TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 26, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway All Stars Season 6: Archive through January 26, 2018 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, January 19, 2018 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Why are so many of the "designs" so freaking ugly or tacky?

The bizarre eyebrow guy was lucky, his dress was just as tacky as one that went home.

They really need to only show Alyssa's head. Her short hair is cute and she has a nice smile on the few occasions she smiles. From the neck down, her dressing & styling are a hot mess. I'm also considering that she should be put on mute. Ridiculous host. Ann from Marie-Claire is also a terrible dresser, she looks so boxy every time we see her. Is she trying to literally look like the magazine?

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Friday, January 19, 2018 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I find that the crazier something looks, the more the judges rave over it! I dont get it!

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Friday, January 19, 2018 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
Whoever styles Alyssa's clothes should be gone. That burgundy dress she wore at the restaurant was awful. Designers have been sent home for things like that.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, January 19, 2018 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Designers have not made the show for things like that!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 4:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Im still trying to figure out how Marlene won the first episode and didn't go home instead.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Can anyone explain the last decision? That cut-out dress and the pants on the low team that was not eliminated looked HORRID! I can't believe they are still in the competition!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The only explanation that I have is they wanted to keep the one girl, bad pants hem, so they had to keep the team.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It blew my mind that Merline and her partner were not eliminated. Merline's dress may be one of the worst creations EVER on PR (or at least in the Top 10 of Worst. Designs. Ever).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Dipo that is what I thought also. Merline was an embarrassment to the word All Star

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
plus my hair stands on end when Alyssa says her name Merleeeeeeeeeeeeaan

Panda

07-15-2005

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 4:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
YES Pamy that drives me crazy when Alyssa says her name!

I call BS on that one, too because even if they didn't like the style of Ari's dress, the model looked good in it! It fit!!! Merline's wasn't even a design it was like pieces just thrown on. I was angry after this one.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 5:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
In Marlene's defense, the judge's did love her very first design. She won with that abomination. So, the judges must see something that we don't see.

Sorry, it was the best I could come up with. Otherwise, I agree, hers was the worst.

But, I can live with the decision because Candice is one of the extremely few with any talent on this season. Each episode seems to get worse and worse, and that's a hard feat to accomplish.

As to the two who went home, they weren't going to last much longer on this show, so I'm glad they sent them home instead of Candice. That would have been another abomination.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm wondering if the two went home because both of their designs were equally bad, whereas Candice's design (hems notwithstanding) was really nice...I'm sorry, the first thing I thought when I saw Ali's (did I get the name right?) dress was "drag queen tacky glam."

Panda

07-15-2005

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I agree Candice saved her team!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I've been meaning to post that... Candace's blouse saved her team... except did anyone notice how frayed the hems/seams seemed... or was that part of the look?

And I'm another person who is STILL puzzled how Marlene won the 1st challenge... it was constructed so poorly.

I wish they let judges look at the looks up close like they do on Project Runway proper....

And Ari's complexion... is it cystic acne or something... whatever it is it looks uncomfortable... hopefully treatment is available and she can get some...

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching Making a Model with Yolanda Hadid? It's on right after All-Stars...

It's pretty good.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I love Candace. The fact that she didnt go off on Merleeeeeeeeeeeeeen shows her character. I would have been losing my mind!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I wondered about Ari's complexion also...that poor woman's skin looked painful!

Candace said she knew the hems were bad...I think the issue was the material was hard to work with and didn't cooperate.

I watched Making a Model this past week...I like Yolanda Hadid more than I expected...some of the girls...not so much.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Ari had problems with her complexion going back to her first appearance on the show. It was as bad when she appeared as Andy South.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I liked Aris dress, it reminded of 1970-80s Cher.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
You are right - that is exactly what it looked like! All that was missing was the head dressing!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Not only did Candace's hem have issues, that blouse had frayed edges right by the face. I do think the fact that the one judge liked the blouse the best of everything saved their butts.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Yes!! That's what i was trying to say... Candace's blouse had frayed edges... and i don't think they were intentional.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Cass_cat, I came on here to see if anyone was watching Making a Model. I really like how sensitive Yolanda is with the girls. Her criticism is always constructive.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 26, 2018 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I catch Making a Model when I remember...interesting show.

What the heck got into Candace last night? That was truly a losing look! Sorry to see her go but she deserved it and she knew it.

Helen hasn't changed one bit from her original season.

Not a fan of this challenge. I understand the play on words "ball gown" but I wish they truly would have attempted a ball gown. These just looked like party dresses if that.

Happy for Stanley's win although I was leaning towards Fabio's design.