TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 08, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Food Network Star 2017: Archive through August 08, 2017 users admin

Rhodarobin

06-25-2014

Friday, July 28, 2017 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rhodarobin a private message Print Post    
Matthew reminds me of Detective Carisi from Law & Order: SVU. Every time I see him I expect him to start sleuthing.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Huzzah, Amy is gone! I thought it was going to be Rusty for a minute although they both did poorly.

This was not Jason's best showing but I remain Team Jason.

Matthew did quite well, I just don't think I would watch more than a minute or two of his show but he has improved.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I am also for Jason. Matthew may be a good cook, but he is so arrogant that I would not watch him. In fact he reminds me of "Eddie Haskell on Leave it to Beaver".

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Team Jason here. He never fails to entertain me.
Matthews did look good to me for a change but still think he is too arrogant to watch.
Speaking down to people is never a good look especially for someone who has yet to earn their props.
Figured Amy would not make the cut and Rusty is good but has a tendency to trip himself up.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And Amy finally goes home.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Ohmygosh Countrydaze, that's EXACTLY who Matthew reminds me of! Good call!

Amy was long past due to leave, although it was close between her and Rusty. I think the winner is going to be between Jason and Matthew

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
They are doing a battle back/second chance show. It's the one that the ousted contestants go against each other until one is left with the newest ousted contestant joining the one or two that remain each week.I only saw one episode so I don't know who if anyone will be brought back for one final chance of winning.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Saturday, August 05, 2017 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
You can see all of the episodes of Star Salvation online at the Foodnetwork website. You have to click on the "Next" button and start at the end and work your way forward.

They don't reveal who is going back but you know who the final two are

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Holy cow! Did not expect that . Yeah team Jason.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Not at all!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Is tonight the finale? Who won?

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
The finale will probably be next week.

*spoiler*

I'm really surprised Rusty made it over Matthew. I liked Matthew this season.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow that is a surprise.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well you forgot to mention that Cory came back, LOL. Although I am not surprised because he did make good food.

Wish this show was more about making good food.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I thought tonight was the finale and was afraid my recording was going to stop before the winner was announced.

I thought Matthew should have moved forward, Rusty's video wasn't very good.

I cannot abide Guy <99>, I find him to be so utterly lacking any sense of being genuine. I find him overbearing, extremely full of himself and a bit of a twit. I remember being shocked when he won, I thought the runner up was so much better. Sadly, I don't recall his name.

Go Jason!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 4:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
My heart broke a little for Matthew when he was crying. I think he was so stunned.
I thought Guy did a great job directing the pilots.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
As much as I didn't care for Matthew's on air persona, I was sad for him. He made it his mission to make his way back to the show. I think when he cried it was one of the first times I saw him show genuine emotion.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think the judges made a mistake. Matthew was way better on camera than Rusty and his food generally was better as well.

I don't understand their reasoning on this one..at. all.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I was as shocked as Matthew was. I don't care for his on air persona. He ALWAYS seems so scripted to me. When I watch FN I watch for the personalities and second for the food knowledge. The FN personalities are kinda like TV friends, for me. Matthew isn't a natural on camera (although he did have glimpses of real-ness). He's more like an actor playing a FN personality.

My heart did break for him. He wants it so badly. I bet there is room for him somewhere on TV or the Net.

I will be shocked if Jason isn't the winner.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I thought Guy was giving bad advice to Jason. Tying to get him off his game. I got the vibe that Guy may not want to compete with Jason in the world of Food Network. I rarely can watch guy for more then 2 mins. Not my favorite, at all.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Although shocked that Rusty instead of Matthew wasn't in the final 3 I'm not unhappy about it. Matthew just bugged me from the beginning to the end...both seasons. I would quickly turn off any show where his face appeared, and I suspect that is what the FN executives were thinking upon his elimination.

I think it is Jason's to win or lose (although I doubt Guy Fieri is concerned about Jason's effect on his career). I just think Guy was trying to move Jason out of his comfort zone into giving the camera something more than home spun, tired, same ole same ole - I too noticed that he said "honey" more than once in that segment. Being country cute is all fine and good but you also have to have a little more range than that.

Without a doubt Cory is the best chef of the three, but I'm not sure there is a place for another handsome, awesome chef on Food Network...LOL!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Yeah Rusty is just not good, i was shocked he made it as so far into the show. But I think they did it to make sure that Mathew is not chosen, if you let people get into the finale, well, they might be the only one who does a decent video and you have to chose them or it becomes obvious the winner is pre-chosen.

I think in most contests they have their filler people and the people who are acceptable winners to production. It is hard when the talent is cooking because we can't taste the food.

Nickovtyme

07-28-2004

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nickovtyme a private message Print Post    
I think Matthew will be alright. I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of him. Look how many winners never make it anywhere after this show.

Then look at how many runners up make it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, some of the winners (one at least got released very quickly once someone read his facebook page, he was a raging kook with many offensive views and they could not have him. ) They used to get at least 8 shows, but I think that time is gone mostly now they are judges on other cooking shows. I think Guy is the most successful winner.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
While I felt bad for Matthew (he was truly hurt), I just could not see myself watching any show he was hosting.

Rusty...he's not ready yet. Maybe next year?

Cory and Jason final 2 makes sense