TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 05, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars - Season 25: Archive through September 05, 2017 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Starting a thread for the upcoming season. I've moved some posts relating to the new season over here as well. :-)

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
A bit of interesting news- the original U.K. Version will be available to watch legally in the US for the first time this fall...

http://deadline.com/2017/08/britbox-idris-elba-sean-bean-broken-strictly-come-dancing-five-by-five-1202151456/

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Yay Wilsonatmd. Glad I already have BritBox. Granted I haven't watched much on it yet, but this will give me a reason to use the service.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, August 21, 2017 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
A little early, but we have our first two rumored names:

Drew Scott: one of the stars of the HGTV series Property Brothers

Nikki Bella: WWE superstar (though she's on a wrestling hiatus), also on the E! shows Total Divas and Total Bellas (in fact, one of the storylines on Total Divas last year was that she was offered DWTS, but turned it down because she was trying to come back from a wrestling injury- and I personally wouldn't be shocked if we hear a rumor that her sister Brie might be on as well- she's not wrestling either because she just had her first child)

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, August 21, 2017 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Drew is engaged and so is Nikki Bella (to John Cena) so maybe they want to learn to dance before their weddings. The Bellas and John and Brie's hubby were on the Today Show this morning talking about Total Divas. No hint on DWTS but then again, it's on ABC.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, August 21, 2017 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Wasn't this season the season that they were going to have "juniors"-kid stars and kids of stars? If so, guess it didn't pan out.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 21, 2017 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nooooooooooo!!! They did that on So You Think You Can Dance last summer, and we stopped watching. That's a terrible idea. Roteach, I hope you are kidding.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, August 21, 2017 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I thought that was what was reported at the end of last season and I thought it was a bad call. Would they have to have younger "pros" to dance with them. I am glad that I probably misheard.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I love the Bella twins. They would be fierce competitors.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
ET reports that Cheryl Burke is returning as a pro this season. Link here. http://www.etonline.com/exclusive-cheryl-burke-returning-dancing-stars-shes-really-excited-source-says-85981

This article also lists the pros who are returning. Another season of Keo. Oh well. At least Val and Maks are back.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Mark Ballas is back after a year off...

https://www.tvinsider.com/370034/dancing-with-the-stars-mark-ballas-season-25-return/

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Glad Mark is back.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, August 25, 2017 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I was just checking the stars again. We get Keo and Mark but no Sasha. Upside to that is that he can do more choreo on So You Think You Can Dance.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 25, 2017 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I really wish Sharna would get rid of that "clown red" hair color and color her hair a loverly brunette.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nick and Vanessa Lachey are rumored to be joining this season.

http://www.eonline.com/news/876031/nick-vanessa-lachey-reportedly-joining-dancing-with-the-stars-season-25

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Happy to see that Alan made it from the troupe to a pro. He's a sweetie.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree!!! I was hoping he replaced Keo and not sasha!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Why in the world do they keep Keo?
I would love to see Vanessa and Nick!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I love Alan. He's a cutie. Keo sometimes gets on my last nerve.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, August 28, 2017 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Are there no African-American female ballroom dancers talented enough for DWTS? Over the years I've seen them as extra dancers but never as a competitor.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Well, I was just checking Instagram and the first official couple of the new season was announced. Drew Scott and Emma Slater. That's going to be a fun pairing.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Keo keeps getting a shot because he's tall - I love Sasha but the dude is super short, which in a season where they have a lot of tall celebrities is definitely not an advantage.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Roxip, that could be true. I guess they have to match the heights of the dancers the best that they can. At least Sasha & Emma as well as Val have been doing some choreo on SYTYCD.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, September 04, 2017 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
A few more rumored names..the official announcement is Wednesday morning..

-former NBA star Derek Fisher

-actor Frankie Muniz

-Barbara Cochran from Shark Tank

-violinist Lindsey Stirling

-ESPN reporter and former Paralympic champion Victoria Arlen (probably the feel-good story; at age 11, due to rare diseases she was in a vegetative state for four years, then had to relearn to speak, eat, and move; two years later, she won four medals at the 2012 Paralympics- then was hired by ESPN as a reporter, and last year after intensive therapy was able to walk after being in a wheelchair for many years...and she's only 22)

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 5:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
T.O.! Legendary wide receiver Terrell Owens joins Cheryl Burke this season on Dancing with the Stars!

From the DWTS FB page