TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Crikey!

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Animals: Crikey! users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 02, 2018 - 2:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, a new series on animal planet with The Irwins carrying on Steve's animal conservation mission.

And there is a two hour special being repeated about Steve and his lasting impact that is quite touching and wonderful and often funny.

Steve and a huge snake on Jay Leno had me laughing with great glee.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 05, 2018 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
They are very charming people and I am struck by how well-spoken and polite both Bindi and Bob (Robert) are.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 05, 2018 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have been binging on animal planet, various shows) and they have a couple of promos with their other stars saying Steve Irwin's crikey! Another has various of them saying words about Steve.. Everyone from Dr Jeff Rocky Mountain vet, some of the Alaska Bush people, Derrick from BB and his own show and the Irwins.. They really celebrate Steve's legacy.

On the two hour show, they had Steve in interview saying that he wanted his kids to follow in his footsteps and they certainly have.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 05, 2018 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think that's how Animal Planet is doing the promos for several of their shows this year. It is really cute.

I'm binging on Animal Planet also...although I haven't watched the show about the big cats yet because the guy who apparently leads that show kind of creeps me out.

I have recorded the show "Amanda to the Rescue" but haven't watched it yet (just haven't had time in between all the holiday cooking shows...LOL!).

Never miss Pitt Bulls and Parolees though.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 05, 2018 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The Amanda promos just annoy me. Maybe it is the laugh.

I watch Pit Bull and Parolees, all the zoo series, Dr K..

Dr Jeff isn't on right now, but I love that show.

And I always loved Steve Irwin.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 05, 2018 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The thing about that Amanda girl is she reminded me of someone who was on Project Runway a season or so ago whom I did not care for (she was a twin) so I had to make sure she wasn't the same person...but I will give the show a chance.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 05, 2018 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OMG! She does!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
When I saw the commercials I thought surely it wasn't her...but she looked and acted so much like that girl that I was immediately turned off...so glad it isn't her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just cannot handle the laugh.

And while it is a popular thing to pour thousands into rehabbing one animal, I have a big of a hard time knowing that the same money might save hundreds of healthy animals from high kill shelters.

I don't have time to watch every animal or vet show anyway.

The zoo shows and Crikey are working hard to save endangered species. Dr Jeff is working hard in the spay and neuter arena. He has clinics in other areas of the world and enlists and trains vets from all over I technique and getting people to bring animals in.

He is low cost but every animal who goes to surgery gets spayed or neutered.

It seems that Australia Zoo is more hands on with some of the animals, like the blind tiger they showed last night.

Terri Irwin was right in there and said she loves getting in more animal time.

The director of all the NYC zoo's is the same. He says any time he can spend working with the animals is golden.

I don't think Robert goes by Bob. He has "Robert" on his shirt.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree about Robert going by Robert. It was just something that Steve said back in an interview - I think he called them Bindi and Bob but obviously Robert prefers Robert. He's sure a cutie though!

I love The Zoo. My only problem is that it seems like the season is way too brief! I love getting behind the scenes stuff that shows how hard they are working to save endangered species, how hard they work to make the lives of the animals in their care more authentic, etc. I like even seeing the weird species that you would never notice at the zoo and how hard they are working to reintegrate them back in their native habitats.

Pitt Bulls and Parolees has a special place in my heart because it was one of the original shows I started watching on Animal Planet and I have grown to feel like I know Tia and her family.

Dr. Jeff - there is absolutely nothing I don't like about his show. Those people work their tails off!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Totally agree on those shows.

I know Jack Hanna introduced Robert as Bob.

And he may use that too..

He was so young when they lost Steve, but he has lots of footage to see.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I wonder how that is - growing up with a father that is bigger than life, whose images are all around, not to mention living in the middle of his legacy - it sure appears that his Mom has really worked hard to create balance in his (and Bindi's) life.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They seem like a super solid family.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Monday, April 06, 2020 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
I just heard that Animal Planet will be showing Bindi's Wedding on April 18th.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 06, 2020 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nice! Because of COVID19,she went from a large wedding to 5 people attending. Robert has her away.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 06, 2020 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Bindi's husband grew up utilizing Steve. He competed in Wakeboarding and while in Australia came to thezoo. His tour guide that day happened to be Bindi. So they met the same way Terri met Steve.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 07, 2020 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I wonder how many of these young couples who have chosen to go ahead and get married in a simple ceremony will realize that the big show they were planning before was just a waste of money...a lot of my daughter's friends have done this and I wonder if a few months down the road that promised big party will happen - that money would be better spent on saving for a house or paying off debt!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 07, 2020 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Actually I went to a big wedding of the granddaughter of a friend. She was in her 30s but spent $30k and not that long after the honeymoon, she had so much regret. Could have had a down payment on a house. Since the bulk of the expense was from the couple, they were so aware of that issue. Had daddy paid, and they had been younger, maybe less angst.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, July 31, 2020 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Sobering show last weekend - having to lay off so much of their staff and pinching pennies to make sure they were able to feed their animals - glad for the donation of vegetables and the Australian government's assistance.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: