TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 02, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: So You Think You Can Dance Season 12: Archive through August 02, 2017 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 1:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch?

I recorded, but got hooked on a few Tiny House episodes..

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 4:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched. I thought the blond Russian twins were so creepy. DH and I both agreed they will be hired for a horror movie in the future where they need a set of scary twins.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree about the blond Russian twins - they were just strange (but they were very good at what they did - how effective are they going to be when they are broken up and have to dance as individuals though?). That ballroom couple - they were amazing! I could rewatch their performance over and over again.

Seems like they didn't show that many performances last night (or else maybe I napped a bit) but most of them were good performances. They only went to the "heartwarming non-dancer" storyline once and I have to say that I liked how Vanessa interacted with him (since she kind of annoyed me a bit - she is trying a little too hard).

I tried to get into World of Dance but keep ignoring it on my DVR but watched this show cover to cover. Still think Cat Deeley is the best!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I remember enjoying the very first dancer and the ballroom couple (whoa!). The others were okay and may not make it through Hollywood week (IMO).

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
So starts Season 14.

It seemed shorter because it was only an hour long. Used to be two hours.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed all the dancers. I love this show.

I have a feeling the two blond Russian sisters may be classically trained and do well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dress up those twins, good dental work, and they could stand in for the Olsen twins.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the first dancer also - the young Hawaiian guy. He was so charming.

(I agree about the dental work for the Russian twins...beautiful girls but when they opened their mouths...WHOA!)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
One of them was actually wearing braces. But yes, they were creepy. I could tell by the way they danced, though, that they've probably had some classical ballet training (they're from Russia after all!).

We enjoyed all of the dancers and loved having Mary back, but only one hour? When it was over I was all, "Is that it?!" They just keep cutting this show back to nothing.

So glad they brought back the grownups this season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, dental work isn't a top priority in many places.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I wondered if those girls were out here for World of Dance. I wonder if that show and this show were doing the first round stuff at the same time in LA

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The last guy was really good tonight. Funny about the finger movements. I've always thought Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" video is loosely based on SYTYCD, with the finger movements and stuff.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
auditions are done

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yay! I was looking at an article for the ratings so far this season. Not looking good. I think they lost a lot of loyal viewers last season with the young dancers. Every week so far this season the number watching has declined. I wouldn't be surprised to see it get canceled for next year.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/think-can-dance-season-14-ratings/

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It would be a shame because it is a great show...but I didn't watch a single episode last summer because I wasn't interested in the kid dance show. I know they are talented but it just wasn't my thing.

I don't think Vanessa Hudgins adds anything to this year's judging. I would much prefer to see a rotating group of choreographers or special guests in that chair.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, July 17, 2017 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So, they really changed up the show with the 'academy'. Interesting that Fikshun is one of the all-stars.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I wondered about that too - isn't that double dipping on shows?

I don't recognize half of these All Stars. I guess I need to google and refresh my memory.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Once I googled, I remembered some of them, but not all. It's interesting that the hip-hop guy chose Allison. Very well thought out on his part. Plus, she has Twitch to help her with the hip-hop dances. Twitch and Allison are 2 of my favorite people from the show.

Robinm

01-31-2006

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Robinm a private message Print Post    
Most of the all stars are the same ones that were on the show last year working with the kids. Most of them are past winners or came in 2nd or 3rd on their original seasons.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm glad to see the people from past seasons getting some exposure (and a paycheck). Several of the dancers from this show go over to Dancing with the Stars (Allison was on there for a while). I like to see them turn up on different shows. Dancing is a tough profession.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I guess I'm in the minority. I am enjoying the new format with the allstars. I appreciate their input more than the judges during the tryouts. Mainly I get tired of seeing the same ole thing.

Looking forward to the live show, and also not understanding why Jenna's dancers rec'd 2 different dances. I guess the top 10 will only dance with their all-star and not with each other each week?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Jenna apparently chose to do that because her two dancers had such different styles. I guess it was up to the All Stars what dance they wanted to teach their team.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I wonder if they will make an 'exception' and have both in the show. Both were excellent, but they do like to have a male ballroom and a female ballroom in the cast. If not, IMO, the second guy should be in the show. He was amazing.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm rooting for Kevin "Koncrete" Davis, simply because he went to my high school (Foothill High School in Sacramento). He was a few (**cough** several) years behind me, but I've gotta root for my fellow Mustang.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
When the allstars went from 3 to 2 per team, it was pretty clear which dancer should have gone. Now to go from 2 to 1, that will be tough. I thought most of them were fantastic. Especially was impressed with the guy that learned tap in an hour. Some looked like they had been dancing together a while . . .