TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 13, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Marriage Boot Camp; Reality Stars: Archive through December 13, 2015 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Methodism today is much the same. It's still against the Rules of Discipline to drink (we don't serve wine at communion even!), but most members (even pastors) pretty much ignore it, except when they are around other members of the church.

And we have everything from the Bible-believing hardliners to transformative congregations which welcome gays and gay marriage (although if you are a minister and perform one, you'll be dethrocked).

It's a church in transition.

But all that is neither here nor there. The point is that the Catholic Church was not only the first Christian church, it was for a long time the predominant Christian church. It wasn't until the reformation (in the 1600s) that all these other Christian churches came about and that now say Catholics aren't Christians.

It's pretty darn silly, if you know the history.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I grew up next door to a Catholic family. There were 5 kids (4 in my family) and the older two girls were my age and went to school with me. I was always jealous of them, because they got to get out of school for all the Catholic holidays, they got to wear those beautiful white "bride" dresses for First Communion and they had godparents who were always having parties for them. I soooooo wanted to be a Catholic!

I read a lot of historical fiction. The religious wars were a big thing all through history (still are actually). They used to boil people in oil or burn them at the stake in England during the reign Queen Mary I (Henry VIII's daughter) for being a protestant. And in the Outlander books I'm reading now, the Catholic and Protestant Scots viewed each other with extreme suspicion.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 14, 2015 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tonight's show was crazy. I've taken a lie detector test when cash was missing from my work and I passed with flying colors. You would think I would be happy, but I found out everyone who refused to take it suffered no consequences. Oh well, at least my bosses knew, and I feel I was eventually rewarded.

I know Aubrey denies she cheated, but I have felt all along that isn't trustworthy whatsoever.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Aubrey = thou protests too much = guilty, imo
She even walked off the Watch with me show that they do after the show. Tami started questioning her and she walked off.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yes, but honestly her boyfriend is a nut! I suspect she was a flirt and a tease when he started dating her and then he gets mad because she stays exactly who she always has been. I think his issues are far deeper rooted than his relationship with her.

And that Tami - she pulled a classic bait and switch. First she tells him that it is no big deal because they've been off and on, and then once he tells her something she gets all mad at him. She is a beating!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think both Aubrey and Travis have some serious issues, and anger management issues as well. Scary couple.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think they are both grossly over acting, only challenged in that by The playboy family. wait wait wait explode, make up, suddenly explode. I can never take Aubrey ceriously, and let me tell you up close and personal, she has that shoveled on make up look.
of most reality programs, this is one of the most unreal to me. Do we know if they were really dating before this show? I know aubrey would not miss a chance to be before the camera, like her appearance as a wonderful power house helping Nia on Dance Moms, ha ha .

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Although I like Kendra and Hank (yes, I know, it's one of those dirty little television secrets but I can't help liking them and rooting for them), I have suspected for a long time that this whole thing was a ratings ploy, and this show has done nothing to abate my suspicions. The only thing that keeps me from totally thinking it is a put-on is that I HOPE that Hank has too much personal integrity to allow himself to be embarrassed by something like this ... I cling to that tiny bit of hope!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, the court case is real, isn't it? I'm not sure they would take it that far for a ratings ploy.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I truly hope it isn't just a ratings ploy. Has a lawsuit been filed? As I said, I love Kendra and Hank (and they have the most beautiful children ever!). I just have thought the whole thing sounded a bit off from the start, and especially after watching this show. And now Kendra is supposedly going to make it look like she cheated (I don't think she would)?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Roxip, not sure. I did read somewhere that he has gone to the FBI with complaints of extortion. And the person he was with has been named... Ava something.

She's been made a target by rabid fans, so I'm not thinking she's a willing participant in some fake story.

However, I will say, that Kendra and Hank do come across as if they are acting sometimes. Especially Kendra and her over the top outrage which doesn't really seem like deep seated outrage - more like bad acting.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I also like Kendra and Hank, although I can see his point. He can't talk to her without her exploding on him. I would avoid that anger, too. She needs to learn to listen to him and talk like an adult, rather than losing her temper so easily. That's probably the way she grew up. I hope they stay with the counseling.

