TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 10, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: My Big Fat Fabulous Life: Archive through January 10, 2019 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This show started up again last night. It might be interesting.... Buddy is still sober for 10 months (we think, at the end of the show he sounded drunk), she wants to adopt a baby (seems a bit selfish to me) and is finding that there are health requirements for a lot of countries (BMI) and that single women are unlikely to get a domestic adoption. (That surprised me, but the adoption lady said that many US pregnant moms are mad at their mothers and want their babies adopted by families. She said that Tal would have a better chance than Whitney).

Dad had to get hearing aids and Babs is still recovering from her stroke.

I have to say on last season I was getting a little fed up with Whitney for being so high maintenance and sort of conceited and self absorbed, she seems to be a little more humble this season..... SO FAR.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Honestly I have never watched this show and just because Whitney, the few shows I have watched, has bugged me. First of all, as a fat woman, I can honestly say that she CAN NOT be as healthy as she claims. Second, I too find her incredibly self-absorbed.

Having said all that, I know it is unfair to judge based on my few times to view bits and pieces of episodes, but I go so far that if I see a commercial I will turn the channel.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have watched every season.

IMO, she is still thinking she knows best for everyone else and often it turns selfish.

I always thought she was jealous of Buddy and girlfriend. Yes he broke up with her, but she is still devastated. And Whitney was free with advice to "help" her friend purge everything from Buddy.

Whitney know this, but when Buddy, who is almost always inappropriate, kissed her, on camera, she notes that this should be kept to herself, then she mentions is approximately every ten minutes on the show. She was dying to mention it!

Now he has a girlfriend, but they show Whitney, in previews, pushing him, and it looks like enabling him to return to his trigger area.

And she wants a baby and seems to consider a baby as a free traded commodity so she can call discrimination? As she objectifies cute little Korean babies, she finds out that, surprise, people with healthy babies to adopt can be choosy. They may want two parents, and healthy ones to boot.

Just because in Whitney's world you celebrate being large, which certainly is a choice, but she is also diabetic, still fighting eating disorder, still seems unable to moderate exercise to a safe level when she wants to prove a point (in Hawai'i, last year's dance marathon where she collapsed and ended up in the er, and on previews in Alaska).

(OK, she would say not a choice due to polycystic ovary.. But Jillian Michaels also had that And dealt with it)

And she keeps wanting to drag her dance partner on the road, no matter what he wants.

How is this stable for a baby?

Sorry.. I could rant on and on.

Whitney has a good heart, but she is pretty immature and know it all with friends and family, but not so much with herself.

Babs is my favorite.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahahaha, very good summary, Seamonkey!!

And I agree, Babs is my favorite too.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 5:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Whitney is frothing at the mouth to tell Buddy's ex about the kiss.It is unfortunate that she appears to be so desperate to find a man but she is not unlike many women.
Love Babs and I once told Whitney via a tweet that she speaks to her Mother inappropriately at times; her response was that they talk that way all the time.
Her cat sitting in the sink and walking across the counter in that lovely kitchen grosses me out.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, I love cats, but those scenes wouldn't warn the hearts of adoption inspectors.

Her whole show where she sure so much and changes her mind so often and is so sure she is so healthy might be good for a show, but throwing a child into the mix!

And it is a shame that adoptable kids miss out on good single moms, but Whitney has issues beyond being single.

She isn't even thinking about special needs kids (not that I think she should adopt as her life is currently).

And someday she may live long enough to realize that 71 isn't ancient.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
A lot of us think we are ready for kids when we aren't. Then when we have them, we adapt and grow up.

She's old enough, and she has some issues, but we all do.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
True, but hopefully she can grow up more, first.

I just wouldn't be willing to throw a child into the mix at this point, and not with cameras.

She has a group of friends who would support her, but seems determined to betray some of them for drama. Not so grown up.

Certainly kids are brought into much worse situations, but she is asking to have one placed into her situation and is more worried about offense to her over the rules (in another country!)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I just don't see it quite the same.

Often people mask their disappointment on a big issue (not being able to adopt), by complaining about one more familiar (weigh discrimination). The fact was she would not have been able to adopt as a single mom anyway, regardless of her weight.

And let's not forget that sometimes drama is manufactured by the showrunners. They can be very manipulative, and the money very attractive.

She takes great care of her parents, aside from a bit too much nagging. She cares well for her pets and her friends.

I think she'd step up to the challenges of motherhood.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She might, but a baby isn't a cat or dog.

And she does care for her friends, but she also is way to enmeshed. Buddy's sobriety, his ex girlfriend and her processing, while Whitney plays games over a stupid secret kids on camera, and steamrollering over her dance partner and his life.

Remember he invited her to that workshop and when she got the opportunity to be in videos, she treated her friend like dirt, all to go on the road, abandon the dance class in his lap. Then she almost immediately bailed out on the great opportunity because she wasn't up to it physically and emotionally and her friends came to get her then the got all pissy over changes made to the class she abandonned.

I think she is pretty immmature.

And the production interference.. He parents are more popular with fans than she is, so she needs them to be involved and to go help of interfere.

Oh and for dad to finance trips to Hawai'i and Alaska.

I realize this will just go in circles in terms of discussion, but she needs to grow up if she really wants to adopt.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Todd treats her pretty poorly as well, I think that goes both ways. But then again, I think a lot of that is manufactured.

Because you know if it wasn't, and they saw what each other was saying on TV, they wouldn't be friends any more.

At any rate, you're right it will just go in circles.

I think she is about as mature as most people that have or adopt, so I'm not sure why she is held to a higher standard.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, and the maximum of stupidity... she is upset that her Mom was married before and that she has been lied to her - her whole life!!! Give me a break, damn she is self-absorbed!

Yeah, Babs, it is none of her business.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
One thing I don't get about Buddy's rehab is his not being in able to live in his own city. Everyone I know who did rehab went home to their house, not to other cities, so it seems a little weird to me.

He has to be able to stay sober in his normal habitat so I don't get the moving to different cities.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 2:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
As I remember from rehab shows they often go away from home and then do sober living or halfway houses away from the places and people associated with their addiction.

And often are encouraged to stay away.

Dr Drew and Dr Phil seemed to recommend that.

If course these days people are recruited to come here to "Rehab Riviera", signed up for insurance here and then when the insurance runs out, they often are "curbed" and many of our homeless here are in that predicament.. Not really helped (some of these facilities do massive numbers of urine tests, or bill for them, thus running through insurance quickly.) and with No way to get back home, no job.

It is a huge problem.

I think the concept is to change habitat permanently, but no matter what, sobriety is usually not maintained the first time around.

Buddy was a bartender.. Not a viable option niw.

I haven't watched get tonight, but isn't everything about Whitney?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I cannot imagine how much weight She might gain if she were to get pregnant.That would be a possible health risk yet I can understand her desire to have a child.
At 30 + she seems to have a lot of drama in her life.Love Babs !

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Tal is my fave. Such a nice, sensible, caring, even-keeled fellow. I'm drawn to personalities like his. Bet he gives good hugs. ;)
Todd the bitchy diva and Buddy who seems bi-polar, are nightmares.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Watched the beginning of this drama.

Good thing, she does mentioning fostering, which is a way to preview motherhood (not an easy way, though).

I am team Babs!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Whitney thinks $90,000 was what she would spend on a kid for life????I

OMG

But she seems to have potential eggs...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finished watching.. Worrisome about Buddy. Whitney is in over her hespad, but it is hard to not try to help. I have been there when I was in denial, not about my friend having problems, but about how good she was a hiding, lying and drinking.

And Buddy being so early in recovery with cameras..

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Thursday, January 10, 2019 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
My mom and I had a conversation regarding Babs first marriage. She was totally in Babs corner of "it's none of your business". I came at it from a different perspective. I understand I'm never going to know everything about my mom's life, but a previous marriage doesn't seem like a big deal to share with your children. Why hide it? They were married for four years and dated for seven...that's a long time. Yet the whole thing is hidden away in the closet for decades? If you want nothing to do with it, why isn't it all gone? I think Whitney's reaction was over the top and jumped to a lot of conclusions. Not handled well on either side, IMHO.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 10, 2019 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
As I've said before, I do think some of the over-dramatization of the events on the show are purely for the camera. For example, the whole previous marriage thing, Whitney just "happened" to find the wedding album after all these years?
And Whitney on camera talking about how upset Heather will be because Buddy is staying with Whitney. How is she keeping it a secret when she knows it's going to be on the show?

That said, the Buddy situation is very serious and frightening.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 10, 2019 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, Buddy's situation is not good. Tal gets it the most, but I wish the gang would go to Al-anon to get some guidance.

Some shows love to belabor points.. Here it is the stupid kiss.

And I get being open and all, but she just beat that place like crazy to want to shower with the shower curtain and the bathroom door open.

Especially with room mates.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 10, 2019 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think she said earlier that she and Tal regularly walk around nude, so it's likely just habit with her, and she didn't think Buddy would be returning at that time.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 10, 2019 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Buddy said from the past, he knew you had to watch where you look, so she may have followed the same practice when Buddy was there.

And camera crew..

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 10, 2019 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
My best friend is rather like this also. When she came to stay with me she really liked swimming, but got tired of rinsing the chlorine out of her suit.

So, she just started swimming nude. It was fine by me, but while my house is somewhat isolated, there are no blinds on the 8 sliding glass doors that surround the pool. So getting in and getting out, anyone driving by could easily see her. She wasn't bothered by it.

I think some folks are just more comfy. She may be uncomfortable with Buddy (and not with Tal) because there is some hint at more than friends with him.