TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
My Big Fat Fabulous Life

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: My Big Fat Fabulous Life users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 10, 2019Karuuna25 01-10-19  1:22 pm
Archive through February 21, 2019Seamonkey25 02-21-19  10:51 am
Archive through April 03, 2019Seamonkey25 04-03-19  10:00 am
Archive through December 10, 2020Mameblanche25 12-10-20  8:08 am
Archive through January 06, 2021Dipo25 01-06-21  3:49 pm
Archive through August 09, 2022Dipo25 08-09-22  10:43 am
Archive through December 08, 2022Dipo25 12-08-22  2:12 pm
Archive through October 26, 2023Karuuna25 10-26-23  9:43 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 26, 2023 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Blue haired friend/coworker was there, but her hair wasn't blue that night. she carried in the cake. Her husband was the source of the male friends who he invited at Whit's request, even though all of them are married. She did mention that at one point.

Whit seems to like cold water. Not the first time..

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 26, 2023 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
no, that's not who I was talking about. That was Jessica, her business partner. She's married to Isaiah.

The other friend isn't married, and I think she slept with Ryan, Whitney's old business partner. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 27, 2023 - 12:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I know that was Jessica, but Jessica often has blue hair.

The other friend was involved with Buddy a few seasons back.

There were several key friends missing from the birthday party. I guess that is why the extras who are friends of isaiah.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 27, 2023 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, the friend that was involved with Buddy is the one I was asking about. I knew Jessica was there. :-)

Rabernet

08-10-2014

Sunday, November 12, 2023 - 4:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rabernet a private message Print Post    
Heather is the friend who dated Buddy.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, November 12, 2023 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Rabernet! I wonder why we haven't seen her this season?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 28, 2023 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Interesting ... I hope Whitney figures out that Glen can have a life without her "helicoptering" it, and finally gets her own life going again.

Glad Glen is making his own decisions again.

And wasn't Hunter planning to move away at one point in his career, I can't remember for sure, then Babs got sick and he stayed?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 29, 2023 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I understand Whitney's grief... she lost her mom, now she won't see her dad every day - it will feel like another loss.

I also understand Glen's decision. He's had a lifetime with Whitney and Hunter, and so little time with these new relatives. I also think Angi is much less commanding with him, letting him make his own decisions and being more respectful.

I was watching this show and wondered how I'd feel if my only son moved away, and started bawling. I get it. I don't know how much time I have left, and while I'm not a helicopter mom, I do like being able to see him once a month.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 29, 2023 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I get that too, Karuna, I have always felt Whitney was too invested in her parents life, but they seemed to like it that way.

I think Whitney will be able to see her Dad frequently but also, she can facetime and all that stuff.

I think this will be a great growing experience for her and Dad deserves some time away with his new relatives.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 29, 2023 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
didn't know I posted twice, LOL.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 29, 2023 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Fixed it, Dipo. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 29, 2023 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am far from a Whitney fan and Glenn was probably done with her in tantalizing him and taking over every aspect of his life.. Helping is not just bulldozing to wear someone down, but to give them choices. Glenn probably paid for all of them to go to Switzerland, but Whitney has to be in charge. And this isn't the first trip where she dramatically got sick.

However, I was definitely shocked that he would make such a drastic decision behind the backs of his children with Babs to the point that he talked to Angie, seemingly she suggested that he live with her, then apparently all of the nieces and nephews were involved and Glenn chose to announce this to Hunter and Whitney in front of the whole group AND on camera.

Is almost seems like maybe the past spoiling of Whitney was done by and for Bans and now Glenn is kind of done. I also wonder if some of the new family (and potentially even more family if Angie's son is found) .. I hope they don't see Glenn as a lovely man, but also a cash cow?

And after losing Babs, some of Whit's fears about Glenn could be legitimate.

I do get all sides of this.

I also cried. I wasn't all up in my dad's business after things settled down after my mom died, but was driving him to some appointments and encouraging him to find reasons to live but then his surgery to diagnose lung cancer went awry and A nursing error sealed the deal and we lost him, too.. 4 months apart. So, yeah when Whit started crying, it hit me, too.

Maybe Glenn is tired of camera crews (though TLC must be helping fund things like the Switzerland trip)

All of this could affect Whitney's income stream and clearly Angie will affect the Thore family estate.

Dipo, that second to last sentence is probably what Whitney thinks should apply to Angie.. See him often and Facetime.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 29, 2023 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/tv-star-who-reunited-with-long-lost-daughter-after-years-makes-brave-decision/ar-AA1kJ1Hv

She seems to have rebounded and teasing to watch the next season.

And still involved with new family per that link.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 29, 2023 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I do wonder sometimes how much of these shows are softly scripted for drama.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 29, 2023 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes.. That article makes me think that scene was maybe a recreation and not the first time for Hunter and Whitney to hear it.. I hope.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 29, 2023 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Karuuna.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 13, 2024 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
E! News
@enews
ยท
1h
My Big Fat Fabolous Life's Whitney Way Thore Reveals 100-Pound Weight Loss Transformation

"In 2015 (season 1), I weighed 385 pounds," the TLC star noted. "In 2018, I lost 50 pounds. When my mom got sick and eventually died [in December 2022], I lost 50 more. I weigh 285 pounds and I have been this weight for almost a year now."

After explaining this is only the second time in her life she's dropped significant weight, Whitney expressed how she struggles to read comments about her weigh

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 13, 2024 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't agree with people who constantly feel the need to comment on Whitney's weight (and other attributes), the whole concept of her show was about weight being fabulous, and she tends to mention it many times in a show, so she has kind of made it an issue.

I also get where having people praise her (or anyone) for weight loss can seem like a criticism of their former size and might not be seen as encouragement. It can be tricky.

But good for her and her health, so far.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: