TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 02, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): ARCHIVES: Archive through July 02, 2018 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 02, 2018 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I didn't understand why Molly went to all the trouble to get a red wig and then be so flirtatious and then.... nothing? Not even a kiss? That seems unkind.. at a minimum.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 02, 2018 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm not feeling Molly either.

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
I love how Jephte and Shawniece giggle all the time.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
New show that is great. It’s on after LAFS on Tues at 10 pm.
Love At First Flight, four couples meet in the NYC area and have to perform tasks to get to sleep in a nice hotel, separate rooms first night. Next week they are off to Nashville that they found out about on their way to the airport. Two of the girls are a little difficult but I’m enjoying it after the first show and preview of next week.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Saturday, March 31, 2018 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
Does anyone else think Ryan is an ass?

I don't see what Jaclyn wants as being unreasonable, but the way that Ryan puts it when he talks to others makes it sound like she's nagging and demanding he stay home. Unless they aren't showing those things, I don't see that.

And honestly, he should be getting rid of his apartment. Sublease to someone else. If he wants to be married, be married. I don't think he really wants to be married.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 5:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I know who Ryan is. I have met many of them,. the men who think of themselves as great providers, they take multiple jobs and expect to be the lord and masters of their family because they do all this hard work and of course they deserve play time...... right now my niece is married to one of these guys, he put spyware on her phone and computer sohe could read her texts and listen to her phone calls. put her on a strict budget, 50 dollars a month for food for 3 of them and then complains there are no steaks or beer. But if there is a star wars gizmo, he has to buy it. then he gives presents to a lot of people including me, that we did not ask for and do not want. I don't care how much people love it, I am not comfortable getting a squatty potty from him and don't start me on the plants I don't want or need.
basically, they have an inferiority complex, they think their hard work that no one asked them to do entitles them to rule and make all decisions. this is the personification of inferior white male privilege. Although I am sure it can manifest in other races. I have yet to see a woman act like this.
Yes, Jackie, run.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
He seemed all gun ho at first but now, not so much.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, not a fan of Ryan.

I always worry when the relationships get hot and heavy before they've gotten to know each other. Big flame, burns out fast.

I feel sorry for Jackie. Worse because in front of her he keeps saying he wants it to work; and behind her back says the most awful things.

If they are still together, it must be killing her to watch this now.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I wonder about these folks that sign up for MAFS - I can understand the women not finding partners. It's been my experience that most men are "butterflies".

I can see Jepthe being too reticent to find a partner. I think Ryan is so arrogant that no one has wanted to partner with him & I'm amazed Jackie has put up with him thus far.

I don't understand why Jonathan would have such a problem and that makes me go hmmmn. I wonder if Molly is seeing something we are not but she seems in to him. I believe (if you really want a relationship) that you shouldn't sleep with a man that isn't in love with you, because most men lose interest after sex (next???). Maybe she believes the same. Either way, I think waiting is the best option. Most men will be long gone if required to wait & those are the ones you don't want anyway.

I do think telling him about having a 3some with a random when he's starving for affection was not a good idea though.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
`MOstly they find the men off of dating apps and recruit them. they do get paid , I think 50K to get married, so some do it for the money others (Sean season 2 or 3) do it for the fame.
IN this season, I can guess
1 Jon wanted to become a model
2. Molly wanted it to become famous
3. Jackie because she is miserable and needed to break out of her greif
4. Ryan because the money, he is all about money and dating was not working out for him
5. Shawnice because she was lonely
6. Jephete because student loans and debt.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sadiesmom, well that totally skews the "experiment" - I don't mind that they get paid to be filmed but not to get married. I had very low opinion of this show before, now that I know this, it sank even lower (but not enough to stop watching lol)

It breaks my heart for someone who is sincere gets matched with someone who's just in it for the money. Now that makes sense on why the girl from a previous season made no effort what so ever to even fake an interest and now it makes sense to me why Molly's not so interested in sleeping with her "husband".

