TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Duff vs Buddy

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Duff vs Buddy users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 25, 2019Teachmichigan25 03-25-19  6:17 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Oxies_luv

05-13-2005

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oxies_luv a private message Print Post    
If it wasn't for Ralph's talents, Buddy wouldn't be scoring so high. Ralph does just about all of the sculptures. I like Buddy's show, but always thought Duff's crew was a little more talented.

Buddy is not very gracious and needs a little more humility on the screen.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 - 4:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
And Buddy keeps acting like Duff just started baking. If I hear Buddy say “I have been doing this for years’” one more time....LOL

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Annie... he sure thinks pretty highly of himself, doesn't he?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I've always been a Geoff fan myself...I was thrilled to see him on the show. (And I sincerely hope that I got his name right - it's been a wild couple of weeks in Roxanna world...LOL!)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 07, 2019 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I wish they would have explained how glass got into Duffs dough.

So on the donuts challenge, Duff won!!!! Yeah. Damnit I couldn't see the scores, they put up an advertisement for something!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 07, 2019 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
For the Magic cakes, based on the judges comments it sounds like Buddy will win, so we shall see.

Buddy wins the cake off, scores are 24 to 16; and now they are tied.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 4:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am not a Buddy fan, but Duff’s magic cake wasn’t a cake.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Love that Duff won the donuts challenge but he wasn't in the running with the Magic non-cake. What was he thinking?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Duff sometimes thinks too far outside the box.

But then, they needed it to be tied going into the finale, right?

Duff was winning everything!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, that was my thought too, Karuuna.

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
Anyone know who won? We have the series recorded and are only going to watch if Duff won lol...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Not yet, it's on now for me.

BUT, how many helpers can they have to make their cakes? Buddy just had a woman helping him and his regular guy was making the Astronauts, so that is two.

Duff only had Jeff, so that doesn't seem really fair.

AND I missed who won the first part, I had to leave the room for a minute and the commercial ended so I don't even know who won the first part!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh good lord has this whole competition just been to introduce Buddy's new show???? (that looks awful to me). He is going to help bakers make their products commercially and sell them online after the show.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Duff goes first, LOL, and he and Jeff are dressed in astronaut costumes and play the intro to a famous space movie I can't remember the name of, darnit, but I know it!! and their cake comes down from the ceiling, it's a famous space craft that I think landed on the moon., then the door opens and he grabs a remote control for the rover to deliver a cupcake.... but it won't move!!! Commerical

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh it's a car inside, so he sort of pushes it out of the lunar spacecraft onto the moon. Then he introduces some sort of band.

He put patches on the outside of the cake.

Now Buddy says Duff had the band to distract from his cake.

So now Buddy's cake rolls out across a diorama; then talks about electricity and the goes to the moon, now it may appear to be moving because of his rocket, but it is being moved along by his assistant. Then he set off a ton of pyrotechnics.

It is big and impressive, but it doesn't seem that sharp and tight.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Space Odessy... that was the music.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Judges are talking like they like Buddy's cake more.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And the final scores are Duff and Buddy.... damn they didn't show the scores but named Buddy the winner because of execution.

And the over all winner is DUFF!!!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The narrator says Duff won on points, but Buddy won most of the cake-offs. Which may be true but I always thought Duffs cakes were crisper, cleaner and more professionally looking.

Buddy's cakes were always big but not to good with the details, and sometimes looked sloppy to me.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 4:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Glad Duff won, but this really wasn’t the best of shows.
But they each have new shows starting LOL

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I agree Texannie they didn't do a good job at all. We have been able to see the scores all along and all of a sudden on the last show we get no scores!!

As I said earlier in the thread... the whole thing has been a setup, now I know why.... for the new shows.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I really happy that Duff won! Sometimes it worked against him but he went outside his norm and tried new things. I also like that molds were rarely used (the harts tonight) and that he didn't have giant machines doing a lot of the work.

Buddy may be "old school" but he sure used a lot of modern equipment

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm glad Duff won also, Buddy's ego was just too much for me.

I also agree that it wasn't the best production.

March

10-02-2003

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send March a private message Print Post    
So glad Duff won. As mentioned above Buddy's ego turned me off.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
While I did visually like most of Buddy’s cakes better I was totally turned off by Buddy’s superior attitude.

Since I don’t know much about the complicated techniques involved some of Duffy’s cakes were a little baffling to me.

However if this was just an exercise in getting viewers to a new Buddy show. Buddy blew it by being such a puffed up self crower.

Glad Duff was determined the winner but as we know Duff didn’t need this show to promote him or the public’s love of him but Buddy did. Buddy failed spectacularly in that mission.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: