TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 29, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: So You Think You Can Dance Season 12: Archive through August 29, 2017 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I want Lex (the guy that learned to tap in an hour) to make the show, and I also want Koncrete (besides, they are getting a little low on street type dancers except maybe in Fik-Shun and Cyrus's teams). Cyrus sure have gained a lot of sophistication over the years...he was really rough when he first came on the show but he is a lot more open and assured now. I hope the blue haired girl makes the show. I also like Christina (the ballroom woman whose husband was also on the earlier shows) but she and the other girl were really equal.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I really wonder how much say so the all stars have in who their final pick is. I tend to think the producers want a mix of dancers so will try to have them balance it out a bit. I really want Lex to go through and I like the blue haired girl, but the guy she's up against is very good too. I know they don't want all contemporary dancers although it seems like they do best on this show.

I have missed a few years of this show so I don't know who all of the all stars are, but it sure is fun to see Fik-Shun again.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
It has begun! New stage. Allison hurt shoulder. Nigel in middle seat. Fikshun & Dassy (from S.Korea) kicked things off.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wahooo cant wait!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I'm probably in the minority but I miss seeing a lot of dancers competing against each other. I don't want to see a pro slash all star and a newbie compete. The joy I both out of this show was watching 20 dancers competing with each other, dancing with each other and in each others styles with a random draw.

And I hated the kid season.

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
ITA with you, Costacat!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Ditto Costa

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Same here.

Now it seems to be a way to showcase past competitors, which is nice for them, but becomes more about them.

A really good team can send better people home early.

And voting can be for the pro partner,rather than the competing dancer.

Too bad.

This was once one on my just see programs. Now, I don't get invested enough to really learn their names.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree. I would rather see all new people. This seems to be a lot about all-star ego. BUt I'll still watch. The all-stars picked all of the people I wanted them to, so I was happy about that.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Pretty good show last night.

A guy went home,chosen from bottom three from last week, as voted by viewers.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I enjoy seeing the contestants dance with an all-star/mentor. I think it gives them a chance to "up their game" by dancing with an experienced professional. We've had teams in the past that were made up of two amateurs, and sometimes there was a strong dancer paired with someone who wasn't as strong. I felt it hurt them in the competition to be limited by their partner's lack of skill. I see no "ego" in the all stars at all. They are there to coach and mentor, and they seem proud of their dancers when they do well.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I remember the season where Eliana was paired with Cyrus - I was on pins and needles every week wondering if they were going to make it through. I was a huge Eliana fan and felt that Cyrus - awesome as he was in the personality and his particular style department - really kept her from doing her best dances because they always had to dummy down to his particular skillset.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
There were past seasons when they rotated partners weekly. So no one person had to dummy down each week. I miss those seasons. I don't want to watch the all stars. And I disagree about some of the all stars not having ego.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
By the way, Cyrus now appears to be an extremely accomplished dancer...he just did not appear to have any experience outside of his own genre in his original season.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought Kaylee (?) totally outdanced Cyrus last night. She was a lot sharper than him. She's not my favorite, but I thought she did well last night.

I'm really surprised to see how far so many of the pros have come from their seasons. They've all advanced to be great dancers in many styles, rather than just the one they originally excelled in. Great to see!

I think I'm leaning toward a male winner this year. I like both Kiki and Mark. But I also like Koine and Dassy. So hard to see any of them go home at this point, but I'm glad they all get to go on the tour.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Lex is local, so I am backing him, among others.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, I love Lex, too! I hate to see any of them go home, but I think the problem at this point is that there are still so many of them, the votes get divided. Same as on American Idol (which is coming back! Yay!).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Comfort has grown so much as a dancer. I wasnt a huge fan but every year I respect and love her more

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 12:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree, Pamy. Sometimes she seems a bit full of herself, but I do have to admit that she's really grown as a dancer and commented that to my hubby the other night when we watched her dance. So many of them have really grown since they were on the show.

Also fun to see some of the stars from DWTS coming over to choreograph. A lot of back and forth between these two shows.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 1:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
There is a new dance award called the Chita Rivera award that goes to choreographers and dancers on stage and film. Mandy Moore was nominated for La La Land and Ricky Ubeda was nominated for his role of Mr. Mestopheles in Cats.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Comfort has definitely grown.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, August 28, 2017 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Logan and Allisons dance was so fun to watch.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 28, 2017 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Loved Comfort and her partner.

Cyrus shouldnt be an allstar even though he won. I love his partner but feel they cant chore more extensive dances because he isnt up to the same level as the other all stars

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I tend to agree. Although I love Cyrus, I think his partner outdances him often.

So sorry to see Dassy go last night. She was one of my favorites early on, but at least she'll get to go on the tour. I think this is one of those years where the boys are dominating. Lex, Logan and Kiki my faves.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
So sorry to see Dassy go. She just exuded love of dance, and I really loved watching both Dassy and Fik-shun together.

I'm not so sure I'm a huge fan of most of the boys. I really like Taylor, and I think this could be hers to lose. I think she is one of the more versatile of the dancers. I also really love Mark and hope he goes farther than any of the other guys. (I'm not a fan of Kiki or Logan, and while I like Lex, I really LOVE Mark! And his personality!)

Did y'all notice where Nigel commented how he missed where the top 20 dancers all danced with each other first, and THEN when the all-stars were brought in towards the end of the season? Yeah, Nigel. Maybe you can bring that back again? LOL. (Something I think I mentioned previously. I think this show has turned too much into a showcase for the all-stars a bit less about the actual dancers, IMNSHO.)

I'm really not sure about Vanessa Hudgens as a judge. Everything is "you crushed it" or similar. I know she has background in musical theatre so she has to have some dance creds but I don't feel she's adding anything as a judge. They could just put in a blowup doll and run a repeat track of her each week and it'd be the same thing. (Also the blonde wig last night was dreadful. She's so pretty with dark hair, usually so striking. The blonde/silver washed her out. Not everyone should be a blonde! If her stylist put her in that, she should fire that stylist and get a new one!)

Does it feel as if this "season" is shorter? They are down to 7 next week... Seems like it's shorter or moving faster or something, no?