TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
I Am Jazz

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: I Am Jazz users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New season started last night. Jazz is finally getting her "bottom" surgery.

She lost 30 pounds and seems much happier, they showed her and her friends going to a LBTQ (I think I am missing a letter) prom, selecting dresses, etc. That was fun.

BUT, Noelle was a student at Parkland when the shooting occurred and is still suffering from PTSD due to it, so they ended up leaving the prom because she can't take the screaming (kids whopping it up), it takes her back to the shooting.

I am glad they showed that the aftermath of a school shooting doesn't just go away, it causes problems for some time (thoughts and prayers just don't hack it!!! JMO).

The season looks like it will be interesting.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
G 😉

I felt so bad for Noelle, but really good about how Jazz and friends, and her brother left to support her.

I loved that Jazz said heck no I am not leaving you and I will bring you the cheesecake and friends.

Noelle said she heard the last three shots before the gun jammed and it sounds like she lost classmates.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank you Seamonkey.... LBGTQ!! I just couldn't remember which letter was missing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think the latest is LGBTQIA, to include intersex and the A can mean asexual or allies.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
HOly crap, don't I and A fit into the other areas, and what about Pansexual? Do we need to add that letter too? LOL.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Soon there will be no letters left for people who prefer not to define themselves by their sexuality.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Intersex is a genetic condition .. Chromosomes and mixed genetalia, nothing to do with sexuality.

Transgender is about the chosen gender, not sexuality.

But yes most are about who attracts a person.

For a long time lots of these people had to live secretly, even from the gay community, and lesbian community.

Our gay men's chorus has transgender members and one intersex member.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm all for live and let live in most cases. I just have trouble keeping up with the changing definitions.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 04, 2019 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
For sure!

I attended a webinar that was all about transgender pronouns, which dancehall over the place and can be pretty individual.

This webinar was out on by Alzheimer's Orange County, attended mostly by professionals dealing with people in all stages of memory loss, thus an older age skew.

Starr

07-09-2005

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I thought I heard Jazz a few times say "LGBTQ+" (which makes it a lot easier) haha

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That sounds right.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So Amir doesn't have a job, at least not one that he has mentioned, so how does he afford this travel / support himself. Just one of those things that I wonder about.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 24, 2023 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight ... it started up last week and I forgot to mention it here but it turned out to be more of a repeat of the last show from the last season.

It ended with them going off to Harvard with, unfortunately, Mom in tow.

I do think Mom needs to butt out now. I know Jazz had a hard time the first time she went but clearly she needs to learn how to run her life on her own. She is never going to figure anything out if she is constantly managed by her Mom.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 26, 2023 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I understand Jeannette's concerns, considering Jazz's mental health issues combined with death threats, but at the party they showed, she was with her brother and a film crew, so the stalking was over the top.

They could, however, have just texted her when they changed locations, which could have kept mom at home. The film crew could have been reachable, but TLC loves drama.

I guess there is the part about figuring things out and there is the part about specific death threats toward Jazz and the part about transphobia in general, and the part about gun violence in general, and also being in Florida.

Enough to alarm any parent.

I am happy that she was able to return to Harvard.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 26, 2023 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://people.com/tv/jazz-jennings-talks-powerful-adult-journey-i-am-jazz/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 26, 2023 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes I understand the fear, especially in Florida. I think Jazz should have stayed in Boston, gotten a summer job and continued her independence.

Jeannette is over the top, since Jazz was with brother, crew and friends she should have just waited it out. I thought it was a bit ridiculous the stalking.

I was disappointed that we didn't get more info on her move to Harvard. I wondered how long Jeanette stayed up there, hopefully not long. And that is where I would have expected the stalking, she didn't have a film crew with her.

I am sorry but I think when you have a film crew following you around you are more safe than when you are alone.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 26, 2023 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think the stalking was egged on by the second camera crew..

Maybe Harvard nixed filming too much on campus.

I think TLC money and influence is a factor, plus wanting her at home active on social media brother involved.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: