TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 22, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Inkmasters: Archive through February 22, 2018 users admin

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I told my son the same thing. I don't like it when new teams come in...other teams are there fighting it out week after week, and then someone can just waltz in later and just join in? I didn't like it when they did that before. I think the team that left deserved to leave, but I felt sorry for the bigger guy. The new school guy was so intent on showing what he does, he didn't care that he had to draw the snake. Follow the rules!!!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I hear you on the teams coming . I didn't care for it when they did it bringing in the vets one at a time.

It will be interesting to see how they do it but if they come in half way thru it doesn't seem particularly fair to do less challenges. I still think the immune teams should have done the challenge.

I felt bad for the big guy too, he was gutted. The other guy was his boss so maybe he didn't feel he good voice his opinion too loudly.

I think the husband and wife team will do well, they seemed to balance each other out

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
you would think that if a shop sent 2 people , they would kind of have a leader and a follower and not butt heads so much.
that all black volcano tattoo was really bad and it would be hard to cover up.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I felt so bad for that guy Sadie, that is always going to look horrible.

That Tri City Shop, I would have wanted to smack that guy. He was so condescending telling her to put down her machine while he spoke. And to practice lines the last tattoo while he drew. Too much. I wonder what their positions are in that shop.

And I'm eating my words about the husband and wife.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, we all knew it would not be Clean's team to go home, he is the slated winner this year, I think. Something would have to go really bad like he would have had to kill someone to go home.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
He did get robbed in his original season. No way that other guy was a better tattoo artist. Cleen just didn't do the right kind of tattoo to satisfy the judges' criteria.

IMO the final tattoo should be your best tattoo - not a style determined by the judges but the style that the artist and client decide -- if I'm going to wear an entire back piece for the rest of my life I want it to be the best of the best, not some random style picked by the judges.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well it is fine and dandy if you want a tattoo of what you want, you can go to a tattoo shop and get it, but this is a show of competition with rules,. if you disregard the rules because the client is happy, why have them to start? Why not have other artists walk in and finish what someone else started, they might be better at it and they might make the client happier.
Yes, the rules are arbitrary, but there would not be a competition without some restrictions.
I can't remember, but I think Clean lost because he did not do a stained glass tattoo, and that was the requirement, instead he did a nice horse. that could be someone else, I am not known for my flawless memory. heh.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
If I remember correctly (and my memory is a slippery slope...LOL!) he was supposed to do a new age (?) tattoo and he did something more traditional. I think all the judges said that they liked his tattoo better but that he didn't follow the rules of the competition so he lost to the redheaded guy (Jason?).

Oh I know - there have to be rules in a competition, but honestly sometimes I think the person who gets the tattoo is the one who pays the price if an artist fails...they have to live with a tattoo that is inferior work for the rest of their lives. Of course the skin knows what they are getting - a free tattoo that might turn out to be an awesome piece done by a stellar artist or something sucky...and an opportunity to lose their minds on the artist on Inkmaster Redemption in the future...LOL!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, August 25, 2017 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I was really horrified about one person getting 4 tattoos, I hope they paid them plenty for all that pain. Free tattoos are not worth it.
I really wonder about people who go on this show, they must really want ink but can't afford it, I know my niece had a piece done on her arm and it took years for her to find extra money to pay for it. She said she wanted it by one guy who was very expensive and she is happy about it, i just wish she would wear more long sleeves, it skeeves me out. It is from nightmare before Christmas. She has other ones that are in different styles and different subjects halloween animals, etc. She had a tattooed ring, but she broke up with that guy and had to have it removed, expensive and painful even thought it was quite small. I warned her to not have it put on her upper arms of she would be very unhappy when she is 60 and the arms are flapping around or on her butt or breasts, ha ha.
I wonder why few people get the bad tattoo fixed.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
A bloated finale as per. In the last minute the big announcement and then poof over. I'm quite disappointed I. The winner as I really don't think it was a team effort and I frankly thought the dragon just looked like an unreadable blob. I would have preferred Black Cobra. I do want to know what Katie did to lose all that weight. Looks like she out Dave on a diet as well.

So spoiler, DJ and Bubba won.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
season 10 back tonight.
it seems like it never went away

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I saw a preview for it the other night...they will be split into three teams with an ex-winner being the head of the team...they are DJ Tambe, Anthony Michaels, and Steve Teff. They start out with 24 contestants and will be down to (I think) 18 by the end of the first round of tattoos, where the masters will pick their teams (I was half asleep but I think that's how it will work).

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Looks like there is some talent, but there is also some chaffe.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I felt bad for the contestants not picked.

After watching last night I truly hope Steve's team goes far.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
My recording cut off right after the one woman was saying the pressure was too much. I wondered as there are 6 of them if maybe they will be doing something behind the scenes with them.

I'm not a fan of Steve but felt kind of bad for him that no one wanted to be on his team. I do like DJ the best of the 3 captains.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't know...they've done an early elimination before on Inkmasters and they didn't bring those artists back...they keep this show pretty raw and brutal.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think we haveto say ado to this show, Paramount bought the channel, Spike is no more, and they tend to have movies and comedy repeats, no more tattooing shows. seems like they show this show once inthe evening and don't repeat it. I am recording it in case I miss it later.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think it has been a pretty good season, although of course like all Inkmasters there is too much emphasis on the drama and not enough on the tattoos.

I hate the pixel tattoos that they did last week. I kind of agree with the guy who called them checkboards...LOL!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
yes, the pixel ones were the worst, I wasn't particularly fond of the living dead, but then I am not big on grossness. I like realism and American standard and even water color. but not pixels.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I did like that one man who wanted the living dead tattoo but had small children so got a more cartoonish version.

It definitely was Lil'D's time to go. He has struggled throughout the competition. I thought they were keeping him more for what he represented than for the quality of his tattoos.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Agreed on Lil D.
And the manufactured drama with the champs is annoying. But it is still one of my fav comp shows. Tattoo artists are so talented. I always pick one that I would want to do a tattoo for me. I think it would be Fame this year.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
PS I hope Paramount keeps it. And it does repeat on another day Sadiesmom as well as usually right before the new ep.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh, I forgot to say how annoyed I am that once again Anthony got away with doing a tattoo that didn't meet the challenge. He won his season with an unfinished tattoo and this week he won the challenge with a tattoo that did not cover the underside of the chin. So irritating!

Okay, rant over. For the most part I think the masters really don't create that much drama among themselves. I was surprised that a few times they have put their own artist up for elimination if they felt it was necessary (Katie for instance, and Daniel this week). The tattoo artists vying for the title are, however, their usual mouthy selves. That one guy on DJ's team is particularly bad, and I can't believe he admitted to doing safe tattoos.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
This show used to be repeated, but it is not since the paramont change, so I looked into the future and in 2 weeks a show will be repeated at 2 am. I wonder if people complained?
Paramount seems to have programming of old movies and repeats of Friends and 2 1/2 men and cops. It is like they are not ready for prime time yet.

This is pretty funny
Spike TV's Twitter Account Is Going Absolutely Bonkers Right Before the Channel Is Replaced by Paramount Network
When you’re an edgy TV network that’s about to go into the void forever, the little decorum you held onto for the past 18 years apparently goes right out the window—especially on social media.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I didn't like the head to head face-off between the two artists this past week...plus I wish Josh had gone home.

Of course anybody can do math and realize that they are keeping the teams more or less equal. I suspect when they come down to the finale it will be amazing that each "master" has the same amount.