TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 04, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Top Chef Kentucky: Archive through January 04, 2019 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, December 07, 2018 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't know a new season was on. give me something to watch while other shows are on hiatus. looks like interesting cooks.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Thoroughly enjoyed the first episode - but was I the only one thinking of Paul and Mary's "soggy bottom" about that biscuit?? :-)

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Teach I think you're in the wrong thread. It happens.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, December 10, 2018 - 4:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I love this show. I'm so happy it is back on.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, December 10, 2018 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed learning about the new Chef's but one guy is going to be a know it all. I am referring to the guy who told the Chef that she did not have time to make her pasta; while he was correct he needs to stay in his lane. The house they are in is magnificent.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, December 10, 2018 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Marameko, I think that was Brandon (but I wouldn't swear to it). And yes, the mansion they are staying in is absolutely gorgeous!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Sunny - no, I'm in the right thread. Tom specifically mentioned the soggy bottom of the biscuit of the chef who got cut. I laughed because Paul and Mary Barry are always talking about soggy bottoms on TGBBO.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
so funny last chance kitchen was biscuits.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Sorry Teach, I had just watched Best Baker and had that on my mind. I remember Tom saying something about her steaming her biscuits.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Her biscuits looked like trouble. I have to watch the first few episodes over a few times, so much happens and there’s too many people! But I love it and what it to last as long as possible.

Thought the pasta lady would go hone when Padma said it was a problem out of the gate. I had wanted the simple guy, who only did enough to get by - he should’ve gone. His ricotta wasn’t as good Tom said! Oh well

On to week 2

Ark

07-09-2001

Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
This is my first season watching and I'm really only watching because a family member asked me to because her nephew is on. I'm kind of liking it but I wish this nephew would go home because he's doing poorly and makes me nervous every week. Can anyone explain Last Chance Kitchen to me?

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 11:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
The ousted chefs compete to get the chance to return to the main competition. The last chef standing goes back to the kitchen to compete with the others for the chance to be crowned Top Chef.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, December 21, 2018 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Which cheftestant is her nephew?

Kc103

07-13-2004

Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 12:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kc103 a private message Print Post    
When did this season start?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
KC ... it started in early December but there was no episode last week. I think you've only missed about three episodes.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I thought last week was part 1 of resturant wars.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It was.. Early for Restaurant Wars.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I love watching over confident teams blow it...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Maybe so Seamonkey.... I'm so confused with the holidays and some TV shows go on a winter break and some don't.

Christmas seems like a lifetime ago.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
They seem to be showing less Top Chef reruns! Part 2 of restaurant wars seemed brutal to me, very chaotic. I’ve not taken the time to watch any of the last chance kitchens, the promos show Brother, and I’m done with the bringing back ringers

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Part 2 was chaotic, but I was distracted with ipad/computer issues so I will need to watch again. I do love Last Chance Kitchen.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have said for years the one issue I have with Restaurant Wars is having FOTH being required to cook a dish. There is not a restaurant on this planet where the "hostess" is required to also cook a dish. I have always thought that there should be two winners in the Quickfire and those two winners work FOTH and don't have to cook a dish. It doesn't mean they have immunity because they can still screw up FOTH (like Nini did), but at least they don't have to worry about cooking a dish (or having one of their teammates finish their dish).

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
it was a lot to follow with 3 kitchens. I thought the guy who won had messed up the front of house.
could it be because they hire actors to be the wait staff that they are not good. I don't think all actors support themselves by being waiters anymore.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie - to a point I agree with you. It does seem a horribly unfair burden. On the other hand, I think, can these very talented chefs not be creative enough to come up with something that doesn't require their interaction later?

Nini made the mistake of listening when she was told to me her chocolate sorbet early. She should have just said no.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Lexie, Tom and Padma said it was early in the season for Restaurant Wars.

I hate losing Nini. Huge mistake to volunteer for front of the house. I am sure several of them are happy to see her to in terms of threat.

I hate the front of the house concept where they are at the mercy of set designers and untrained servers.

And having to rely on competitors to plate of finish your dish..