TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 04, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway 16: Archive through December 04, 2017 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Agree!

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Who won?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The winner was Kentaro.

Second was Ayana, third Brandon, fourth Margarita.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 17, 2017 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was very happy with Kentaro's win. Brandon was a little too confident and couldn't see what was blatantly wrong with his vision.

I didn't care for Ayana's collection. There is modest...and then there is overdone and I felt her's was overdone. Way too many ruffles, way too much shiny fabric, way too dowdy. I did like her head coverings though.

I actually preferred Margarita's collection over Ayana's. It actually was interesting. Not my taste but that yellow dress with the fish print on it would be perfect resort wear. I am glad Margarita owned her vision and that her parents were able to make it at least in time to console her over the loss.

Can't wait for the show where the designers talk about the season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 17, 2017 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://deadline.com/2017/11/wendy-pepper-dies-contestant-on-first-season-of-project-runway-was-age-53-1202211497/

No cause of death..

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have to wonder if Brandon understood what a cohesive collection means, I don't think itr means use one fabric in everything. But I do believe that wa why he lost, if he used different fabrics, they probably would have given it to him.
Kentaro, as a person seemed to be very nice to everyone but there was an undercurrent of hostility that came through for me, I can't exactly explain it, but it was jarring. Still, he was the most avant guard, so naturally i did not appreciate most of his clothes. heh. I looked at how they look in JCpenny, but most seem nothing special when translated to cheap, and I say this as one who used to buy clothes at Pennies until the store turned into a ghost town and I was afraid to go there because there were long stretches where i could not see anyone else.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I thought this was the best season in ages. Just the right bit of ridiculousness by the twins, a variety of sized models, and in the end I liked the winner.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I was very disappointed in Ayana's collection, I liked a couple of pieces but all those ruffles made me feel like little house on the prairie. I think she had the most interesting perspective but it didn't translate to the runway show.

Brandon's collection was too much like what he did in the challenges, just with uglier material. His designs all melded together to the point of not being able to differentiate between them. I'm surprised that Tim didn't mention that to him, but maybe he did & I just missed it.

I almost feel that Kentaro won by default.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 1:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Brandon was basically told everything was great except for the top for Lyris which he changed.

He didn't get real constructive criticism from Tim or from the preview, so he was sure he was ok.

Kentaro actually improved his collection after the critiques.

They should have cut the part when his father fell off the runway.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 4:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I liked Margarita's collection, but if you saw her work before she went on the show she makes some beautiful pieces. I love resort wear. But I also loved Uli's work back when she was on. I like to see "wearable" clothes - not stuff I would never buy or ever wear.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 4:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I didn't even recognize Wendy Pepper in that picture in the article. 53-years-old is so young. I wonder if she was sick?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I must be a bad person because I am looking forward tothe nest show . When they showed the preview of the twing saying "things happen" as if she had nothing to do with the extra tape measure, I laughed to hard, I nearly fell out of my chair.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Lexie, no one seems to know but if she was really surrounded by family, they had to know, at least for some period of time.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/washingtonpost/obituary.aspx?fhid=2167&n=anne-stewart&pid=187265857

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am definitely looking forward to the next episode, reunion show.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, November 20, 2017 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sadies, I was a little surprised to see both twins at the reunion. They only thing I can think of is they must have been contractually obligated to appear (which is kind of weird because there are reunions on other shows where controversial people refuse to appear).

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, November 20, 2017 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I will never forget an interview Tim Gunn gave years ago and Wendy Pepper came up in the interview. Tim said they thought they were casting a meek, mild-mannered woman from the Midwest when they cast Wendy Pepper. They had no idea that she would become one of the first villains of reality TV (and certainly the first villain of Project Runway). He said they never saw that coming.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 20, 2017 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
You seriously thought the twins would miss the opportunity to appear on television? Honestly those two girls are so oblivious to their own special brand of being annoying that they couldn't get a clue if somebody tattooed it on their foreheads!

Funny how differently contestants are perceived. The only finalist I got a nasty vibe from was Margarita...I thought Kentaro was one of the sweetest people I have ever seen on Project Runway. I also thought it was sweet when he dad fell off the runway in his excitement to get to his son.

I'm looking forward to the reunion show also...can't believe we have to wait a week!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, November 20, 2017 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I like your thinking Roxie.....the twins and Margarita who should not have been in the final four, even without Kenya.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, November 20, 2017 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
If they aren't contractually obligated to appear on the reunion show, then they clearly have no shame. I wouldn't show my face in public for six months.

Margarita may not have been the nicest person, but her clothes were the most "wearable."

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 20, 2017 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well, for me it would have been Kenya's clothes...LOL! For all what people perceived as her overstated opinion, I wish I had half of Liris's self-confidence in her own skin!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, November 20, 2017 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am sure they are paid for their appearance on the show and that the winner must appear. it seems like there are no independently wealthy people on the show this year.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, December 04, 2017 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I loved how the twins are still denying denying denying and trying to change their story to match the narrative. They aren't really likeable human beings.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, December 04, 2017 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
They aren't just unlikable, but they are two of the oddest twins I've ever seen. There is something very "off" about them.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, December 04, 2017 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Lexie, your post reminded me of one of the twins saying that her boyfriend's mother thought they had an incestuous relationship. And they thought it was funny.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, December 04, 2017 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah Grooch... there is something so off about them. It kind of looked like they were practically sitting in each other's lap at the reunion.