TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 09, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: Archive through January 09, 2019 users admin

Kearie

07-21-2005

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
I don't want Courtney to win. Did she already win Australia's Got Talent? I'm not sure it's fair to have winners from other countries come here and compete again. Probably just me.

My favorites are the 2 comedians and Shin the magician. Those 3 acts always make me smile or laugh so they are the only 3 I would willingly spend money to see, the others, not so much.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Courtney is quite the performer doing songs made famous by others. Does anyone know if she has ever done an original song?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
My favorite remains Brian King Joseph.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Courtney is out. Vicki, trailer trash comic, is out!. Glennis Grace is out. Duo Transcend is out. Opera singer out.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Michael Ketterer out in 5th place. Simon was stunned. At least much of the audience was stunned.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Tourettes comic out in 4th place. Brian King Jospeh out in 3rd place. That leaves Zurcaroh and Shin Lim.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Shin Lim wins!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I was sure it would be the girl singer or Michael Ketterer. They were given great spots on the show last night.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
My son told me he saw Shin Lim on a Penn & Teller show and he had them completely baffled by his magic. That’s quite an endorsement when someone like Penn cannot catch your tricks.

Thanks for spoiling too. I was just coming on here to ask if someone would spoil.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Well if Brian didn’t win, I am happy for Sin Lin. He was great with his magic.

Kearie

07-21-2005

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
I'm happy with the results. Shin was great.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I’m very happy with the results.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
i have a feeling that any of the top 5 will get gigs after they do the Vegas show. I have feeling Simon will mentor Michel Ketterer and if Placido Domingo is still running the opera company (and I think opera school) in the DC area, that he will find a place for the opera guy(blanking on his name). The comics will get gigs. It was nice to see a "grown-up win this year.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Friday, September 21, 2018 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
Michael was arrested for domestic violence, there goes his image

http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/21/americas-got-talent-agt-finalist-michael-ketterer-arrested-domestic-violence/

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, September 22, 2018 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow. That's just sad. This is gonna break Simon's heart. He believed in him.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, September 22, 2018 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
The article said they had an argument and he hit her She didn't want to press charges but the police insisted. They dropped the charge to a misdemeanor when the wound was found not to be severe.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 03, 2018 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I sent to see the Angel City Chorale Saturday night in Lo S Angeles at Immanuel Presbyterian Church, which is pretty amazing architecture, built in 1929.

This was their 25th anniversary holiday show.

We had some concerns about traffic and rain. Thursday and Friday featured over 800 collisions during rainy rush hours. We looked into taking the train and metro link but it looked dicey in terms of getting the last train back to Orange County.

So we instead left super early, with plans for eating dinner nearby. That worked well, it didn't rain and I was able to navigate all the interstates involved and hectic city streets.

Concert was amazing. Sue Fink, the director, is every bit as sassy as she was on AGT, which helped make Simon a fan.

Long concert.. And then a reception with fabulous goodies to eat.

I even got to talk to Sue.

The train would never have worked.

On the way home we were late enough to have to avoid a closure at 11pm of the I405 for a bridge demolition..

They sold out both dates for the concert and added a third, and they say being on AGT brought them new fans to the many they had already.

They added 20 new singers as well.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sounds like a magical event. And yay for getting a chance to meet her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Actually, she was just standing at a good table and I said it was worth leaving at 2:30 for the 7pm concert and she said "The traffic sucked!" .

Our very early departure meant we were eating 🍕 pizza across the street for the really sucky traffic.

It was pretty magical.

It the added concert wasn't on Wednesday near Staples Center, on a weekday, with rain likely, I might have gotten a ticket. But our group has back to back singing gigs at 2 and 3:30 that same day, so I will be singing anyway.

One highlight was getting to sing the Hallalujah Chorus with the Chorale on stage and aisles full of Chorale Alumni, all belting it out. Magic for sure.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Oh. My. Golly. You actually sing with them? Now I've got goosebumps. That had to have been amazing!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
No!

They had the audience sing along on a few songs, including the Hallelujah chorus.

I sing with a small group from my senior center. We sing there most weeks and twice a month at assisted living places. We do 8-10 give in Nov/Dec.

I am definitely not Angel City calibre and not in L.A.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, December 05, 2018 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ok. Ok. Still fun! :-)

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Loved seeing the returnees and acts from other country's Got Talent's as well. LOVED the guys from Australia much more than the comedian who went through. Susan Boyle was flawless as well.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Love the fact that I read that some acts were asked to come back but they turned down the opportunity. Wonder which of the US acts said no?

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping to see Kseniya Simonova from 2009 Ukraine Got Talent. Her sand painting to music can be seen on Youtube.