TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 08, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With the Stars - Season 26: Archive through May 08, 2018 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yes, she mentioned being banned several times. I wasn't impressed by her demeanor.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
With Tonya, it's always someone else's fault. And, I'm not talking just about the skating here because there was so many more issues with her than just the skating.

I thought she was getting a very favorable edit from DWTS.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Adam looked really good, but he did have some missteps in the dance. He just covered them well, probably from figure skating where you have to go on no matter what happens. His joy and openness at being there is just so refreshing.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I felt sorry for Jennie - she didn't have a chance. She was a relative unknown since it's been several years sincere her Olympic career (well, I presume it has since she's now a mom with 3 kids, although I guess she could have had them and still played softball) and she was paired with Keo, who is the kiss of death. DWTS needs to get rid of him - his constant hamming for the camera gets way old.

I thought Johnny danced better than Kareem, but this was obviously a popularity contestant. I hope they don't keep this up - it is really unfair for the contestants to work that hard and not get a chance.

I was wondering why Val was there but then it occurred to me that he was there to support Jeana! Tom rocked that orange-y red jacket though.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I'm sorta ehh on this (and a lot of other people are too- the ratings last night weren't great, but OKish at best)- They should have just gone with 8 couples or something instead of a quick double elimination like that (and they probably get rid of two more next week and the week after); maybe they should have just let the show rest this spring and come back with a vengeance in the fall...

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the answers about Tonya. She was certainly an unusual figure skater and it seems that she is still controversial. I don't expect her to keep apologizing for something that happened many years ago (especially if she has already expressed regret), however, it is different if she is going to use other aspects relating to that incident to try and gain sympathy. I guess I'll see for myself as well when I watch.

This is a very rushed season. I'm inclined to agree that maybe they would have been better to focus on American Idol and then come back strong and prepared with a full DWTS season. The way they are handling both shows is a bit frustrating at this point.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Hi Jimmer. After you get a chance to watch it I'd be curious to hear your opinion about it. :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'll be happy to offer it as always.

I'm looking forward to seeing the show. As I mentioned, it seems they always have at least one controversial contestant.

What I enjoy the most about the show though is the surprises. The contestants who behave differently than expected, other ones who grow with the experience and how their skills evolve over the season. Unfortunately, a shortened season like this makes it less likely we'll see as much of this type of growth.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree. I don't mind having a season with athletes on it - but this bum's rush that they are giving both DWTS and AI - not a fan. You can't fall in "like" with a contestant if you don't see them grow.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mame, she and Nancy had an awkward on screen apology session.

Such a contrast. Not in family money but in family support and in image.

Nancy was taller, fitted looking, had better equipment and coaching and was dressed for skating by Vera Wang.

When Nancy stopped competing, she chose not to skate in Worlds (Tara Lipinsky also did this) and that meant the U.S. sent a less experienced team and figure skating judging does favor experience) and thus we could send only two women to the Olympics, After IS figure skating had put her on the Olympic team when she couldn't text compete, she turned her back.

She was also super catty about Oksana Baiul who won. Her "I smell shit" expression said it all, but she was caught on live mic.

And when she was on DWTS, her leg was brought uo, you can be sure.

As for the hurt Tonya feels from her childhood, lots of us still feel things from childhood and hopefully aren't told to get over it. Being banned for life from the only thing you loved would be hard. Many skaters go on to be coaches.

But I think the judges scored Tonya in a way that kept her in last night. Kareem is likely to outlast her, though he probably shouldn't.

She won't have the fans and seems to be less in shape than others.

I totally agree that a rushed season it not ideal!!

A rushed TAR, even worse!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sea you know I luvs you, :-) but nowhere did I indicate that I felt Tonya 'should get over it', with regards to her dysfunctional childhood. As a matter of fact, since I have PTSD from my own emotionally dysfunctional relationship with my mother, that is why I stated that I had compassion for her about that.

But she was banned for life not because of her looks or because she came from the wrong side of the tracks, or because she wasn't as affluent. She was banned for life because a crime was committed. And frankly I don't care if Nancy was a snooty Diva, nobody deserves to have their bones deliberately broken due to competitive jealousy.

Honestly I didn't warm up to Nancy all that much when she was on DWTS. But my heart hurts for what she went through. I am glad to hear that the two of them somewhat sorted it out. I wasn't aware of it so I thank you for letting me know.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
even today Tonya get treated differently than Nancy. Nancy was on a regular season and Tonya is on this rushed condensed season! lol

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Just because I believe in facts....Kerrigan did not have her leg broken, it was just badly bruised (please know I'm not lessening what was done to her). Luckily, her recovery time was quick.

She also was able to get millions of dollars in endorsements before she even went back on the ice, because America (and rightly so) felt so much empathy for her.

So what happened to her was horrendous and I wish it never had happened, know that she was able to come back quickly and continue to pursue her dream.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Hi Pamydoll! Thanks Kel dahlink, I was under the mistaken impression she had a broken leg from the attack. I especially like your third paragraph. Thanks for sorting that out for me.
It was so long ago and my memory is pretty damn fuzzy on the best of days.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
It was a long time ago, and of course, like any tabloid story, the retelling always makes the facts muddled :-)

I was heavy into the figure skating world at the time, so of course, there was a lot of talk and gossip and distortion of facts. So why would it be any different outside of the skating community?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Well I think it's exciting that you got to meet and talk to her trainer.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
A crime was committed, yes.. by someone solicited by Tonya's ex husband, not by Tonya, though she was But that doesn't change her childhood or history of hurt and you know, in light of the movie, that this show is asking her about that. And I guess it wasn't literally get over it, but just not talk about it?

Nancy was certainly injured, in all senses of the word, physically, mentally and at the worst possible time and was shown rehabbing like crazy and was put on the Olympic team without competing. She was tested to make sure she would be able to compete.

I suspect the biggest pain of Nancy's life has been when her brother attacked their father and then her father died of a heart attack and her brother was charged, but acquitted, of manslaughter. She And her mom stood by her brother, but what a terrible thing.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 4:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Wow, Nancy's really had more than her fair share of heartache. Yes, terrible! :-(

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Kareem and Arike were eliminated tonight. Tom mentioned a few times tonight -- the season is half over.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nancy does have good aspects to her life and she and her husband say there is so much more to her than her leg being bashed. She has medals, endorsements, and children.

Anyway, back to this season.

It has been a blur!

I think they should back off on a bunch of pros in individual dances.

And same goes for guest judges.

I wonder how they set up the team's so that Adam and Mirai were on the same team.

There are some good performances, especially for week two.. Halfway through.

Three go home next week.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
This rushed season is not working. I'd like to see these same stars / athletes in a full season.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ya not to be a downer but it’s not nearly as much fun because it’s so rushed. Much less opportunity to get to know the contestants and experience their journey and growth.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Grandpa Dave Ross of the Cubs is going to be guest judge next week.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Three are going home next week. I'm still loving Adam's attitude. I think, whether he wins or loses, he will gain a lot from his time on DWTS.

Loved Adam's response to the guest judge (a prior winner whose name escapes me right now). The guest judge made a comment about Adam's suit. Adam's immediate reply was that he took it from his dressing room. Just a very quick wit...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am going to Stars on Ice on Saturday!! Mirai and Adam, among the cast!