TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 10, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Face Off on SyFy: Archive through August 10, 2017 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I liked Ben in his season also but this season he seems to be a bit lost.

I have always really liked Melissa...there isn't a loser in this group!

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I agree no losers. I re watched Tyler's season yesterday. I had forgotten just how good he was, 4 wins and never in the bottom. He was pretty amazing.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Hated to see them go last night but agree they were the poorest design. Gosh these people are good!

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I was surprised that Tyler went home, I thought he had a very good chance of winning it all.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
they are all so good this year, it is hard to part with any of them.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Sadie I agree. They have all gotten along so well, I enjoy the no drama. I have no idea who will win.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think Cig and George have come so far since their first seasons - especially Cig. In my opinion I think Cig should win...but for some reason I feel like they are leaning towards Emily for the win.

No matter who wins it they are all well deserving. To me this is one of the best "reality" shows on television because it truly is depending on the individual's gifts and talents and I feel the judges are fair and impartial.

I thought Tyler was going to win also but apparently the judges felt he was kind of in a triangular-shaped face rut.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 28, 2017 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Needless to say I am happy with the results - although each one of them did a great job on the finale pieces. I think Cig was truly happy with his win.

Panda

07-15-2005

Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I was cool with the winner, too!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
It was a great season, so much talent. And I loved the camrederie between them.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I feel like this just ended and a new season is slated for June 13

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I guess because there was such a long gap between the two last seasons they are trying to get back on a regular schedule? I assume the reason the past season was so delayed was because they had to work around schedules of the judges and the contestants...all of whom appear to be working in their field as well they should - they were all so talented.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
head's up - new show tonight.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I don't like the team concept.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, June 16, 2017 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I kinda do. It is different and more real world I guess. I imagine at some point it will change to individual. I didn't think much of the makeups in the challenge for either team.i always wish they would not eliminate in the first challenge to give everyone a chance to acclimatize to the setting.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, June 16, 2017 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I'm with you on not eliminating on the first challenge. I also was not impressed with any of the make ups. One of the reasons I don't like teams is that sometimes individuals have to sacrifice what they would really like to do for the sake of the team. I think it sometimes discourages their creativity.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I still was not blown away by the make up. Two on the one team were head and shoulders above all the rest, but they were just meh. I didn't agree with the guy who went home though. He was chosen as fabricator and they seemed to base it mostly in that awful yellow armour when he had done the mandibles they liked so much, although the egg was a bit of a waa waa moment , and bits on the others that required fabrication. I did feel that the guy up there with him should have left. It was not good at all imo. I wish they would go back to foundation challenges mixed in.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
None of the artists this season seem to have the level of talent we've been accustomed to...I guess that is why they are in teams? I don't think any would be able to handle 1 makeup on their own like previous seasons.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was thinking the same thing...although they might be kind of crippled with the team concept - not being able to fully realize their own design. I understand the reason for the "team" concept - because that's how the real world works - but it hasn't produced stellar design so far.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 14, 2017 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I sure thought the girl that left this week deserved to go, plus she was so annoying. There was always something for her to cry about. That creation of hers this week was horrible. She was so out of her league on this show.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'm very underwhelmed so far. In past seasons there has been a lot more wow!
And yes Jill always sounded whiny. Partially I think because of her voice. She just has that tone.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Not impressed with any of them in fact I haven't bothered to put a face with a name for any of them. There hasn't been one make up that has wowed me.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 17, 2017 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Agree about eliminated girl this week. Go cry somewhere else.

There is one guy on the winning team who has been routinely above-average - he is tall and dark but I can't remember his name right now. And the little blonde guy who was moved to the losing team - although his design this week was less than stellar he seems to have pretty good skills. I think he just got overwhelmed trying to help everybody else. Otherwise they all seem pretty meh so far.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I haven't been impressed with any of the contestants this year. They all have been so lackluster that I haven't bothered to learn any of their names.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I think the chagrin format has also hindered the show. They have to align with their team and hangouts limits on some creativity. I think.