TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 04, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Face Off on SyFy: Archive through July 04, 2018 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Costacat I think autocorrect took over in your post!

I am quite surprised Kc made it to the finale, I thought Fainia would or Nelson over her.

I was surprised when Glenn referred to the season as ultra competitive. I just don't see it.

Such a ho hum season imo.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 11:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well not sure why but the new season starts in a couple of weeks, is it going to be an all stars?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 11, 2017 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
! That was quick!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, August 11, 2017 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
oh, it is not a real face off, it is face off game face or
The network has announced a spinoff of their award-winning Face Off reality competition, in which four all-stars race against the clock to complete three challenges, with eliminations after every round, until one of ’em walks away with the $10,000 prize.
found it in the news.
http://tvline.com/2017/07/20/face-off-spinoff-syfy-game-face/

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 11, 2017 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Sounds like Cosplay Melee Face Off style.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 12:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Costacat long time no see.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I really think the talent pool of this year is below prior years standards. Andrew is the only one who has consistently been good. I'm interested to see how the finale is pulled together as the rehearsal was kind of flat.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think the winner was the correct one, although I also wasn't that enamoured with the whole group this year. I think we've come to expect a high level or expertise, which they usually meet, but they were missing a spark.

The new show, "Face Off: Game Face" was worth watching. Each week they bring back four contestants from the normal shows, and they do three quick challenges with the winner getting $10,000.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Was the winner Anthony (dark haired guy if I have the name wrong)?

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Yes Andrew won.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the correction on the name. He was the best of the contestants remaining in my opinion.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Game Face: Poor Roy he just can't win.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
The final product was a lot of fun, and the right person won. But the women did pull off great final makeups.

They aren't show the Game Face show on Cdn. Space.☹️

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 04, 2018 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The new season starts tomorrow night. Tuesday, June 5.

This is the longest break from the show we have ever had and I'm glad. It gave me a chance to miss it, instead of feel bombarded with it.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, June 04, 2018 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
it's also the final season naja:

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2018/05/face-off-cancelled-season-13-battle-royale/

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That's a shame, because I honestly felt this was one of the best reality shows on television...the artists competed and yet were so collaborative. The talent level was off the charts.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Very disappointing. Apparently Face Off is the very last unscripted tv show on SYFY. I first felt the feel of the channel changing back when they got rid of their ghost hunting and stories shows.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
kind of takes the glow off the show starting tonight. well, guess they have to have another CW rip off, hehe,
my one problem is that this show is going far to much into fantasy and very little into real syfy, don't need more vampires and werewolves and wizards and horror.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Good first show! Personally the winning design wasn't my favorite (but I haven't ever seen one of the director's movies so my perspective probably isn't relevant in that regard) but everybody did a better than decent job.

I didn't think the show was ever about "real syfy" (what does that mean - space aliens? - I truly want to know and I realize that my phrasing might come across as snarky but I truly do not intend that). I always thought that there are many aspects of movie makeup magic and although syfy is certainly one of them the other stuff - fantasy, vampire, wizards, horrors, etc. - are also part of their trade. I've always thought that this show helps showcase their talent and the best artists are the ones that are diverse and can do everything that they might be called to do as a makeup artist. I'm just fascinated at the stuff that comes out of these people's brains!

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
It' not all about syfy. They've had all kinds of challenges, Wizard of Oz, Beetlejuice,and various books among others. I will really miss this show.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I guess I can delete syfy channel from my favorites list after this season ends...every time I click on it they are running Futurama...EVERY.SINGLE.TIME! I have never watched Futurama and I really just don't care to (not a cartoon fan...don't watch The Simpsons either).

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
sorry, sometimes I need to write so people can actually understand me, I meant this net work, I don't \care so much about Face off going into fantasy, they do all kinds of movies and tv shows for make up
But the syfy channel has science fiction in it's original name and spends way too much time on vampires and werewolves.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That makes much more sense and I totally agree with you. I think they are moving away from what made them unique and taking off their best programming.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Monday, June 11, 2018 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
None of these contestants are among my favorites. I wish it had been all new people. I wish someone would pick up this show.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I was happy, and now I'm sad.

I'm coming late to the party, didn't realize there was a new season of Face Off until last week... just happened to stumble across it. That made me so happy!! I've missed it. Same as someone said above, I've always enjoyed the supportive, encouragement the contestants give each other. I also enjoyed that the show focused a lot on the process of creating and very little drama. Lastly, I love watching people who have talents that I do not. Their creativity and skills just amaze me. :-)

But now I'm sad, because I see that it's the last season, and I missed the first 3 eps. Big bummer. :-(

Watching the show last night made me glad that I'm not a judge, because there really wasn't a bad one in the bunch (I was happily surprised there was no elimination.) I think all of these remaining contestants seem to have serious talent. However, I agreed w/ their choice of the winner. That one did stand out to me as the best, too.

happy/sad.