TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 26, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway - New on Bravo (Season 17): Archive through March 26, 2019 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 17, 2019 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Thyye have promos of guest judges. Cardi B is one.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, March 17, 2019 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think I’d rather see Christian as a permanent judge than as a mentor, but we will see.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 18, 2019 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My 22-year old daughter loves Karlie Kloss and can rattle off all sorts of facts about her, so perhaps they are trying to bring in more current people?

A little off-topic, but my pet peeve about clothing right now is those wretched security tags that always end up NOT getting taken out of your clothes. I bought a new dress to wear to a funeral last Friday, which was out of town in a tiny little town that has no major retail. I pulled it out of the bag on Thursday night and there was this huge security tag still attached. What is the point of having them if they don't go off when you leave the store? Fortunately it was under my arm and I was wearing a sweater, because it was the only dress that I had to wear and I did not have time to go and purchase another before the funeral on Friday.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, March 18, 2019 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I hate that too. I think I’ll go double check my clothes. We are going to Mx in a couple of weeks and I bought a few things . I swear You’d think there isnt any Mexican women over 5 ft tall and a sz 10 so I wouldn’t be able to shop. Good thing you had that sweater to hide the tag. I hope you are doing OK with your loss.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 18, 2019 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It is a process...thank you. Not helped by annoying security tags!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, March 18, 2019 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
After a stressful week when my father died on Christmas 20 years ago, I had to get a "viewing" dress,my father's viewing was extremely well attended with his political and union connections and leaving with such a good reputation from the union in the factory.
I shopped and finally found 1 perfect dress in my then very small size, brought it home and went to put in on that morning, I was so frustrated, I ripped the dress trying to take the tag off. Had to go back to the store and pick up the last version of that dress in the next size up. but yes, tags left on clothes are very very bad.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 18, 2019 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I googled and found out you could burn the blister on the security tag off and then pull out the spring, pin and ball bearings but you have to be careful not to explode the ink cartridge - and the dress I was wearing was white and black and I did not think a huge ink blot would add to it. I prefer righteous indignation at the point of sale! (But I might try that burning thing on a piece of clothing I value less...LOL!).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 18, 2019 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Those things are annoying! And not what you needed at that time. Sorry you were put in that position.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ham, I had no idea Kloss was married to Jared's brother. His parents thought that Kloss was a model and not good enough for their family. I am not going into politics about it, but so funny. Not being Jewish was also part of it, Ivanka did convert

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't forgotten the banner. I just haven't had a chance to do it yet but it will be there shortly. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't understand how you design for 5 minutes into the future, LOL. This is a really weird challenge, I don't understand how it is going to work. 3 Person teams.

Garo, Hester and Nadine are working with sholder horns.

Neck Ruffles - Afa, Sebastian and Tessa

Scaffoling - Lila, Benny, Bishme
Chest Feathers - Kovid, Renee and Frankie

sonia, Jamal and Rakan the neck thing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, Bishme's dress is fab, Venny is really nice too. Lela's is good too.

Hester -- meh
Nadine, OK but sort of weird, Garo's looks good.

Sonia's dress is really nice, very Rakan just looks too big for the model. Jamall did some weird jacket and the shoes are odd.

Afa made a really cut outfit, Tessa's is nice, Sebastian's is really cool.

Frankie actually made a pretty good outfit. Kovid outfit came out ok and looks good. Renee did a pant outfit, it's ok but not fab.

The girl who won last week was a detriment to her team, IMO.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sebastian, Afa and Tessa are in the finals.

Frankie, Kovid and Renee are in the final.

They love Afa's pant and the foot covers. Nina really likes Sebastians outfit.

Renee, Frankie and Kovid. Oh they think the clothes feel old, and the construction is not very good.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They love Afa and Sebastions looks; not that thrilled with Tessa's look. Karlie points out that Sebastian made most of Tessaas.

They think Frankie doesn't understand the woman's form.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sebastian wins!

Frankie goes home.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I swear I think a bunch of these designers have gotten thru life getting "participation trophies".

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 22, 2019 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
There was some really nice designs within the top two groups. I’m glad Frankie went home, I think she should have gone last week.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Saturday, March 23, 2019 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
LOL Dipo! I was thinking the same thing. Did Heidi Klum say in one of the early seasons that "There is no crying in fashion" when one of the contestants started crying. I can't really remember but I kept hearing her voice saying that during this episode.

I was unsure about Christian being a mentor before this season started, but after watching several episodes, I think Christian is doing a great job.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 23, 2019 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Christian is doing well.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, March 24, 2019 - 3:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Christian is doing a very good job as mentor.

I absolutely loved the designs for the other top group. I think they were the team with the bumps on the back.

The girl that won immunity last week. She was making me crazy. She was so busy bossing everyone around on all the teams, I wasn't quite sure what team she was on.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, March 25, 2019 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I think Christian is getting better with each episode. It isn't easy replacing Tim Gunn.

I'm really impressed with the majority of designers but surprised that a few even made it on. It looks like the weak ones are going first which is good.

I know it is hard to work on a team but when you're at the cash register and you've spent too much, don't say "I need to see the fabric", say "we need to see the fabric" and rethink things.

I get beyond annoyed at grown adults who behave like ten year olds and even more annoyed with those who purposely dress like eight year olds. I'm reacting to Hester the same way I reacted to Mondo in his seasons. You ain't that great girl.

My first thought on this week's challenge was that whoever got the 'feathers' automatically had it made because I thought they were beautiful. Never did I think a designer would cover them up, lol.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 25, 2019 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Hester can be the next to go as far as I'm concerned. There are still designers on this show I have no clue who they are because they have had no camera time.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the 2nd show. I thought the judges really improved from week 1.

LOVE CHRISTIAN!!!

Hester... "I'm not a team player... we can get rid of 1/2 your fabric because mine is more important" Based on that alone she can go ASAP.

Love Sebastian, Afa, and Bishe and Benny... Torn on Kovid... what to really like him but want to see him do better.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
IMO Kovid should have gone home instead of Frankie.