TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 16, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway All Stars Season 7: Archive through January 16, 2019 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 12, 2019 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There may be avoidance of all things connected to Harvey Weintein. Like JCP not producing the winning garment each week.

Georgina has had backlash against Marquesa because of her connection to him.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
For Georgina to have repercussions due to her creepy ex would be unfortunate; it is not her faulty and she divorced him lickety split.With or without JCP the designers will do well.
The one benefit of JCP was to have a reasonably priced vendor vs more upscale stores.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I think the stuff about her husband came out before this season was filmed. JC Penny probably pulled out when it came out.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think that backlash against Georgina was because she knew but willingly sold her wifely job in exchange for the designer label financed by her husband.
for some reason I have the idea that some marriages are more a negotiated contract when money is involved.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
JCP has been on the verge of bankruptcy for several year now...it might be that they decided that it was not a good use of their finances and it had nothing to do with Ms. Chapman.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The cast list is up on the Lifetime website. If someone would tell me how to put them on top of the page I would be happy to do so (or even better if someone who was good at it would like to do so I have included a link).

https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway-all-stars/cast

And while I am looking at the cast list, Michelle Lesniak really is starting to not look cute...she needs to realize that those punky hairstyles are just not made for a woman after a certain age. Just my opinion of course. (And same with Seth Aaron.)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Interviews with Georgina have caused me to cut her some slack.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sunny, did you mean to say the stuff about Weinstein came out AFTER the season was filmed, which is why JCP has now pulled out from the deal?

I think this season was filmed quite some time ago but Lifetime sat on it forever before finally airing this season.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I just read the Vogue article. Very interesting stuff.

Not a fan of blaming the spouse. She has lost a marriage that apparently she was pretty happy in, she is working hard to keep her business going, lost all of her homes, and her young children have lost the father they loved. She has enough on her plate. I guess we will never know what she did or did not know about her husband but I hope she has success in the future.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Yes Lexie I meant after. I just noticed my mistake. Thank you for watching out for me.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer! pls see Roxip's post above about wanting to know how to create banner

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The banner process is a little involved so I’ll do a banner. In fact, feel free to PM or send me an email (or post about it) anytime you’d like one. As long as people want them, I’ll do them. :-)

I don’t always see every post so if I don’t respond, feel free to give me a nudge.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer. A banner would be nice, even if it necessitates moving to a new thread, since we just kind of kept going on the last thread.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I have always thought that Georgina suspected he was having affairs (the wife always knows) but she looked the other way for the children's sake as well as her business which was doing quite well thanks to their marriage. I don't believe for a minute that Georgina knew he was assaulting these women.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, I pretty much knew what my ex was doing, even though he constantly gas lighted me in the last few years. I knew the lies, I knew how he treated people, I knew the kindness he could show as well as the cruelty. Weinstein was an open secret, most people in the business knew, I find it hard to believe his wife had no idea. But at the same time, I know friends won't say anything to you, you need not so close friends and family who love you the most to tell you the truth.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh I'll start a new thread and move the posts for the current season over there when I create the new banner.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thin lifetime is just burning off this show since they lost rights to project runway. So we get a nothing web site where we used to get all kinds of things, blogs and model videos.

actually I miss a lot that used to be on the top chef site on bravo, the in the house video bonuses really used to show the other side of chefs, who is serious on the show but all fun off the show. The chefs love of junk food.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
FWIW

https://www.vogue.com/article/anna-wintour-editors-letter-vogue-june-2018

https://www.vogue.com/article/georgina-chapman-life-after-harvey-weinstein

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, you Rock!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Jimmer does rock.

I can't even find the first episode on Direct TV and it doesn't look like they are constantly re-running the episodes like they normally do. I agree - they are just going through the motions.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Roxip, do you have Roku? I believe they have a Lifetime channel.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
They aren't re-running the episodes like they used to but I was able to find the first two episodes On Demand.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I have tried On Demand and haven't been able to find it (although I'm fairly new to Direct TV - and I detest it). I don't have Roku but I'm eyeing it for the future because I might cut the cable in the very near future.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOLZ... I must be one of the view people that loves her cable company. We get such fantastic service from the cable company down here, I have no need to switch to Direct TV or Dish.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
yay Unconventional materials, I usually like this, but some people are going weird. taste is certainly in question this year. other things are - how did they do that great