TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 02, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): ARCHIVES: Archive through March 02, 2018 users admin

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I was with my ex for 3 years before I fell in love, I didn't know what love was & didn't know that something was missing. I doubt if Nick has ever been in love romantically. I bet he's never even tried to pursue someone & probably is empathetically oblivious to other people trying to pursue him.

He has the capacity, you can see it with his interactions with the dogs. He just needs to learn to treat her like a dog.

I think with LOTS of time, he will make a good husband, not sensitive to her needs but more affectionate.

I am shocked that she's stuck in it - I don't know if I could get past his outburst, I think that would be in the back of my head forever.

At least she won't ever have to worry about him cheating.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 2:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Married at First Sight's David Norton and Vanessa Nelson Get a Second Chance at Love on Spin-Off Series

The fan favorites – who both married strangers in season 3 of FYI’s hit reality show – will be starring in the new spin-off series Married at First Sight: Second Chances.

Currently being filmed in Atlanta, the show will follow the two singles as they date multiple suitors with the guidance of MAFS‘s experts,

===
I had to look up to refresh my memory on these 2.
David was the fellow that married Ashley, the nursing student that barely had anything to do with him but stuck it out til the end. Vanessa is the beautiful black woman that married Tres, the beautiful black man, they decided to stay married at the 6 wk point but they eventually divorced.

http://people.com/tv/married-at-first-sights-david-and-vanessa-get-second-chance-at-love/

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I liked both of them, should be interesting.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Sonia Granados‏Verified account
@sonia_mafs
Don't be discouraged. This is still a love story.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7iPDxEXUAAPazV.jpg

sorry, I can't load this out here. basically SOnia and Nick are divorcing.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching the new season?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, April 28, 2017 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Can't remember is it on TLC?

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Friday, April 28, 2017 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
It's on Lifetime now. The 3 couples immediately hit it off with each other. That's a first, right?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, April 28, 2017 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
That seems to help when they are all attracted to one another. I like all the couples so far but I'd have a problem with my husband's brother living with us. Why can't he live with the mother?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    

I remembered that when i turned on this show and they opened with we have had 50% success. Iremember the first year, but after that? big goose egg.

sorry just looking for link

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I posted something about the couple on the last series someone else posted about on a different board - but it was not true,
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
there have been 3 couples in the entire series to stay together. 2 from the first year, 1 from last year.

Which ‘Married At First Sight’ Couples Are Still Together In 2017?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Watched the second n third episodes of MAFS and I also feel that the brother living with the one couple would be a little more than upsetting. His mother is very vocal about being against the marriage and I think he's a little too smooth for me.
The gym owner and dietitian seem like they have a fair shot at making it and I think the other couple do also. We shall see. As usual, the previews of the next episodes show trouble for all of them.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Ah, this kind of makes me sad. I thought maybe they would make it work...Tom and Lillian are getting a divorce...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/married-first-sights-tom-wilson-223230709.html

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
that is what I heard and then they (rtom and Lily) started posting about celebrating their anniversary, so I changed it.
I am thinking there must be more money for reaching different benchmarks - maybe that is why they celebrated their anniversary.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching the MAFS - 2nd chance?

Robinm

01-31-2006

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Robinm a private message Print Post    
Yes, Kona, I am watching it. Moms met each contestant this episode.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
If he doesn't listen to his momma and pick Tara, he deserves to be unhappy again.
I like Myle, worried she'll choose Shannon for her 2nd live-in trial instead.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
He does deserve to be unhappy. Something really wrong with David.

And Vanessa made the wrong choice, IMO.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
surprise - Cody announced they were getting a divorce. what a shock. pfft
and doug and Jamie had a baby Henley Grace

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, January 01, 2018 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Married at First Sight
Season 6 Premieres Tuesday at 9/8c 1/2/2018 on Lifetime Network
The next installment of “Married at First Sight" will feature Boston-area couples.

as of Nov 10, 2017 - the short list, who is still together after 5 seasons (all others divorced with & without restraining orders) -

Doug Hehner & Jamie Otis - Current Status: Married and Proud Parents to One Child

Jason Carrion & Cortney Hendrix - Current Status: Married

Ashley Petta & Anthony D'Amico - Current Status: Together

http://www.eonline.com/news/875144/married-at-first-sight-s-cody-knapek-and-danielle-degroot-divorcing

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chicagoinc/ct-ent-married-at-first-sight-chicago-reunion-20171110-story.html

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, January 01, 2018 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
together? are they divorced and living together? why not married? sounds odd.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 1:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, struck me as odd too but since they were MAFS & no comment otherwise, I assume it wasn't meant as anything untoward.

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching? Looks like trouble for John and Molly or Holly? Guess she just does not feel for him except as a friend status. John is frustrated.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I’m watching Knightpatti. I luv Jepthe and Shawniece. He was sooo shy in the beginning but she brought him out of his shell. It could be that he didn’t want to send the wrong message to his students and being a little shy.
Jaclyn and Ryan are ok but he has like 2 jobs and not enough time for her and she’s still mourning her late boyfriend.
Jonathan and Molly may surprise us all. I personally don’t like her and he really is having a hard time even getting close to her yet alone consummating their marriage. None of these marriages ever work out except one I think.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
You know, I can't bare to watch this show, but I follow it on message boards - that is very weird, I know. I think itis that they show the same clips over and over again, maybe I should DVR it and fast forward.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, March 02, 2018 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
It made no sense why Molly is holding out - I too thought maybe she was a prude but the "let's grab a random guy for a 3 some" blew that theory out of the water.

Why sign up for "marry a stranger" if you're not going to give it your best shot. I was so frustrated at Jephte for giving Shawniece the cold shoulder, but I think he was just skeered. I think the lap dance at the wedding was just way too much for him. I wish Shawniece would tell Molly how abjectly miserable & humiliated she felt by her husband's total rejection.

I wish Molly would at least kiss him - flat out tell him it's not going further but at least give in to a full out kissing session.

Maybe him being unemployed is holding her back??? All I know is she's not trying at all.