TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Pioneer Woman

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Pioneer Woman users admin

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Not really sure, this is the right category, but i had a giggle today at the grocery store. A magazine (In Touch maybe) had on the cover “The Real Story of the Pioneer Woman....and what she has been hiding!!”
Had two thoughts...wow, how desparate...going after cooking show hosts! Or she must have made it cause they are going after her! LOL

For once the line went too quickly so i could only skim. Something about a brother who had a run in with the law and SHE DOESN’T ACKNOWLEGEMENT HIM!!!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I simply cannot stand reed drummond, her voice alone makes me want to hurl. I will never understand why she has a show. The few times I have seen bits of her show, none of the recipes were interesting, inspired or new.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 4:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I followed her blog long before she got her show. I love her writing and the stories of her daily life. I love her Dr. Pepper ribs and make that quite often.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 5:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I love the Pioneer Woman, her voice sounds like any other person living in the South. Her recipes are beef dominant of course which resonates with me bc I live in Tx and my family is in cattle ranching. I sort of feel like you but about the Barefoot Contessa-I rarely see a recipe I like. It might be a regional thing.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
My DD and I have watched the show and she has one of her books. We enjoy it. But again, it’s all a matter of what you like (I’m pretty deep, eh? )

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Texannie, I too followed her blog long before the Food channel... I know she was on a Beat Bobby Flay, Thanksgiving edition, they came to her Ranch, and I believe they built that more as a B&B retreat center, which was why it had the ovens, refrigerators etc

I always thought her tv voice was stiff and her "ok" ok, ok, was too much. I know recently they film her more in the truck instead of step by step with her telling us "ok now add vanilla".

But I like her recipes! And her blog is so user friendly!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I forgot to mention, I am going to get to ‘meet’ her! Houston is one of her stops for her new book tour. A local bookstore in my neighborhood is hosting her for a book signing. I bought a book and reserved my spot in line to get it signed. November 2nd at 5:30

Reader, i love her from “High Heels to Tractor Wheels’ stories!

Lakecat, i kind of feel that way about Ina too. I love her recipes, but don’t enjoy watching her at all.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I love Pioneer Woman because her recipes are so down to earth, homey, and very easy to make. I make her Beef and Snow Peas recipe all the time. Ribs and Dr. Pepper sounds very good. I’ll have to look for that recipe.

She was on The Chew today and they were talking about her new cookbook. I think I’ll check it out.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 4:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Rvon, the Dr Pepper barbecue sauce is really good. It has chipolte peppers to add smokiness and balance the sweet.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Shrimp from Tulsa.... LOL, not something you hear everyday, hahahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 15, 2021 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy crap... glad to see he will be ok ... NBC News @NBCNews
·
1h
The husband of "Pioneer Woman” Ree Drummond broke his neck in an injury that was "very close to being catastrophic," but is expected to make a full recovery, the celebrity chef and lifestyle guru says.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1371558333619044352

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, March 15, 2021 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
She wrote about this on her blog. The nephew was said to have been thrown 70 feet. Neither was wearing a seat belt. It’s absolutely amazing they weren’t hurt worse.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, March 15, 2021 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow. Glad he’s going to be okay.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 15, 2021 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That is just mind boggling to me, in this day and age, that anyone doesn't wear a seatbelt!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, March 16, 2021 - 4:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I can kind of get it, they were driving water trucks to help fight the wildfires. I am sure there were a lot of in and out. But, I was also surprised they weren’t.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 16, 2021 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm so confused. Was the husband hurt? Or the nephew? or both?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, March 16, 2021 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Both. First reports were that they nephew was hurt worse.
https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 16, 2021 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thank you, that makes more sense. I heard about the nephew first, but missed the reports about her husband.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 26, 2021 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, Alex is getting married, I think I knew she was engaged but the show right now is all the wedding prep.

The episode is Season 28; they are having 490 guests! and put up some tents, then it rained a bunch and then there were big winds that moved the tents! I am amazed.

Ree tried on two dresses for the wedding, I preferred the second one, it looked more appropriate and dressy.

Looks like they got married on May 3rd. And she mentioned that Lad had a neck injury but was doing better. He is wearing a neck brace on the show.

ETA: I guess that should be Alex got married.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, June 26, 2021 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for all the interesting details. As I’ve mentioned, my DD enjoys watching Pioneer Woman (and I enjoy it as well) but I haven’t seen it recently.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, June 26, 2021 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
She got married early May. They have posted a ton of pics, but it was fun seeing the wedding special this morning. So pretty.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, June 26, 2021 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Speaking of wow, she has lost a lot of weight. I looked at her website and she has some really intelligent tips there about how she did it.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Sunday, June 27, 2021 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
LOL, Weddings and reunions are great incentives for losing weight.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: