TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 08, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 08, 2017 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, July 14, 2017 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
It was poignant and they handled his segment very nicely.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, July 14, 2017 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I'm totally shredded. What an awful tragedy. Not only was his singing stellar but it's my kind of music and I would have rooted for him till the end for the big win. I cried through the whole segment.

Ritsin

05-06-2005

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ritsin a private message Print Post    
Aaaugh, the DVR stopped recording just as they were announcing which magician was going through. Which one was it?

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
It was the guy with the beard who did close up magic. The British guy didn't make it.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
loved the show, the little girl who got the golden buzzer is a beautiful singer.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Thx Roteach, I was just going to ask. Too bad I liked them both, was hoping they'd both go on.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Jasper, don't they do Judge's saves after all the cut downs? Simon could decide to save the other magician since he likes magic.

Ritsin

05-06-2005

Friday, July 21, 2017 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ritsin a private message Print Post    
Belated thanks Roteach. I liked them both too but I really like close up magic the best.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, July 21, 2017 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I really am ready to ban children singers from this show. yes, yes they are amazing, but few are going to win or be successful.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, July 21, 2017 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
The young singers are usually my favorite and have been successful

Example Kaitlyn Maher, appeared on season 3 as a four year old, made top ten...released an album and is building a acting career..she was in the direct to video movie The search for Santa Paws at age 6 which both my mom and son watch multiple times every year...and will be the voice of Cindy Lou Who in the 2018 How the grinch stole Christmas which I know will be a huge hit (our lovely Sherlock (Benedict cumberbatch) voicing the grinch.

Jackie Evancho was 10 when she finished second on her season, had released seven albums since and played Robert Redfords daughter in a movie etc...(won't bring up her singing at the inauguration...oops I just did, but at least she donated all the money from the songs she released that same day to LGBTQ charities)

Also don't we usually say few winners are successful regardless of age?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I guess,I just think some of them do get voted for because how do you tell a child they are not good enough? I am probably projecting because it would be hard for me.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I can't believe all the acts they sent home over the twins!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I about choked on my coffee when I saw the twins were staying. Their act from last night was sloppy and unprofessional. Like an 8th grade talent show where everyone is allowed to perform.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Naja, agree!!! The "act" if you could call it an "act" was dumb.

I couldn't believe some they kept and some they sent packing. The brother / sister salsa dancers -- all she did last night was spinnnnnnn.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yes the twins! Gawd Naja that's exactly what I thought. Some talent recital you were forced to endure. That over the illusionist the comedian, the strongman acts. The acrobat godfather guys. All better. Way better. Simon must have lost that argument. I think with the salsa dancers they are hoping for a return to their prior tryout. The young girl who sang has a poignant story and her singing hurt my heart and made me think of my dad who died 4 months ago, but I think she does need more seasoning.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
It is as though the sob story is more important than the talent.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I think they keep some of the weaker acts so there are easy vote offs when they go to the live shows and the viewers vote. It keeps the drama up to vote for the ones who'll be finalists.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I am watching yesterday's show and I'm quite surprised by the praise for Jenki the magician. Maybe it's the camera angle but you could see 90% of his sleight of hand

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I was disappointed the guy who sang and did impressions didn't make it. I had a feeling Preacher would take that spot though.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I was disappointed the guy who sang and did impressions didn't make it. I had a feeling Preacher would take that spot though.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I also felt the sob stories had influence..

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, August 04, 2017 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Golden buzzer by Laverne Cox for another kid singer.

And the winner is . . . Diavolo. I hope. I'm rooting for them.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 04, 2017 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
There is a lot going on in their act but I don't think of it as dance at all. And again I think of the acts that didn't go through but those twins did. 😐

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, August 04, 2017 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I highly recommend checking out Marcelito Pomoy singing The Prayer on youtube. You're welcome.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
So long Mr.Tsai Thank you judges