TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 10, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Inkmasters: Archive through June 10, 2017 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
And next season they are going to do teams. each judge gets a team - it is the voice rippling through reality shows, ha ha . But I expect that the one guy who always hates women would not have many on his team.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think Christian should have won though. He was very consistent. I did expect Kleen to win against Anthony as I thought the issues the judges had pointed out were lesser so to speak than the unfinished work of Anthony.

Which one do you think dislikes women? It doesn't stand out to me so I'm not sure who you mean.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Perhaps she's speaking about Oliver Peck? I know that there have been some news reports about how badly he treats women in his shops...although when I was in Deep Ellum a couple of Fridays ago there was a line around the block for people waiting to get into Elm Street Tattoo so I guess people will overlook things in order to get a great tattoo.

Are only Nunez and Oliver technically judges? I think the next season they will be the two with teams. I guess Dave Navarro is more of a host and gets to be a tiebreaker.

I agree Christian was consistent - but YUCK!

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
Am I the last one to know that Oliver Peck was once married to Kat Von D?

Val

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 06, 2016 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I had never even heard of Oliver Peck until I watched Kat Von D on Miami Ink (of course I had never heard of Kat Von D either...or any other tattoo artist) - she was married to him at that time. I believe they had divorced by the time she was in the show LA Ink.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 5:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
It's Baaaaaack! Very good show (s) last night. I thought it interesting in the first 30 minute show how they defended Anthony winning against Cleen the last season and exactly why Christian didn't win.
The new season should be fun. Out of all they chose I only saw one or two that I thought could really tattoo. I don't know how much input Peck and Nunez are going to have into the actual tattoos and how they're going to work out the judging of their own team members but this one ought to be good!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
What I got from that first show was that had Christian made it to the final two he would have won. America didn't vote him in nor did his fellow competitors, so he didn't. The only way the others could have done it without prejudice to him would have been without knowing who did what, but each of those three were pretty distinctive.

I was surprised in the new show that they kept a few of them around. I'm glad they got rid of the body builder guy. Hopefully Chris and Oliver can be objective when it comes to judging.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
what an amazing year they have had! but the opening of the show -I don't know how they do that!!!!!!!!!!
I guess dave has rings implanted in his back so he can hang over the stage, you could see the skin pulled up but Argh the pain!

And someone please explain to me why I watch this show as I would never have a tatoo. I am watching my niece get one tattoo lasered off on her ring finger and another tattoo put on her arm and find it repulsive, but I am addicted to tattoo shows!t

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I never thought I would have one. lol Melissa Monroe did my first one. She is so nice and very patient!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 12:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
a hook in your back? or a tattoo? I should not have said repulsive, it is the hooks that are repulsive, tattoos look too painful. And I change my mind a lot, not good with tattoos.

Look, I try not to be judgemental, the pain just seems so bad. My neice is getting a wedding ring lasered off her ring finger and another arm tattoo finished on her upper arm. I tried to get her to put tattoos on her shoulders and other places that don't fat up as you get older. she is just starting to put on weight now in her thirties after being so thin for her youth. I am afraid she will hate them when they stretch out.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I am obsessed also and seriously doubt I would even get a tattoo - especially since I am older and they always talk about how older skin doesn't take ink well.

I wanted to see Kelly in the final two (remind myself to go online and see if they showed her chest tattoo) but was glad Ryan won. I thought her (Ryan's) live tattoo was spectacular.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Her tattoo was absolutely American classic ship with twin mermaids and other details. It is not a very Interesting style. But extremely competent.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I don't have tattoos, will never have a tattoo, but I love watching ink master! Watch it every season. I'm so happy for ryan, but would've been happy with any of the final 3 winning. They were all great artists.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
It was so nice to see a woman win! Especially after she and the other women on the show got together and formed an alliance and helped each other instead of the usual nonsense we always see! I would never get a tattoo either but still find this show fascinating to watch!

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Mine was a tattoo. I should have clarified. I am petrified of needles but she was amazing!

I am glad Ryan won. Would have liked Kelly too.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I got my first one at 50. I only have 3. They each have personal meanings and are not as detailed as on Inkmaster. I think Melissa had been tattooing about 3 years when she did mine. It is a small one on my shoulder. I was so stoked when she was on the show. She still works in the shop here.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Returning June 6!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
So glad to have this show back on and can't wait to see the new artists!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Me too!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I would rather watch Best Ink but that show is dead and gone. My sister doesn't understand how someone who does not have or want a tattoo can watch this show, ha ha . it's different.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I loved Best Ink too - the artists seemed to be nicer people than they appear on Inked.

Same here - no tattoo, no desire to have a tattoo - but the sheer artistry and the "foreverness" of a tattoo are fascinating to me. Maybe that's why no tattoos for me...I suck at commitment!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I didn't disagree with the couple leaving last night - loved the ice carving challenge but kind of dozed off during the metal challenge.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I really liked that they made them draw. To me it would be quite fundamental for a tattoo artist. I would have thought they'd have the immune teams still vying for top tattoo instead of not doing the challenge.

It should be interesting how they introduce other teams in.

I totally agree about the artistry. It's all very fascinating. I however have wanted a tatto for many years but I've been trepidatious about it. But I bit the bullet last week and spoke to a local shop and they are drawing up what I want so.....

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Friday, June 09, 2017 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
It was interesting to see the dynamics in the shops themselves! Different, for sure.
I think it was smart to have them draw. There have been some issues on the show cuz they have artists who can''t.
I have 3 tats. My first one was with Melissa Monroe before she was on Ink Masters. She is the sweetest person ever and took a lot of time designing mine for me. I love it. My other 2 were when I was out of town. So, if I get another, I will have Melissa do it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I can't understand how they tattooed a snake that wasn't even the right color or had similar markings, . did they not hear it was supposed to be drawn from a live creature, did I miss the green snake?
too much back talk and I hate that new teams will be coming in. It is like punishing the teams that came in early.