TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 26, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Little People; Big World: Archive through June 26, 2018 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I enjoy Zach & Tori. Jer & Aud not so much.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Same here.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Same here too!

Lordy, that part of showing the Jer & Aud torn apart kitchen brought back the nightmare of my torn apart kitchen upstairs & the downstairs with mold abatement several years ago. I spent almost a year (dealing with the Class Action Lawsuit w/San Francisco Court case from defective Phoenix brand pipes, they had to replace EVERY pipe in my house). Washing dishes in the bathtub, only a bathrm sink to use). No picnic!!! Oregon isn't that far south and one can totally LOSE the entire house due to mold.

Good that Jer was finally smart enough to get qualified contractors to take over, instead of trying to Do It Himself. If he had insisted on doing himself, I have no doubt he would have lost his wife & kid in no time. It's hard work washing dishes in the bathtub, believe me from experience!

When the Courts were insisting on another 4 month investigation as to whether my sewer pipes were also Phoenix brand before they would pay - I wrote a letter to the court Pleading for Mercy From the Court". Showing pictures of the Phoenix sewer pipes with five obvious splices in previous splits. Every one of 5 plumbers yelled "that's illegal". I offered to mail the actual pipes to the Court itself.

"They stink a bit, but I had the plumber save every single pipe as evidence and I will pay to ship them to you. November is almost here and I don't know how to tolerate another winter with no insulation. As a handicapped person, I can hardly walk for 3-4 days after bending over washing dishes in the bathtub."

Got a phone call from the court the next day expressing sympathy and saying the check was in the mail.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, June 08, 2018 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Wow that's impressive Bisc! Good for you for being an indomitable fighter.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 08, 2018 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow, Biscotti!!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it was a yearlong nightmare! Fortunate for me that it happened when I was a bit younger because there is no way I could wash dishes in the bathtub these days, or running up & down stairs dealing with plumber/contractors/tear-out guys in Haz Mat suits. Aside from the pipes which the lawsuit paid, none of the $34K in repairs was covered.

Like I said Jer & Aud were smarter to get contractors!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The second time, they were.

I would be investing in paper plates..

But they had bottles to deal with.

And while I don't much enjoy Aug, she was also are place where she was a very new mom, hormonal, and their daughter needed surgery and the plumbing went bad AND they had camera crews.

Anyone would be super stressed!!!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I believe that Jeremy feels that he is entitled to the big house & is trying to push his mother out. He's said things in the past that made me feel like he wants to move his family into the big house & run the farm or that running the farm would be contingent on him living in the big house. It seems like Matt & Jer want her to move out so that one of them can move in the big house.

I don't think either of the boys are that interested in running the farm but it probably sounds more enticing that getting a 9-5 job. The TLC money can't last forever.

I thought Zach had talked with Matt about taking over the stool business a year or so ago but I don't see any indication that that has happened.

Amy went through this once in the divorce settlement, I don't blame her for being pissed about this renegotiation effort. I think that one of them needs to buy out the other or sell it & move on.

I would think the farm wouldn't be as viable as a tourist destination if it was no longer on TV. It didn't become a working farm until after the show started. Of course, having the boys live & work on the farm keeps them in the TLC spotlight as well.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
One would think there would be enough room for another family in that house...it housed 4 growing children at one point. Surely it could be renovated to provide separate living quarters if somebody else wanted to move in. Why should Amy have to go through the trouble of moving somewhere that wouldn't be as accessible for her?

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
I think Amy hit the nail on the head when she said there was something else going on that just wasn't being said.
I think more may have been said off-camera. That house is huge. There is no reason Amy can't stay there and have another part of the house renovated for one of the kids. After all, there are two other children who should be considered in all of this.
I really like how Amy is not relying on a proposal from Chris and a life with him outside of the farm.
There's 40 acres! Each of them could have a house and still have room. Personally, I wish Matt would be the first to move away. His constant manipulation (the conversation about the divorce decree and how the money was split from the farm was a perfect example) is becoming more and more obvious.