I thought it was a little weird at the end of the show how they gave an update on all the couples and how they were doing after the show--except for Kendra and Hank. What's up with that? Maybe they're just hoping we'll watch their show and find out? I just thought it was kind of odd.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I fell asleep and missed the end, did they say that Aubrey posted a bathing suit picture of herself where she realllllly had to shave since so little was covered - to announce her break up with Travis?

Kendra and hank - sorry don't buy it as anything else than drama for publicity - of there may have been an incident, but dragging it out on TV is not how you solve problems. Especially when combined with ads for your new TV show, so Kendra is just a bad actress to me.

to the others, I am sure it was just another reality show to make a living and they will continue on, it was interesting to see their interaction, but won't really affect their lives. Next appearing on celebrity bullseye. j/k sort of.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yes, that's pretty much how I took what they said about Aubrey. I think they said something like "Aubrey announced her new status as single with a very revealing swimsuit photo."

Mike apparently in in a real "situation" with the possibility of facing serious jail time.

Tami and Reggie announced they were pregnant but lost the baby shortly afterward, but are continuing as a couple.

Jeff and Jordan are planning on getting married in 2016. They are living in LA. They are the cutest couple...I would have never thought they would have made it this far after their original season of Big Brother.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
this was a far less interesting season than last season with Evel Dick and his reveal. That was much more honest and raw. This season's big moments were supposed to be with Kendra and Hank and it just seems uncomfortable. The parts of this show that I enjoy the most are the casual times with people just hanging out and mingling. Nice to see what some of their real personalities are like. The only reason to watch this show is to get a glimpse of a celebrity you already like (last seasin Evel and this season Jeff and Jordan).

I don't think any of us thought Aubrey and her boy would stay together. What drama queens, the both of them.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
They just drug the whole Kendra/Hank thing out so long, and their emotions came off as not being real, as if they were acting.

It was a pretty boring season, and didn't seem very honest, except for Jeff and Jordan and they were too drama-free to be interesting. :-)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
and Kendra will be whining on another show - worst cooks in America. -one more thing to not watch.
I just think reality TV is her business.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think she knows that her time to make significant money off her looks and the drama surrounding her life is short and she's going to make it as lucrative as possible. The thing I do like about Kendra is that she doesn't seem to try and hide what she is - she is pretty much WYSIWYG. And if people keep paying her to be that then she's going to keep doing it...can't say I blame her.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I do appreciate the fact that Hank and Kendra are sticking it out with their marriage. A lot of people would have called it quits and never looked back. They seem to have a real commitment to each other and their kids. Kendra still has a lot of growing up to do, but have you seen her mother? Ay yi yi! I really admired her last season on her show for reconnecting with her dad, despite her mother's hateful reaction to it. Patty (Kendra's mother) is a very selfish woman. She went on social media and berated her own daughter for "betraying" her by getting in touch with her dad. Pathetic.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh I agree. I couldn't believe her mother did that to her in such a public fashion.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Roxip, and the sad thing is, it wasn't the first time. She's a truly horrible person (Patty).

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Here's info on the new season starting on 12/4...

http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2015/11/05/mama-june-and-sugar-bear-join-we-tvs-hit-series-marriage-boot-camp-reality-stars-195104/20151105we01/

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I have to turn on the CC whenever Mama June and Sugar Bear open their mouths. Cannot understand a single word. Are these people speaking English???

Reader234

08-13-2000

Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
roflol Babyjaxmom! I have southern relatives, and they say they can't understand ME - that I talk too fast! They would love to have captioning, instead they just ask me to slow down, it takes awhile, but we manage! ;-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I have southern relatives too (both my parents were from Arkansas), but these two mash their words together. My cousins used to try to imitate my California accent, "Hi, you guys!" (Rather than, "Hi, y'all!)