TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 06, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway 16: Archive through October 06, 2017 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
if she was talking to Shawn I hope so!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Previews made it look like Claire was melting down over Shawn's meltdown.. So who knows if she finished.

I wonder if their parents didn't heed long given advice to put twins in different classes where possible?

They are SO dual codependent they might as well be conjoined twins!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Well, one of the twin's had a boyfriend whose mother thought the twin's relationship was incestuous.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
So I wonder how they eliminate the models? Do they still get a prize?

And did anyone catch Heidi mention the Tim Gunn save? First time I've heard it this season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She has mentioned it more than once, but not every week, that we hear.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, October 02, 2017 - 3:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
She has mentioned it, they just don't show it every week. It goes without saying - that's why Tim continues to sit in on the runway show.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 02, 2017 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Since they rotate the models I doubt any of them get eliminated...they probably took the model prize away in this day of tightened budgets. A shame - sometimes my favorite thing about the show is the model's facial expressions...and now I love that the show their reaction to the clothing.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, October 02, 2017 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It would suck if they took away the model's prize since they award the winner a prize worth several hundred thousand dollars. But with them rotating models, how do you award prize money to just one model?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, October 02, 2017 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Funny I haven't heard the Tim Gunn save announcement until last week... I guess I pretty much tune out that part each week.

I was wondering about the model rotation... because it seems like none of them are leaving. I'm going to start paying more close attention...

I do want to mention that the twins have grown in the sense that they are not completely thrown by having a full-figured model. They did not want to cover Lyris (don't know if it's spelled right) by putting her in a tunic.

Personally I don't think they should have lost, I think it should have been Kenya and Amy... that blue pantsuit was hideous...

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if they didn't re-configure this challenge at the last minute so the teams consisted of designers with DIFFERENT fabrics instead of teams consisting of those with same fabrics. They knew Kentaro was going to pick first and odds on favorite that he'd pick Brandon... and that no one would pick one of the twins... and that twins would FOR SURE pick each other. Does anyone remember which twin picked the other? I have to wonder if the whole thing wasn't planned that if the twins were in the bottom they would be forced to face off to see who goes.

Interesting intrigue for next week. Michael walks off stage... and from the season previews it shows Kentaro walking off stage at some time during the season... can't wait to see all the drama! (Is that mean of me to say??)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 02, 2017 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There is a model prize this season.. No idea how they award it!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, October 02, 2017 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
But Cass... it is so weird that they are making the twins face-off against each other when both of them said that Shawn should go home. I don't get it.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, October 02, 2017 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I don't get that either... did they like Shawn's look better than Claire's? Maybe they want to see for themselves just how dependent Shawn is on Claire's assistance.

I do think TPTB wanted the twins on the same team just so they could get rid of one... If the twins were smart, they would make sure they were never on the same team just to lessen the probability of one of them going home...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Michael Ausiello‏Verified account @MichaelAusiello 18m18 minutes ago
More
#ProjectRunway: Which Twin Survived? http://tvline.com/2017/10/05/project-runway-results-shawn-quits-claire-saved/ … via @AndySwift

Christina Allen‏ @ChristinaMAlle2 21m21 minutes ago
More
It wasnt the time crunch; Shawn quit because she couldn't do anything without her sister's help. #projectrunway

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
What's. Happening?! What's happening! TBC. arrg

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Right??? I keep coming back here for news...

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I'm on pins & needles!! 🤓

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
It will carry over til next week.

I just don't see the "cheating".... it may not be good enough when you mirror others but look at the way fashion is...there always seems to be similar themes every cycle in what is in stores, so where is that line in the sand of people designing based on what they see and like, versus it being called cheating

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I didnt understand when she said she was measuring pants in the bathroom? and so what if they look like something else...tons of pants look almost alike. did she copy that print from something?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, one of the first years a guy was thrown out for cheating because he had some design books under his bed, they are not allowed to have magazines or books. So if last week, the outfit was similar to what the model wore when she walked in and this week the outfit is similar to something in her closet, it might be that is the problem.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
I thought I heard Margarita tell Michael that Claire had a tape measure in her room that she kept hidden(are tape measures not allowed?) and also that there was a copy of the pants that she made for runway show this week in her room. So I am thinking that cheating not about the similarity between Claire's blouse and Margarita's dress but rather about items in the room.

Going by previews, it looks like Tim sticks up for Claire because Margarita is shown walking down the hallway with her hands in the air in posture of disbelief. Could be misdirection.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
maybe it means you can measure your pants which is not allowed to get the right proportions. You are allowed tape measures in the work room, but you can't bring patterns. I missed the beginning so sorry if I said something wrong.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, this is the first week I have caught much of the show, are the designs always this awful????

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Arghhhhhhhhh!
Ding dang diddle!!! So peeved that they left us hanging again, especially as Shawn quit 15 minutes into their 60 minute challenge. There was certainly no need to extend that non event another week and leave us wondering yet again.

I didn't care for most of the looks this week. Although I did like Claire's and thought she deserved her win.

Margarita got so bent out of shape over something that did not happen, re "copying" her diaganol top, and running around like a 12 year old gritchin' to everyone else. If she, Michael or anyone else thinks someone is cheating, things not as they should be... talk to Tim. Jeezee Loiusy!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 1:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, everyone is confused...

link

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 3:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm confused. Did Claire have tape or measuring tape in her room? I know tape is against the rules, but I can't imagine that measuring tape is.

That top did look like Margarita's design from last week so I was a little surprised when Tim said he had seen that look already from Claire. It does seem like Claire and Sean don't have any original thoughts regarding design. Everything is a copy of something else.