TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 13, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With the Stars - Season 26: Archive through April 13, 2018 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We're getting some discussion about this now so I thought I'd create a thread and move the posts over. :-)

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
We have a start date for the shortened spring edition- April 30th (due to American Idol taking the Monday slot for several weeks before)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
uuuggghhhh.... How short is our spring season for DWTS? This makes me angry that DWTS will suffer because TPTB at Idol just can't go away.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
http://people.com/tv/dwts-live-tour-car-crash/

Only minor injuries. It sure was a huge pile-up.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Is this the special edition that is athletes only?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
There are usually contestants traveling with the troop. This season's winner Jordan is performing with them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 10, 2018 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Roxip, next season is athletes only, I hear.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Carie Ann says this new season will only be 4 weeks and it's all athletes. I don't like sports so I doubt I'll be interested.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They’re really killing this show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Bummer!

I don't mind the athletes. Some have been great, others not at all.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Four weeks just isn't long enough for a dance show like this. Not enough time to develop the skills. Think of contestants in past seasons. At the end of four weeks they are getting better but they certainly aren't at the level they are at by the end of the season.

Oh well. I'll watch anyway and hopefully they will return to the regular format in the fall when they won't have American Idol taking time slots.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Jimmer - four weeks isn't long enough for them to develop the skills they need to win this competition.

I'm so pissed off at American Idol. Why would anyone think it was a good idea to bring back a show that couldn't break the Top 30 in its last few years?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, that was the main bummer: 4 weeks.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
The cast announcement will be on Friday the 13th:

http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2018/04/02/the-10-incredible-athletes-vying-to-win-the-mirrorball-on-abcs-dancing-with-the-stars-athletes-will-be-revealed-live-friday-april-13-exclusively-on-good-morning-america-401515/20180402abc01/

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
My guess is that Adam Rippon will be one of the athletes. Just a guess with no basis in fact.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oooooooh, Adam Ripon! LOVE him!!!

I'm also going to guess Chloe Kim. She's adorable.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Just not into sports figures. Have no idea who Chloe Kim is and the only reason I know Adam Rippon is because he dissed a Republican,which our media made sure to report. Wish there were all types of celebrities.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
3 rumored names..

Adam Rippon (good call)

Jamie Anderson (Olympic snowboarder)

and....Tonya Harding.....

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/tonya-harding-joins-dancing-with-the-stars-athletes/

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
They announced Tonya in our local paper, the Oregonian.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Oh no. Of the three announced, I am happy to see Jamie. I figured Adam would be chosen. He's a showman if nothing else. Tonya? Well the movie is still around so I guess she's relevant. Now to wait until next week to see if these thre names are true and to see who will join them.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I think Gronk might be there too.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Oh Scooterrific, that would make me VERY happy. I would have to watch if that happens.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
Here's the list of stars & dancing partners I found on my Fox news link shown below. No Gronk, but Tonya is there! Also no Max, Val or Peta. I've see adds on TV that they are touring.

Tonya Harding with Sasha Farber
Adam Rippon with Jenna Johnson
Mirai Nagasu with Alan Bersten
Jamie Anderson with Artem Chigvintsev
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar with Lindsay Arnold
Arike Ogunbowale with Gleb Savchenko
Chris Mazdzer with Witney Carson
Jennie Finch Daigle with Keo Motsepe
Johnny Damon with Emma Slater
Josh Norman with Sharna Burgess

Dancing Stars

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
When does it start? Isn't Kareem Abdul-Jabbar like a hundred years old LOL I wonder how he's going to do. And Tonya is no spring chicken either.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I really have no clue who most of the celebrity athletes are (with the exception of Kareem, Tonya and Johnny Damon), and that really isn't the A list of dancers either, is it?

Glad to see some of the "other dancers" get a chance at the mirror ball trophy.