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
The Roloff farm is actually 110 acres! More than enough for more than one house and a double-wide. Didn't Matt mention at one time a few seasons ago that he envisioned a sort of family compound where everyone had a home on the farm (all of the kids, since at the time I believe Amy and Matt were still married.

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/how-big-is-roloff-farms-135733

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Jeremy wants that house. I hope Amy holds onto the house and that she should live alone. That property is big enough for all to have their own homes but I do understand all wanting to get their hands on the current jewel of the property.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think I would be inclined to give the house to Zach before Jeremy simply because it is more accessible for a little person. Regardless, it is Amy's house and she should do with it what she wishes and not let anyone else dictate to her.

Lenora74

05-28-2011

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lenora74 a private message Print Post    
Matt should have thought about not wanting to live in the doublewide when they got divorced. It seems to be assumed amy would leave and live with Chris. What about Matt? nothing has been mentioned about karen moving to the farm or him moving to be at her house.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Caryn used Amy's name as the enemy way too much for my taste in talking to Matt in this episode. She is egging him on that he must break away, not wait for Amy, etc.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I also remember when they talked about turning the property into a family compound. With all that acreage you think that Amy and Matt would never see each other if they positioned their homes opposite ends. LOL I thought it was a brilliant concept at the time and I still think it's a terrific idea and I have no clue why they haven't pursued this.

That's an excellent point that the house is set up for a little person so Zack should get it. But unfortunately Jeremy seems to be the Golden Child of the family... well that's my opinion anyway.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Zack is closer to his mom and Her seems more so with his dad.

Jacob seems to hang more with Amy.

Audrey and Jeremy are more controversial online due to some things they have posted, but within the family, not sure.

I have read that Jacob and Audrey don't getvalong, but certainly that isn't verified.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Monday, June 18, 2018 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
110 acres! Well, good grief, they could definitely figure out a plan for everyone to stay IF that's what they really want.
I sound like a broken record...I don't like Caryn. She keeps giving this vibe and I keep thinking she is nothing like what she appears on camera. The more the conversations are being aired, the more it seems like they are sharing only what they feel they have to and everything else is being handled privately.
I think Matt is just looking for what will benefit him most and that's it. I think Amy would just like to have a little change as possible and stay on the farm that's she's so accustomed to being a part of.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Oh my Caryn is something else..”if we sell the farm” . We ?

I want Amy to concentrate on negative feelings toward Matt and Caryn she=is in a win, win situation with that house and Chris.
Why can’t the property be sold minus some land + Amy’s house ? I do feel like she is being made to feel like she needs to make a decision. She could erect a fence ( I know pricey ) around her portion and restrict her entrance to her private driveway.

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
About 2 days ago Radar Online was reporting that Matt actually bought the house in Arizona months before Xmas. He bought it alone (not co-owned with Karen. Now for the big surprise.....he bought it from Karen's parents, so the whole waiting for the call about the sale coming through for the Xmas show was totally staged.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
A touch shady..

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, June 25, 2018 - 4:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Well Caryn getting the phone call now makes sense.
It came across as if she had been in touch with a realtor or bank/mortgage company.
Little Miss Caryn may be seeing $$$. It would be unfortunate if Amy had to deal with Caryn as Matt's legal spouse regarding the farm.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, June 25, 2018 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Well I spent a few moments googling the Roloff, I remember discussing it when Jacob first left the show, an interesting comment from him with a picture of production filming, behind the scenes as it were... but, how often they’ve commented production wants to focus on the negative.

I wonder if it’s more finding drama then focusing on negative?

I can’t get a feeling for Chris, but that’s a storyline, I can’t imagine always being thought of marrying and “down the line”. I wish they’d stop bringing up Amy selling her house, when it was built specifically for their challenges. I love that kitchen, I love seeing the family gatherings around the dining table (instagram)

Matt annoys me, he signed the divorce papers, but it sure seems like regret, he really should’ve built his own home and not made the DW a permanent place

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 25, 2018 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Amy's Instagram is an upper.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
What's this "we" stuff with Caryn? If "we" sell the farm? Ummm, last time I checked she wasn't married to Matt. Grrrr...I can't stand her.