2019 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Lurkin, I agree. Kovid should have been the one leaving.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, April 07, 2019 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the body modification challenge freaked me out. Who does that to their bodies?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, April 07, 2019 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I rewatched the last episode to see what advice Christian gave Afa for his look. They never showed anything!

In fact, Afa originally had a totally different look and Tessa told him he wasn't being true to himself and he started from scratch. His final look ended up very similiar to Tessa's.

Sadiesmom, I didn't see him say that about At a, but I did hear him say that about the girl whose model tripped. He could have said it and I could have missed it.

After rewatching it, the judges wanted a look that was practical and looked good. If that's the case, Christian should have been pointing that out to most of the designers.