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
they get a bonus if they stay married, which might explain why some get divorced after a year.
and the company pays for the divorce if it is within some period of time.
Heather, seemed to not care about the money once she met Derek, she seemed honestly wanting to walk away, but I think she could have been sued if she did but what ever else, she did not have to stay with him like others in the past.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I think Derek's "smoking" issue was a drug that is illegal in some states. Getting caught with this would have ended her career. He said he would quit but in my experience, especially with a middle age male, it just continues on the DL. Which personally I can't deal with a liar.

I was actually thinking of David Norton's wife Ashley - she didn't even fake an interest in David or the process. I'm surprised she got past the "experts". He seemed like a good guy ... til season 2.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Looks like Molly gets called out by one of the pros next week - for lying. John says he has some kind of proof on his phone.

Has she been feigning interest all along?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
have you r4ad the reddit spoiler? should I bring it here, it is a long one. It did not identify the couple but said one person filmed the other and brought it to the staff. Looks like the filmee was Molly.
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
it breaks down to when the cameras left, so did she.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No, didn't read that, but it's a spoiler since it hasn't been broadcast. You can link to it, but not post it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, let me say this, over the years, the posters have wondered what happens if you just hate the other person. Now we don't really know what they are like because of creative editing. why did Sonia move back, why did Ashley stay with David when she apparently hated him. etc.
I think it was more than drugs that got to Heather, she got a get out free card, so she had something on the show or Derek, it could have been pot, but more likely it was something worse. we know many people did not live together despite video stating they were sharing an apartment, (the Two Ryans in season 2, Sean and Davida) One Ryan was abusive and one Ryan was living with someone else while both pretending to live with his "spouse". Still I feel there are some participants that find a good friend if not a lover.
I would love to see a contract. It would be like seeing the American Idol contract when it leaked a while back, heh where they said they could portray the singers anyway they wanted to, lie about them, how much they got paid per show, that was interesting.

here is the reddit spoiler
https://www.reddit.com/r/MarriedAtFirstSight/comments/882y7f/more_info_from_our_contact_with_sources_within/

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
new reddit spoiler, now that the last one has come to the forward, don't go to the link if you don't want to know, it is only and all spoiler.
Link to reddit.com

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
If Jackie and Ryan stay married it won't be for long.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 12:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I know men like Ryan. I have been related to men like Ryan, they work very hard and bring in the money, two jobs is not out of line, but that gives them the idea they get to make all the decisions. And they are very manipulative, they gaslight their wived into believing that every thing is their fault, it is like with men that batter their wives.
if you have ever known a battered wife, you will hear FREQUENTLY - if only I had not done ???? and then he wouldn't have gotten angry and hit me.
I see this as gaslighting and I have seen all kinds of degrees in men (no offense, guys, I have seen it in a few women (sister in law) as well, but mostly in men) from light gaslighting like a child wheedling to serious they will kill their wives some day controlling.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
some news about Jacklyn I will spoiler it.

Spoiler
She has moved back to Arizona, so she and Ryan must be through, I can't imagine him leaving his drinking buddies.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
Where to start.

I really think Molly was the problem in their relationship. And then I started reading some of the spoilers and it seems like that's totally true. She comes off as pretty self-righteous about the whole thing, but honestly, if I was Jonathon and kept getting rejected, I'd have checked out too.

I really hope that Jackie wakes up and leaves Ryan. I do not like him at all and don't see him changing for anyone.

It looks like Shawniece and Jepthe are having a baby based on the previews for next week. I really hope they make it.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I thought Molly was a pompous- spoiled- cold as ice- selfish person and Jonathan should have left sooner but where was he going? He had no job.
I never liked Jackie and Ryan together. She is too needy and needs a full time husband/companion.
I like Shawniece and Jepthe and hope they make it also. He needs a little more maturity. He’s almost there.
I’m liking Love At First Flight but it’s not delving deep enough into the relationships for us to see how the couples really are together.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
shawniece spoiler
Spoiler
Shawniece is pregnant, found out after the finale, not sure it will be shown but it is in People this month.)

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, July 02, 2018 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
New MAFS premieres 7/10 on Lifetime.