TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 05, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway - New on Bravo (Season 17): Archive through April 05, 2019 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I wish they would have waited to air this until after All Stars was over.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
What would have happened to Kovid IF Christian hadn't come around and ask him where his model's bottom half of the outfit!?!?

Both weeks Frankie has shown poor judgement... she sticks with her "look" even though there are problems with it... I feel for her personal situation... just wish she had been a better designer on the show... because the look she showed in the preview was very nice... not sure what happened to her... or is it the time constraints that she just could not overcome.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
That is the most beautiful banner in the whole world!!!!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
YEAH!!! A BANNER!!! Now I learn their names!!!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
thanks for the banner, there are so many of them, most of them I can not recall.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You're very welcome. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So excellent Jimmer!!! And thanks so much for the Judge/Host line, I never knew what Brandon's name was, LOL. And I actually have no clue who he is either even tho they introduce him every week.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the banner is so awesome it kinda makes me want to watch the show

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I missed the first one, but liked it, it was a red print.

Liked Rakan's jumpsuit.

Kovid did better this week.

Jamall did an really cool giant plaid.

Renee did a good dress in camo.

A lot of them seem to have also made hats and bags and shoe covers, what is up with all the shoe covers? Don't we like shoes anymore.

Nadine did a animal print jumpsuit, I think.

Lela made a nice skirt / top / jacket , I think camo.

Oh, I like this one, from Hester, it is kind of weird sort of like her. Not really something many would wear, and everyone took note of the garter.

Tessa doesn't like hers but it looks pretty good.

Sonia chose a really good print and the dress is fab.

Garo did a very odd stripe and really cute shoe covers.

Venny did a good pant and jacket and earrings!

Afa did leaf print, I thought it was an animal print at first.

Sebastian made a very fab outfit, seems really futuristic. Judges really liked it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok... Oh, I missed it, it is called Head-to-toe look.

Kovid - they like his outfit, its a pink plaid.

Sebastian - really well made; judges love it. Oh, he has real shoes with just some of the fabric on them.

Garo - says he comes from Rave culture, he has a pink and steel stripe. The judges don't necessary like the boldness of the stripe. Called it jazzersize. I knew they were going to give him grief about the stripes mitering into her crotch.

Hester - pink plaid sort of a skirt/short with way uneven lengths, and a little caplet type top. The judges love it (I think it is really weird and can't imagine anyone actually wearing this) and think that many would want to wear it.

Rakan - his is a brown tweed/sort of; he feels it is classic; judges don't really like it. I don't think it is bad. Nina likes the back of the jacket but says the pants are awful.

Nadine - has a plus size girl; she felt she dressed her very well, but judges don't seem to be buying her story. Nina says "it's a question of taste".

Hmm.... Nadine gave it back to them, hahahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, thanks so much for the banner, I have used it several times tonight.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They think that Nadine's design isn't tasteful, I actually liked the outfit but the judges felt like she sort of put down her model for being plus-size.

They are not liking Rakans print, Nina gave Nadines look a 1, and says it's a matter of taste.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Between Hester, Kovid and Sebastian, they decided that Hester wins. (I didn't think it was that good.)

Between, Rakan, Nadine and Garo; they questioned how each used their prints. Garo you are in. Rakan, did not believe the print made a statement; Nadine did not see her in her look and felt the design was dated.

Nadine is out (she was more than happy to go, said this is not for her, was really going off back in the lounge before they decided). Nina said they had a problem with the design, fit and over all aesthetic.

Nadine walked off the stage and said I am actually glad I am going home.

Karlie wanted to say something but Nadine didn't let her, LOL>

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 29, 2019 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Who did Nadine call the B Word.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, March 29, 2019 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched yet... Glad the judges gave Nadine her wish and sent her home...

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 29, 2019 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Plaid is plaid, Hester's was check was as much a print as the plaid they said was not a print. isn't that contradictory?
I never get when the judges just love something so fussy. I think that Sebastian did not win because of his palette, they seemed to want bright colors this time.
I think the reason that so many did shoes was that the requirement was dress in a print from "head to toe".

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 29, 2019 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, I know the head to toe issue for covering the shoes but I noticed it in the first two episodes and wondered why they were doing it then.

I loved the shoe covers that the little bows on the back of the heel, that cracked me up.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, March 29, 2019 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
So far I don't like the judges or the host but hopefully they will grow on me. The woman they brought in to help the designers with styling is she going to be a regular. I hope not I didn't like her either. I do enjoy Christian and think some of the designers are talented.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, March 30, 2019 - 3:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't think the woman they brought in to help the designers is going to be a regular. She was brought in only to help them with prints - whatever that means.

If I was Nadine's model, I would have pummeled her to the ground right there on the runway. News flash Nadine: Size 12 is not "plus-size," but the average size of women today. If Marilyn Monroe were alive today, she would be a size 12.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Saturday, March 30, 2019 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
So I just googled what is considered a plus sized model...

Response: "In the modeling world, a size 8 and up is considered plus-size. ... ASOS's plus sizes begin at a size 12, however, their straight sizes end at a 14."

I think there is a BIG difference between the Modeling World and Real Life...

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, March 30, 2019 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Marilyn Monroe was a size 12 in her day, in those days I wore a size 12 and was very thin. She was my height 5'5"1/4 and weighed 118 - that was size 12 then, she went up to 140 and that would be size 12 today. Size 12 dress then currently fits my niece who claims she is a size 2 today. just saying weight size is deceptive.
In defense of Nadine, you do have to change styles a bit depending on the curves of your model. Not in defense of Nadine, only the thinnest would look good in those kind of pants. If don't believe she was flexible or could take advice, and the judges were hypocritical themselves, how often does a not think rail design win in this show? And a lot of the judges comments don't make any sense.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, March 31, 2019 - 3:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The judges are, and always have been, confusing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2019 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Or even confused!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Nadine and Renee both made rather rude remarks about Nadine's model...they said she galloped rather than walked. Glad Nadine is gone - she had a nasty attitude (and she called all the judges the b word).

Rakan's outfit was more of a hound's tooth (sorry if I butchered it) - I thought that was the "is this a print" that was questioned. Christian tried to dissuade him from it at Mood but Rakan "had to go with his vision."

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch last night? I was shocked at the winning look. And who went home.

I was also very surprised at the ones who didn't make the top 3 and let the winning look through.