TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 02, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway 16: Archive through September 02, 2017 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 25, 2017 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yes Sunny he does.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, August 25, 2017 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lexie.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, August 25, 2017 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Sentall had the worst garment. The twins, especially Shawn are a hot mess. I don't think Shawn will be around long, especially if she is in the bottom again next week.

I thought the winning team had nice looks although the winner was my least favorite. To my surprise I liked the puffed sleeves dress and the top and wide leg pants from the guy who designed their print. Can't remember names.

Do we have a banner? If not, pretty please moods?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 25, 2017 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I requested a banner and Jimmer said he would do one for us.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thank you for the banner!

I don't know that we have ever seen 2 looks that so deserved to be the bottom 2. Yikes! Horrible colors, bad designs, crappy construction...

I was glad Brandon won, not my type of garment but I found it to be new, interesting and imaginative.
Although we have seen butterfly/fairy wing dresses many many times, this one was a bit different in that the wings weren't just 1 or 2 pieces of fabric cut like wings. She gave it some thought.
Was not impressed with the white dress, nothing new and didn't think it really flattered the model and the hat looked silly.

The other looks were ok, nothing egregious.

Those sisters are a clown act, all that running around and talk, talk, talk. Surprised Shawn had a garment and why did she dye fabric? It was just pale pink, surely she could have found that at Mood. Did I miss something there?

A friend of mine made a good point about the models of various sizes. They are still models vs "real" women. Not a single pear or apple shape, no broad shoulders, no one short, well proportioned in general.
I told her I would think of it as baby steps.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 3:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
YAY thanks for the banner (you sexy banner beast)!!!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 5:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Love the banner. Thank you!!!

I agree about the bottom two, Sugar. Both were such a mess. I was so bummed about Deyonte's look. He's a local guy so I had high hopes after his initial win. I hope he just had a bad day, due to his finger, and we see better next week.

I have to say there are many likeable contestants this season. Makes it more enjoyable. A couple of irritants... ya know who I mean.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You're welcome. :-)

I think I'd enjoy this show but I don't think it's available to watch in Canada.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
What was Kudzanai thinking last night? That was one hot mess of an outfit!

Otherwise I think most of the designers really rose to this challenge.

How much longer do we have to deal with the twins? Could they make it any more about themselves? Does anyone really think that one twin was afraid of heights or was just afraid of the camera looking at anyone else?

I was seriously in love with Batani's outfit last night. I understand why Brandon won but hand's down thought Batani's was the absolute best!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
For the most part this is a good crop of contestants. The twins have serious social issues. They are completely annoying. Sewing your finger is never a good thing. Felt very bad for him. But regardless of his mishap his dress was atrocious. I had higher hopes for Amy. To me her designs look pretty bad but she seems to be able to pull through and be safe. I don't care for the multi use garments.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Lilfair, I am with you re multi use garments. I have never seen one except on TV. Seems to me that you are just doubling your laundry with one wearing.

What do you all think about the model observation my friend made as I noted in my previous post? I think it is spot on.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The person whose designs I fell in love with before the season started airing was Margarita's. She designs for the "every day woman." I could easily wear her clothing at the age of 57, just like someone who is 27 could wear her designs.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sugar, that's an interesting POV regarding the models. I never thought of that, but I do agree with the statement.

I'm a little under 5'5" - but I have shoulders like a linebacker and big boobies. I can't wear anything that buttons down the front because blouses are too tight in my shoulders and they pull in the boobie area. My broad shoulders and boobies would be a designer's worst nightmare.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Sugar, the plus size models are proportioned but it's certainly a baby step maybe even more.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
They may be proportioned but there are some large size women. I think the designers are doing well working with them.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Also Amy needs to quit with her 2 in 1 gimmick.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So who went home, did I miss it when I read through the thread?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Kudzania was eliminated. His "dress" was a gawdawful hot mess.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
If Deyonte had done his original design he may not have been on the bottom.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, Banner is awesome! TY!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought the black and white outfit and the outfit that totally changed on stage should have been in the top along with the butterfly garment. I loved!! that blk and white garment!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, ps I saw Lexie already called you by your real name Sexy banner beast!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nice banner.

I didn't realize you cannot view this.

I think you would like it, for sure.

I liked Amy's outfit..

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I agree the models are proportioned well...and I also noticed that one model whose hips are 2" bigger than mine had a waist 2" smaller!! (And legs about 3 feet longer! LOL)

Once at least one of the twins is gone, I'll enjoy this a lot more, but I am liking almost all the other designers. They all seem more about the fashion and less about the drama.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Two quick things I adored in this episode:
1. Tim calling Swatch a "baked potato" at Mood. LOVE that dog.
2. The behind the scenes shots w/Heidi's shoe and the comment about her hair.

Neither have a thing to do with the designs, but they both made me smile. If the designers have less drama, maybe we can keep more of this fun stuff, too.