TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 20, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars- Season 27: Archive through November 20, 2018 users admin

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
If they really wanted to prove the show isn't rigged or favoring anyone, there's one simple thing that they'll never do- show the audience voting percentages (even showing the splits without putting names to them would help- at least reveal them after the season so we can see who was trending or if it was a wire-to-wire result).

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That could make it very hard for them to retain any suspense and that could influence ratings. For example, it was revealed afterward that there was one American Idol season where the eventual winner lead by a huge margin throughout the entire season. It was never close.

(I’m not sure but I think it was Carrie Underwood)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 5:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was at a luncheon yesterday and there were people at my table talking about Juan Pablo's elimination and how they need to have some sort of "judge's save."

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
did you ask if they are TVCH members? :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah... I'm pretty sure they are not!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 11:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, November 19, 2018 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
If not-the-best dancer wins the mirrorball tonight, that would be OK. Bobby & Sharna's freestyle was the best ever entertaining dance!!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, November 19, 2018 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Winner of the mirrorball -- Bobby & Sharna !!!!!!!!!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, November 19, 2018 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Winner.........Bobby and Sharna!!!!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, November 19, 2018 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
This was a very strange season. Unfortunately, it was more of a popularity contest than a dance contest. Grocer Joe lasting soo long, Juan Pablo getting voted out too soon and DeMarco getting voted out also. I’m happy that Keo had a good partner and was in the finale.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, November 19, 2018 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I agree, very, very weird...never got into it at all.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Monday, November 19, 2018 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I haven’t watched this season mainly because I only knew about 2 of the “stars”. Turned on the show tonight, just saw the introduction or parade. I didn’t see Erin Andrews, is she still there?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 19, 2018 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I stopped watching weeks ago. First time ever for that.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, November 19, 2018 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yes, Erin is still there. Still the best-ever DWTS co-host.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, November 19, 2018 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well that was a little disappointing because the other three were clearly better dancers. However, I really enjoyed this season and all of the contestants. I think a lot of fans were turned off by the fake shortened spring season and the show hasn't recovered.

It's also weird that they didn't do a final two. Maybe they didn't want to give the audience any chance to express their disapproval?

Some people have said that this show needs a judge's save. However, the judges can already "save" contestants just by scoring appropriately but they don't want to do that it seems.

It's not that big a deal though as far as I'm concerned. My main thing is that it's a fun show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 19, 2018 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
For their sake they hope most fans feel the way you do.

Actually, I have recorded, so I guess I count in overall ratings. But didn't Juan Pablo get maximum scores and still was out?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 12:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Juan Pablo got 30s two weeks running I think, and was still out.

I'm a bit disappointed, I didn't get Bobby's appeal, Elena(sp?) was so good and Milo has just been amazing the last few weeks.

I might be wrong, but I think it's the first time for a few years a weaker dancer has won. I think it happened a few times earlier on, but not so much recently.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
But didn't Juan Pablo get maximum scores and still was out?

Yes that’s correct. However, the problem isn’t his high scores. The problem is the judges scoring average dancers far too high. The judges already effectively have a “save”. The problem is they aren’t using it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The "Men of Dancing With the Stars" Facebook page posted the order of the top four --

Bobby & Sharna
Milo & Witney
Evanna & Keo
Alexis & Alan

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
The original premise of the show was watching famous people make fools of themselves while learning how to dance. But now most of them are ringers. Perhaps the audience liked John & Bobby because they really were amateurs.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We really enjoyed this season. I didn't know who all the dancers were at the beginning of the season, but it was fun getting to know them and watching them improve along the way. I was really shocked that Bobby and Sharna won, but I'm okay with it cause he was such a joy to watch. You couldn't help but smile when he was on the dance floor. And my gosh, the guy was living on 2 or three hours of sleep a night. That's a pretty big hardship in my book, and he was still having the time of his life. I'm happy for him.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that Bobby was a lot of fun and he had a great attitude. And I’ve come to like Sharna more and more over the years so I was happy to see her win. She was so funny with him! Yes I would have preferred one of the other couples because they were better dancers but it’s hard for me to be seriously upset. I thought it was one of the more enjoyable seasons.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Trying to post a pic from their FB page that showed the places....grrr

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
From Men of Dancing With the Stars FB page

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I’m soo happy for Keo. He’s a very talented pro, finally gotten a great partner and realized it’s not only about him. It took him some time to realize that and here’s hoping he gets a winner next season. I’ll watch and root for him.