TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 19, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 19, 2018 users admin

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, August 24, 2018 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Heidi is an US citizen. (Duel)

Mrstaz

07-20-2006

Friday, August 24, 2018 - 11:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mrstaz a private message Print Post    
I apologize I meant they weren't born in the U.S.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I know the U.S. is considered America, but technically there is Canada and the native nations up there, U.S., Mexico, central and South America..

But it is interesting that they bring in acts from other continents.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was surprised to see Mel B. on the show last night. I thought she was in rehab for PTSD? I wish her well with her recovery.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's getting really rude of Mel B to keep buzzing great acts that have made it to live shows. It's not like buzzing them makes them go home at this stage. It's just obnoxious.

I think Heidi may have done it once, too. I'm not sure.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Why is she doing it? Does she think they are suddenly that bad or is it a pathetic attention seeking grab (or maybe the show puts them up to it?).

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
BJM my DH was surprised MelB was on the show last night. He also told me she was in rehab. Since it was news to me, I figured he was wrong and argued that it must have been some other celeb. But now I'm going to Google it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
https://www.eonline.com/ca/news/963676/mel-b-addresses-rumors-after-announcing-plan-to-enter-rehab

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
"I've been in therapy since my father got diagnosed with cancer nine years ago," she told Michele. "My therapy changed a little bit because I was in a very intense relationship, which you can all read about in my book,"

From the above. Good plug for her book.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I hope someone will spoil tonight........please!!!!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 2:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Going forward -- Us the Duo, Brian King Joseph, Michael Ketterer, Christina Wells, Zurcaroh, Daniel Emmet, Aron Crow

Eliminated -- Hans, Joseph O'Brien, Rob Lake, UDI Dance, The Future Kinz

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hans and Rob Lake!

Not that crazy about either Michael Ketterer or Christina Wells. I thought they were both pitchy.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Saturday, September 01, 2018 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
There are so many other singing contests. Other talents should win.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I've been voting for Courtney Hadwin, the quirky 13 year old singer. I've been under the impression she is painfully shy and inexperienced, but she actually came in 6th place on Britain's "The Voice".

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I am a fan of Courtney Hadwin too. It'll be fun watching her blossom and grow into a great entertainer with her dance & facial movements and singing style. She's my pick for the win on AGT.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Really don’t get Courtney. Love Brian and of all the finalists, he is the most memorable to me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't care now that Angel City Chorale is out.

I was at a dulcimer festival today and met one of the members of the chorus. If they had gone into finals, they would have taped today.

She is a hammered dulcimer player and performed today.

Anyway, they were actually recruited. They performed Africa in 2013 and it became a viral video on YouTube. So that came to the attention of AGT.

I wonder how many acts are recruited.

She said they feel happy that they had time to get their message across and that they wanted to perform Bruce Springsteen's The Rising, but had to get permission from Springsteen and that he is known to not give permission, but he did! They were pumped that the performance aired on 9/11.

The have concerts Dec 1 and 2 in Los Angeles and I hope to get tickets!

She was so excited when I told her I had been voting for them.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 4:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Very interesting, Sea.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Ithink a lot of people have always been recruited for talent shows. That does not mean they are not actually competing, but that they have a leg up on judge approval. I think that is what they have to do to keep the level of performance up, that does not mean if they don't have an amazing performer walk in the door they will turn them down.

Glad your friends group had a chance, but I think very large groups are doomed before hand because it is hard to manage all the lives for a career of professional touring.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree.. They didn't seek it out and many of the members of the chorale are quite busy outside the chorale, but they had an experience and, most importantly, got their message out more widely.

I am now signed up at their website, and will pounce when tickets go on sale.

www.angelcitychorale.org

Cheryl said that the sound is so much better in person and I think the mic situation is better. I remember Simon commented that watching back on video wasn't the same as being in the theatre.

Anyway, it was cool to get a bit of insider information.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Cheryl said that the sound is so much better in person and I think the mic situation is better. I remember Simon commented that watching back on video wasn't the same as being in the theatre.

That was an issue for me, too. I don't really enjoy a song if I can't understand the words. The sound wasn't very good, cause I couldn't understand the words they were singing. Too bad, cause hubby and I both liked them.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Who’s going to win tomorrow night? Could be either of the two comics. Or close-up magician. I felt some acts fell a little flat on this finale night.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Trailer Trash would make a great comedy show. Vicki reminds me of Phyllis Diller.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love almost everyone, except for the trapeze artist people. They are very good, but I don't enjoy wondering if he's going to drop his wife the whole time. I think Shin Lim our favorite, but I thought everyone performed well last night. I was surprised that Glennis Grace is from Amsterdam (I Googled it when Mel said she has a career in "her country"). She really has no accent and what a beautiful singing voice.

I hope they all get careers out of this!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I WANT Trailer Nasty Vicki to win cuz she's my favourite.
I EXPECT Courtney to win because I read that she is the odds-on-favourite to win by Vegas professional gamblers/bettors.
I BELIEVE Zucaroh SHOULD win as they are the most perfectly VEGAS-type show. Plus they are my other favourite act.