TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 03, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: World of Dance: Archive through August 03, 2017 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
this was better last night, at least they disclosed Fickshun won SYTYCD and in previews they acknowledge Jabbawokees career

I really loved the kids group and that ballroom couple that did all those fancy lifts!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Me too Pamy.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Pamy, when that ballroom couple was doing all the fancy lifts, DH said, "Carrie Ann's going to take points off for that!"

I actually thought the fancy lifts were more gymnastics-y than dance. I wanted to see more dancing.

The young man at the end was amazing. The flexibility and the strength! Wow!!! His story made me cry. (Suddenly I hear Katie Perry saying, "This is not a Lifetime movie, sweetheart.")

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
BJM, LOL!!!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We watched again tonight, but are wondering if we'll continue. I honestly didn't enjoy the Jabbawokeez. I was thinking of something else while they were dancing. Wasn't engaged at all.

I really prefer the couples or the individual dancers. There are just too many people to keep track of when there are so many dancers on the floor.

Loved the three sisters (the youngest one is only 12?!), the couple from the Ukraine and that last girl (amazing!). The rest were not memorable for me.

Next week: JLo gets a new outfit!!! This show much really be low budget. She's been wearing that red dress three weeks in a row!

Tracybayarea

05-09-2011

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tracybayarea a private message Print Post    
Baby, I think the first 3 episodes where filmed on one day. That's why the same outfit. Hello everyone - first time posting

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Hi Tracy! Welcome!
I just watched episode 1. The set up is kind of hokey, but I really enjoyed the dancing, so I'll keep watching. I need to set up the DVR so I can record and FF as needed through the nonsense and fluff. :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Hi Tracy. Welcome to posting! :-)

I'm kind of on the fence about this show. I confess that I sometimes enjoy amateur versions of these contests (like Dancing With the Stars) more than the pro versions. Sometimes the pros or better dancers are so good it becomes kind of mesmerizing but not in a good way.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yeah, these are pros for sure. So i'm trying to just watch it from that vantage point and less as a contest, which is why I want to be able to FF. I really do enjoy watching great choreographed dancing, like broadway shows, so I'll record them all and watch. There is this whole world of dance conventions and competitions that these pros go around and attend. I feel like this is kind of a glimpse at those dancers that we don't otherwise get to see.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Baby, I think the first 3 episodes where filmed on one day. That's why the same outfit.

Of course they were, but I think if they're gonna break it into 3 episodes, they should have different outfits. I watch JLo to see what she's wearing. When she was on American Idol, I never even looked at Keith and Harry when they'd all come out at the beginning. It's all about what JLo's wearing, how they did her hair, etc.

This show's not as much fun as So You Think You Can Dance. Not sure how much longer we'll stick with it. I like Derek Hough, but not sure he's right for this show. I'm just not loving the judges. And Jenna Dewan Tatum being all over the family members seems a bit phony to me.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Derek is not right for the show which I am not watching after first show. Derek with all that stuff on his face . . . ugh! Doesn't make him look older / better -- makes him look . . . ugh.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
most boring Jabbawokees performance ever...I think they did it on purpose, knew they would go to next round and they will do a super flashy routine

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Hi Tracy!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm not enjoying JEnna whoever talking with the contestants. She's no Cat for sure! But I am enjoying the dancing. Wow. These are highly competitive, polished dancers and I like it. It's a different show than SYTYCD for sure. Feels more slick. I'm not sure how the next rounds will go, but I'm excited to watch ep 3 and continue watching.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, June 16, 2017 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Hi Tracy, welcome. :-) I am a huge Derek fan! He's the main reason I watch. I agree it's not the most exciting program.

Tracybayarea

05-09-2011

Friday, June 16, 2017 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tracybayarea a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I didn't even realize this show existed until I was flipping through on-demand and stumbled across it. As someone who is not so talented in dancing I really enjoy the shows because I admire the hard work and talent it takes for people to get to the level that it is shown on any of these dance TV shows. I will say watching it I wonder if some of the scoring is a little skewed because of the reputation for some of the dance crews. For example the twins I personally didn't think they were all that. Yet they were scored very high. Will be interesting to see how this moves to the next stage where we will have all of these different genres ages and team dynamics competing against each other. I'll continue watching for now. Hope to chat with everybody soon

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Jenna's husband is just SO HOT THOUGH!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Not a bad show last night. Nobody is really wowing me though. I think, across the board, the right teams won. I like Neyo more than I thought I would. The last dance battle, with Jabbawokeez, well, they should have lost. IMO.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I love the Kinjas and Ian Eastwood and his group. Very entertaining dancing.
The couple that made it through -- they have a wow factor, but I don't see much "dance", it's more circus act stuff -- acrobatics. I really want to see dance! If the other couple had done a clean routine they should have moved on, but they messed up too much IMO.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kinjaz are awesome!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm beginning to get a bit bored with it. They are all talented of course, it's just seeing so many acts talented in the same way that has dulled it to me.

A few were stand outs though, this week I liked the Ninja group and the last group.

I guess we get a different format next week.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The group dance winners were rigged. You could tell all along they were going to win the division.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They did seem to be less in time than the other group, plus to me it was just too frantic.

I was upset about the pair who went home because of Les Twins. The twins are excellent of course, and they had a nice way round the injury, but the other two were so special in that they showed the story so clearly while still doing that choppy dance style.

The two young girls were interchangeable to me, but on the night the one that won was better.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kinjazz were robbed!

I really hate all the background lighting on this show. It is so distracting. I think that's why I didnt enjoy the salsa dance like I should have. It just looked like a big mess the lighting and flashes of light were so distracting

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree. the dance looked like a mess. And yess, Kinjaz were robbed! I'm finding the "scoring" in this comepetition to be a bit rigged. I think the married couple also should have won over Les Twins. It's like they want to be sure to have an "international" cast at the end since this is World of Dance. It feels fake. But I have really enjoyed the dancing so I'll keep watching and would watch again.

I did agree with the older little girl winning the youth division. She's clearly the best and I've so enjoyed watching her evolve on this show.