TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Biggest Loser (on USA)

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Weight Loss/Self Improvement: The Biggest Loser (on USA) users admin

The Biggest Loser (on USA)

Jbw

08-14-2006

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Today is two years to the day the last season of The Biggest Loser premiered on NBC. Anyone know when the next season is returning or has the US show been cancelled? Thanks.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - When I saw the thread title, for a second I thought that was the name of the latest season.

I don't know what its status is.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
LOL! I thought the same thing.

If I had to guess I would say the show is over... it seems the intense workouts-rapid weight loss regime really doesn't work too well for long term success.

I was actually just thinking about this within last few weeks... wondering how all the previous winners have done/are doing? Seems like I just saw a Nutri-System commercial with a person on it names Essex who tried the system and how much weight he has lost and I SWEAR I remember him from one of the BL seasons...

I'd like them to do a Where Are They Now special... have the trainers and doctors on and explain what worked and why and what didn't work and why.

I also remember from one season they had Suze Orman (it was towards the end of their time at the ranch) and she talked separately to each contestant about their personal finances, how are they, do they have a budget, etc... She correlated having no financial plan was akin to having no dietary/exercise plan... that your financial health impacts your physical health. Really found that interesting and I really do believe it's true.

Anyhow... One of the guys who was doing quite well said his finances were a mess and didn't have budget and scoffed at the idea that one impacts the other... I want to say he ended up winning but gained quite a bit of his weight back within a short time...

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
From what I understand, their long-term results have been terrible. Actually, a better description would be tragic. The extreme dietary restriction and rapid weight loss resulted in very low metabolism meaning it was nearly impossible to keep from regaining the weight. The only contestant that I think is still maintaining their weight loss is Tara Costa who was on Season 7 and finished third.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.usanetwork.com/news/usa-network-reboots-the-biggest-loser?cid=em_USAAllWeekly_Newsletter_20190518

Jbw

08-14-2006

Thursday, September 26, 2019 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Bob Harper is back as the host in the series re-boot:

https://www.menshealth.com/health/a28627134/bob-harper-host-biggest-loser-2020/

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I will definitely be tuning in for this version.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
On USA "network"?! I don't got it. That's OK. I don't like Bob Harper. And sleeves are a big turn-off for me.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's not coming out until 2020.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I hope I don't forget about it... when in 2020? it's not that far away... but depends when... first of year? Spring? Summer? A year from now?

Hope I can remember it. :-)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, September 27, 2019 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm sure we'll be posting about it.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
The Biggest Loser returns on Tuesday Jan 28th on USA with Bob Harper.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Believe it or not, I've never watched this show but I've decided to give this a try.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I'm anxious to see if there have been any improvements to "the process"... given it's pretty much been proven to not work in the long run.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Nice brunch of contestants who make funny comments.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Slip of the fingers when talking about obese people - "nice brunch" - LOL!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I watched the first episode of this last night and I thought it was pretty good - I think for the most part the amount of weight the contestants lost in a week was not extreme - it looked like pretty high numbers but considering you took a group of sedentary obese people and put them on a controlled diet and had them exercise 10-12 pounds the first week is not unexpected (sure the one guy lost 22 pounds but he was a really big guy!). I was brokenhearted that the one guy left - especially since he lost a pretty good amount of weight. I hated to see anyone go.

I do like that they are focusing more in the mental aspects of why people are overweight.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I like that they don't vote someone off... it's based on their percentage of weight loss...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 10, 2020 - 4:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I finally watched the first episode last night and have a question. Was Erica (the trainer for the red team) a former contestant?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 10, 2020 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
She lost 160 pounds on her own, she wasn't a former contestant.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 10, 2020 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kar

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, March 23, 2020 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I am really enjoying this season!! That probably means ratings will be low and it will be cancelled so sorry about that. Lol. I love that it’s not as adversarial. I love that they seem more invested in the underlying reasons for the weight gain and how to prevent them from going back to those routines.

Will be interesting to see a couple years from now, what percentage of cast has maintained weight loss compared to last years. .

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Friday, April 03, 2020 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
The finale was terrific, with only the top three contestants and the top three at home weighting in with tops covering their middles. Thus the people who lost less were not embarrassed. A few were at their ideal weight.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.usanetwork.com/the-biggest-loser/photos/the-biggest-loser-before-and-after-gallery?cid=em_USAAllWeekly_Newsletter_20200404

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, April 06, 2020 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Great to see they eliminated the weekly "gaming strategy" of voting out the "biggest threat" and went to "lowest % of weight loss". I like the positivity of the two new trainers. I also loved that the "old" guy won. Best season yet!

Jbw

08-14-2006

Monday, April 06, 2020 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
Biggest Loser's Erica Lugo Has Surprise ''Zoom Wedding'' Amid Coronavirus Pandemic

https://www.eonline.com/news/1137705/biggest-loser-s-erica-lugo-has-surprise-zoom-wedding-amid-coronavirus-pandemic

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 06, 2020 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would remove the advantages where someone, or a whole team gets advantage that can does results.

Let the competitions be for extra education or something good.

But this was certainly better than last versions!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: