TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 21, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Master Chef Canada: Archive through June 21, 2016 users admin

Florin

08-27-2006

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
This show premiered last night on the cooking channel. They did 2 one hour shows showing the auditions. Since I like Master Chef US I decided to watch it. It was good. I had to get use to judges that I didn't recognize.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I saw one of the shows.

I agree, not recognizing the judges makes it difficult to warm up to it and the dark haired judge I especially didn't warm up to but early days and if I get to keep watching this I'll hopefully grow to know the judges and contestants.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Well my two cents, enjoy. Michael Bonacini is my fav, the Welsh accent doesn't hurt. Alvin tries to be a a hard ass but you can see his marshmallowy centre imo. Claudio has a bit of an edge and after two seasons I still haven't warmed to him. But he's okay and pretty constructive. They are all pretty well known in the cooking community and tv in Canada. I'm not sure what season you're watching but there are some pretty strong Québécois and Newfie accents in season 2 but nothing you can't get used to.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Watching the second half of auditions right now.. it recorded today.

Is one of them maybe distantly related to Mame's Vinnie??

The accents are fine..

Not sure of the season.. this is the first time I've caught this show here on the cooking channel, glad I did.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I see the season started on Esquire TV

Florin

08-27-2006

Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 3:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
For me this show is interesting. The guy that won the first challenge and elected to not take the immunity was silly. It didn't surprise me he ended up on the bottom of the main challenge.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching this?? I am.. Of course I have to pull for Lynn! LOL!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
They pulled The Cooking Channel from my line-up and I haven't found it any where (haven't look very hard to be honest, it wasn't on youtube! ;)

Woke up one day and half our channels were gone, then by noon we had them all back but the Cooking Channel!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, December 25, 2015 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
watching the cooking channel with it's Canadian master chef all day.

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
I watch it. Rooting for Line to win

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well we share a name, but not the spelling. I've never seen it spelled Line but finally noticed it on her apron! Lynne, Lynn, Linn, Linne, Lin, Lyn, even Linh (Vietnamese version).. so now I have a new one.

I feared the other woman left would go into final two, she was also good of course but seemed so over confident.

I kind of hope she beats the guy and that for heaven's sake, he doesn't get a "big advantage" in the finale.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, I didn't get my wish but it certainly was a fair and even competition with no gimmicks and I liked that. They both did an amazing job, it seems.

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Friday, January 22, 2016 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
Yes, darn it

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Why did Lyn have me thinking Sarah Palin?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Maybe the accent?

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Monday, February 15, 2016 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I watched this for the first time last night - in fact, it was the first time for me watching ANY cooking competition show. I know they're quite popular, so I thought I'd give it a try to see what all the hullabaloo was about

It looked like it could be interesting, and I'll definitely tune in next week to see where it goes...

though a few things gross me out - their hair hanging in their faces when they are preparing the food, and they don't wear gloves, and some of them really sweat - if I was a judge I wouldn't be able to try the food

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 1:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Enjoy!!

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I watched it too. These people must really beleive in ther ability to cook to go on a show like this! I cant imagine standing there and being judged.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I went to find this and could not find it, but found master chef india and chinese master chef instead. I a DVR intin master chef india, but the chinese one is on a station I don't get. should be interesting.

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
my favourite is Matthew - he's a cutie!

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Monday, February 22, 2016 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Loved the first season of Master Chef Canada and season two looks good as well.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Monday, February 29, 2016 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Master Chef Canada was on again the other night and I love it.

The Master Chefs are a pleasure to watch because I think they offer constructive criticism to the contestants.

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Monday, March 07, 2016 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
Go Matthew!

one thing this show does is highlight what a boring cook I am

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
They will be cooking at Casa Loma on Sunday (well, probably taped last summer) but I'm looking forward to it. Casa Loma is beautiful.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Congratulations Mary! I'm very please with the winner. (I would have been fine with Jeremy as well but Mary I thought had it)