TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 18, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Kids Baking Championship -- Food Network: Archive through January 18, 2019 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 04, 2016 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's a good show. Duff and Valerie Bertinelli are the judges.

I love how they are giving the kids really good advice on how to make their pies and Ice Creams better.

So much nicer than watching those other comps where they are mean and yell at each other and treat each other meanly.

Florin

08-27-2006

Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 12:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I agree it was a good show. I enjoy watching kids cook.

Pamplemousse

09-28-2003

Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamplemousse a private message Print Post    
Really enjoy this show. I am a decent cook and baker but these kiddos put me to shame. They are so talented. ..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 15, 2016 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I hate it when the kids cry because things aren't working out.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 15, 2016 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well they sent the correct child home even though it was a really hard call to make.

Florin

08-27-2006

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 12:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I also agree the right one got sent home.

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
I have to complain about last night's show. As much as I like Ishemabet, she didn't complete the challenge with the savory cupcake and showed no creativity in the challenge yet she stays and Peggy goes home. Made no sense to me.

I also think they need to remember these are kids and some of these challenges are just too much for them to handle. Make it fun!!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
These kids are all fantastic.

Yes some get emotional but so do adult contestants.

For the most part I think these little bakers show much maturity, class, and good sportsmanship.

Peggy knew her cupcakes were awful.

I want all of them to win!!!! But I have a soft spot for Matthew ;). I just love his quirky personality.

Florin

08-27-2006

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I did think it was funny and could help but laugh when she told them she thought the cupcake was horrible before she walked away.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like the kids. They are really creative. I like that they help each other, too.

Valerie Bertinelli seems to enjoy it, but it seems to me a horrible mismatch since she ear n s by shilling for one of the diet outfits.. and I assume getting kids to make sugary sweet stuff isn't a great start to healthy eating.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, does she still work for one of the diet groups? She has a show on Saturdays as well, and she doesn't cook very healthy on it either, always making desert.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I don't think Valerie is promoting Jenny Craig anymore. I haven't seen her in a commercial in quite some time.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is probably true. One of the tabloids was claiming that Kirstie and Oprah actually had surgery of some sort while they claim to be using whatever Kirstie is touting and Weight Watchers for Oprah.

But that was a tabloid.. I am just sick of hearing Oprah talking about how she LOVES BREAD,

OK.. so I guess Valerie isn't watching so hard what she eats but for someone who obviously had trouble with weight.. not the best fit. But as I said she seems to enjoy the kids and support them on the show.

And I didn't know about her dessert show. Not something I should watch anyway.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, it is a full cooking show, she makes an entire meal for her family and usually some other guests. But she always makes a dessert and it is usually pretty high calorie.

Here food does look yummy and it isn't difficult to make so it is a good show.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I love this show and think the kids do a great job. I enjoy seeing how they help each other out even knowing it could mean they don't win a particular round.
Was sorry to see Peggy go. She and Matthew are my favorites. I like that Matthew seems to keep a sense of humor about himself even under pressure. I'm pulling for a Matthew win.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
As he says, "for the boys". Ha!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I call shenanigans!! How could Rebecca win with a dry cake! And the decorations were pretty sloppy looking, although the shark fin was cute. Since the tiers were not even graduating.

I am disappointed. Based on the descriptions of the taste of the cakes and the description of the decorating I thought that they were going to have to give it to Ishemabet.

I didn't think Matthew would win because his cake didn't taste like a chocolate cake, as he presented it, and his decoration was sloppy.

So I don't really understand how Rebecca won.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 1:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
The week before I couldn't understand why Becky went home instead of Ishemabet. Becky made a good cupcake and did it correctly (savory, but look like sweet). Her sweet to look like savory tasted great, but was missing a little in the decoration.

Ishemabet did the cupcake totally wrong, it was sweet and her sweet to look like savory was so simple. All she had to do was bake brownies and slice fruit.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 1:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I said Becky in the above post. I meant Peggy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am with Granjan..Ishemabet should have gone :-O m e the week prior.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, February 29, 2016 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think Becky should have won based on effort and creativity plus Duff loved the flavour of her cake. Valerie said it was a little dry. Ishmabet's may have tasted great but it did look severely underbaked as Duff said plus there didn't seem to be much effort in the decoration, although the fire looked very good. As well she did not make a proper curd so she failed on that part of the challenge. Everyones curd seemed to have been absorbed but hers was the only one that did not set or taste like curd. For theme I did expect cakes that fit the theme taste wise. Like some mores for campfire, maybe cotton candy for Matthew, you know what I mean.

All in all a very enjoyable show and they have the right hosts imo.

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
The kids in this new season are great bakers. The designs on the cheesecakes were amazing. I liked Davis' idea for the curd. He is my pick for winning this season.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I love the kid 'cooks' but I dont have cable. where do I look for them online..

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, January 18, 2019 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Misha is a local - so we are watching this season

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 18, 2019 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't know Chew. They have them at FoodNetwork.com, but you have to sign in with your provider.

It is also on Hulu, Amazon, Sling... and a few others.