TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Masterchef Season 9

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Masterchef Season 9 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
New season. I am not thrilled that this season each judge chooses and mentors specific cooks.

I hate the judges as competitors.

Christina is gone.

Gordon, Joe,and ... Aaron Sanchez

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If a cook gets more than one offer, they choose the mentor.

Who actually will judge? Not sure yet.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/For-the-First-Time-Ever-The-Judges-Battle-It-Out-on-Season-Nine-of-MASTERCHEF-Premiering-Today-20180529

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 12:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Another episode tomorrow night..

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Havent watched past seasons but since my son has gotten into Master Chef Junior, he wanted to see the adults too - just watched the episode in advance to see what it was like but I don't have anything to compare it to. It will be interesting to see how this plays out though.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I wondered who would judge also, since the judges are competing?

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
I am very excited about this season. I love that the judges have something more to do to help the contestants. I'm hoping that when it comes time to rate the dishes that the judge whose team your on is excused from voting. The other 2 let are quite capable of making a decision on the dish.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
does he want to cook, LB?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Rosie, yes for the last 4 years

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
aw what a good guy! I love watching the younger kids cook and am constantly amazed at their talents.

give him a hug for me please.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In the past they all mentored and often prevented meltdowns. I just don't like the idea of a judge or mentor "winning". I don't like it much in the Voice, really hated it for So You Think You Can Dance (and had repressed that part so was dismayed to hear mention of the mentors choosing teams again.. But at least they are separate from the judges!).

However, so far Masterchef still has me as a happy viewer. Just already not liking the competitive smack talk when a cook gets to choose between the judges.

And so far, Gordon is chosen more When there is a choice.. Will that cause Joe and Aaron to want that cook gone?

I guess we will see.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LB, while they aren't as sweet on adult Masterchef as they are in the junior edition, Masterchef is still an overall positive show. I am sure your son will enjoy it.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
At first I thought they could do blind tastings, but then DUH -- if they're mentoring, they'll know what their cooks are making. LOL It will be interesting to see what happens. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 12:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I saw a preview where Joe seemed to be voting against one of his mentees.. So they do seem to be judging.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So they finished picking, had a competition that one of Gordon's mentees won (from three, best on each team), then the bottom three, last on each team, competed, and two were sent home.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The two sent home, Sid and Sal,were from Gordon's team and Joe's team.

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/masterchef-recap-the-top-24-begin-competing-but-who-went-home/

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: