TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 11, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Top Chef Kentucky: Archive through January 11, 2019 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I really do think it's unfair to give them untrained servers...

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
no one said life was fair!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, but if you are truly looking for the best *chef*, burdening someone with untrained servers AND having to make a dish and run front of the house is a bit too far.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think it may have taught them to value a good front of house but hate that it would take out a better chef.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Sad to see Nini go, but it was painful to watch her doing the front of the house. Untrained servers didn't help matters.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I know it was early in the season for Restaurant Wars. They normally do it when they are down to eight. In past seasons, my idea of having two winners in the Quickfire running FOTH and not cooking a dish would have worked.

It wasn't just Nini's dessert that got her kicked. More than half of their dishes were being delivered to the wrong tables and they were an hour behind in seating reservations because they couldn't get their diners fed.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Cass, I'm 59-years-old and I eat out several times a week and I've never gone to a restaurant where the hostess is also cooking food in the kitchen. That is the stupidest part of Restaurant Wars.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I agree... but it's part of their rules... part of the show and none of the chef's are surprised... they know full well what they are getting into when they sign on to do the show. I'm 57... and eat out quite often... so I'm not stupid or clueless when it comes to how a restaurant is normally ran... it's a show for our entertainment... if they cared about finding the best chef they wouldn't give them ridiculous challenges with crazy time constraints... they'd just let them cook.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, January 05, 2019 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I just skipped a bunch of posts because Amazon has yet to release part 2 of Restaurant Wars. GRRRRR. Anyone else having a problem?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 05, 2019 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Teach, looks like there are lots of negative reviews on Amazon for that very reason, so you are not the only one.

As for me, I was looking for LCK On Demand, and not seeing it.

Maybe it's the Bravo folks who are to blame?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, January 05, 2019 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Teach, I usually watch on Amazon as well. I finally gave up and watched through On Demand with commercials. Irritating... the commercials and Amazon. Lol

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 05, 2019 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If you have a TV cable subscription that includes Bravo, you can watch on bravotv.com. You have to log in with your subscriber info.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, January 05, 2019 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I could not find the restaurant wars last chance kitchen anywhere and it was driving me nuts. I did not want to watch it on my computer, so I logged into youtube TV (free with roku) and both episodes (it is a two parter) are on youtube.

I don't think you have to log into Bravo to see the show, it is there for anyone. go to bravotv.com

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 05, 2019 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
You can watch LCK on bravotv without logging in. I did try with the episode also, but as soon as you click on "play" it does ask you to log in.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, January 05, 2019 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
but like I said LCK is on youtube with no log in. I just run that off roku, I was watching the Danish Alone until they took it off. was hard because no subtitles. But curse words are the same, who knew.
here is the link to lash chance kitchen. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=top+chef+last+chance+kitchen+season+16

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I don't have Bravo on our satellite program - we buy only the programs we like and have the bare minimum package (not ESPN, TBS, USA, etc.) - so the BravoTV idea doesn't work. I'll search Youtube, though!

I contacted Amazon yesterday, and while I now have a $5 credit, the issue still isn't fixed! If it's not fixed by this evening, I'll be online contacting them again.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sadies, thank you so much!!

I just watched 6 episodes of LCK and look forward to the next Top Chef show to see who returns.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, January 11, 2019 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
LCK was exciting, did not see the most recent evicted Chef leaving.My jaw dropped.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, January 11, 2019 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It was so sad about Brother. I don't know what he was thinking when he came up with that snack. maybe he just got so used to Tom's taste buds, he could not do all judges. I still can't believe they chose him over the big guy that had a grease snack. But I think that fact that he won restaurant wars gave him the edge with other judges.

then the deafeatist video in LCK just broke my heart.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 11, 2019 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
He kind of sounded like he was done when he got eliminated, he said something to that effect when he was walking off.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 11, 2019 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh I am sure he will do Last Chance Kitchen.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Friday, January 11, 2019 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
I thought LCK was over when they brought back Brother?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 11, 2019 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sea, there is a new episode of LCK... don't want to spoil it for you, but you should watch.

Pdx, LCK is starting again and someone else will get to go back in.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, January 11, 2019 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
LCK is not done....SPOILER BELOW>>>
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Brother was DONE. He did not go back to LCK, but there WAS a competition in LCK.
Definitely worth watching on BravoTv!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, January 11, 2019 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
LCK goes on, sometimes with a reset in the middle, until the top 4.