TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 26, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Top Chef Kentucky: Archive through February 26, 2019 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 11, 2019 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I looked earlier at the link on youtube, but didn't see a new one.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 11, 2019 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OK.. I saw..

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 3:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I'm finally caught up with the show. I've got a soft spot for Eddie.

When Eddie does his camera interviews he reminds me of Jax from Vanderpump Rules. His voice and the way he speaks reminds me of Jax and so does his reactions when asked questions. I hope he goes far.

In fact, I like all the chefs, even the pompous one. I hate to see any of them go. But Eddie is in my top 3.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Are we not allowed to talk about what happens on LCK in this thread?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yes, you can. I just didn't want to spoil Seamonkey, since she obviously hadn't watched it yet. Just trying to be courteous. I know, it's very old fashioned.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks. Props to Brother for not going back to LCK and giving the other chefs a chance. I really hated that production brought back chefs who had already been on the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
On thanks. I am ok being spoiled. With Nini out and a guy going forward, I don't have a dog in the fight.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, January 19, 2019 - 4:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
didn't find LCK on youtube, found it on sling. wow, what a weird one.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 25, 2019 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bravo's Top Chef Verified account @BravoTopChef
2h2 hours ago
More
We are deeply saddened to hear the news that Fatima Ali lost her courageous battle with cancer. Our thoughts are with her family at this time. People not only fell in love with her cooking, but fell in love with her personality and heart. 🧡

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, January 25, 2019 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I just read that Dipo, so very sad 😢

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, February 09, 2019 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
finally caught up with Top chef, not on demand as that is behind, but on Youtube again. took me a couple of samples, but found it.
no surprise in how it turned out, but really surprised they could not make something that did not need a knife.
I think the wrong person was sent to LCK but then again, I don't taste the food.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Well this thread died...

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I’m still watching. The F4 or 5 are off to China for the final shows.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I’m behind! I did come here to check the thread! Too much real life drags me from tv time!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 25, 2019 - 5:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching too!!!! I have no idea who is going to win this since they are all awesome chefs. For the most part, this is a very likable bunch.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, February 25, 2019 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I have found this group to be hard to pull for... after their outrage when Brother came back...

I really hope the ones who made the most stink find themselves one day in the same position of earning a spot onto another season and they receive the same treatment.

It really rubbed me the wrong way... and ruined the season for me.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, February 25, 2019 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I guess I'm pulling for Sarah (?) the Kentucky girl... because 1) she can cook and 2) she treated her garden with love.

Although she got a bit whiny at the basketball challenge.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, February 25, 2019 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I think with her being a big Kentucky Wildcat fan and the fact that she used a box waffle mix she was a tad embarrassed. She was "home" and never, ever thought she would get that reaction.In states with no professional teams a Division 1 college team is like having a big fish in a small pond.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Monday, February 25, 2019 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
On any realty series the newbies are always upset when they bring a vet back. I've seen it on BB, Project Runway and Rupaul's Drag Race to name 3. I pay it no mind.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 25, 2019 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't blame them for being pissed that they brought a vet back to compete with the newbies. It pissed me off. I have said a season should either be all newbies or all veterans - regardless of whether it is Top Chef, Survivor, Amazing Race, Project Runway... whatever. I absolutely HATE that Survivor brought back four veterans to compete on Survivor with 14 newbies. Hate it.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, February 25, 2019 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I get all the above arguments...

But don't hate on Brother... Hate on TPTB who concocted the situation.

Brother... and any other cheftestant that has come back are only doing what the show asks of them... it's not like they approached the TPTB and demanded to get on the season.

I don't mind returnees... specially on shows that require a talent...

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, February 25, 2019 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
and on shows like Survivor and BB... I fault the newbies for keeping veterans around...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
But everyone is already talented on Top Chef - so there was no reason to bring back Brother.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
except he was a hair's breathe away on his season. he fought and won every week and lost in the last last chance kitchen. They brought him back because he was a favorite and fought so hard, to get back on the show after fighting and being treated like a piriah, had to hurt.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Sadie... exactly... Brother did nothing wrong. I hate the way he was treated.

Don't hate the player hate the game.

Brother will forever be one of my favs... I love so many from the Colorado season.