TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 27, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Food Network Star 2017: Archive through July 27, 2017 users admin

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Matthew reminds me of a spoiled teenager wanting or the kid in class that always wants to be the center of attention with the teacher. He hasn't fully matured yet.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't see Matthew as spoiled so much as lacking in some empathy and social graces. I think he's trying very hard, but sometimes gets frustrated with others, or a little too full of himself.

I think he'll be fine.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I'm still leaning towards Matthew not being very comfortable in his own skin. I think he's overcompensating. Or...maybe I'm wrong and he's just full of himself lol

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
I think Matthew often misses a good chance to shut up. 😷

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I think Matthew is too rehearsed. He's too "on" for the camera. Matthew knows the best way to win this competition is to stand out as a presenter, be seen as a leader, etc. He really wants to win this competition and has been practicing since his first season... That is his biggest problem right now... over rehearsed.

Jason is a good presenter because he is more natural.

Rusty and Corey aren't consistent enough... but I think with enough time can make it... and Amy is a train-wreck presenter. I don't see any way she can pull it together enough to win this season.

As much as Matthew is over-rehearsed I have to wonder just how many of the others have practiced doing their own segments at home or on social media... AT ALL... because many have looked very uncomfortable... Plus I guess the added stress of doing it LIVE in front of real people and the judges can be intimidating. But then you see their confessional scenes and they seem so relaxed...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I think he is just trying to hard to be "good", when what he really needs is to just be himself.

I don't see him as any more arrogant than any of the others are occasionally. Including Jason. It's just that Jason's delivery of his arrogant remarks is easier to take.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think they are keeping Amy because they feel she might be relatable if they can get her presenter skills in line with her cooking talents. Besides she's the only woman left isn't she?

I don't think Matthew has the ability to see himself as he comes across. It is rather a shame because he no doubt has the cooking skills, and to a certain generation (younger) his self-assured, smugness might be amusing...but I suspect for the average FN viewer it would be off-putting.

I think Jason is awesome but I seriously doubt I would watch a show he headlines...although I can see him being a guest judge on any number of shows because he is pretty funny.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, whether he wins or loses, Jason has a FN career ahead of him. He's so funny.

Nickovtyme

07-28-2004

Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nickovtyme a private message Print Post    
Giada has them girls on display tonight!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Didn't she though??

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Who's out?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow they kept Amy again, and she didn't wash her hands after working with the chicken so they couldn't even taste her food!!

Cory went home.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 24, 2017 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree that Cory was going backwards though...both of his presentations were awkward whereas Amy (despite the hand washing thing) did a great job - her confessionals are getting much better too.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I definitely thought Amy was a goner this time. I know Cory was having an off day, but for me cross contamination trumps pretty much everything.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Especially cross contamination in a viewer EDUCATION video, where you have essentially just sickened anyone following along!!!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I was stunned that Amy wasn't eliminated after not washing her hands and potentially making people sick. True that Cory choked this week but raw chicken all over everything???? Actually,I may have eliminated both of them.

Still lovin' me some Jason. I would make a point to watch a Jason show but not any of the others.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
It just goes to show... that their on-screen personality matters more than the actual cooking.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well we are not going to eat the food but we will see them on tv.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
The live stream was supposed to be that you cook along with the host and have a tasty dinner at the end as Alex G was doing. She failed miserably by cross contaminating her food and possibly have her views doing the same. Giada and Bobby refused to eat it as well they should have done.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yup, Sugar, that's what bothered me most about them keeping her.

THEY knew enough not to eat the chicken. But in a live demo like that, she should have been very clear about that instruction, to not make all the viewers sick!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think the judges have to factor in the inexperience of the presenter - these challenges are supposed to be teaching moments. As Amy said she always washes her hand but in being flustered she made a monumental error...I bet she will never do that again! Cory just wasn't developing at all - yes, I know his food is fabulous but he just wasn't developing any on-air persona whereas Amy is improving (nasty hands aside) and is more relatable.

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
I feel like Corey and David were pretty good, they went home too soon. They were fairly consistent except for like one episode. I don't know if the judges base elimination on the last competition or overall, they aren't consistent. I feel like because of that they use whatever they want to get rid of Cory and David because they want Jason to win.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think there is a forced and/or trying too hard quality to both Matthew and Rusty. I don't find Amy to be interesting. I have enjoyed Jason since The Great Holiday Baking Show last winter.

Go team Jason!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I am also on Team Jason!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Jason just leaves me bleh...I don't dislike him nor do I particularly like him...and I felt the same way about him on the baking show. I guess I know too many men who could be his twin (most of them cousins of mine). Definitely not a Rusty of Matthew fan though and don't think Amy has the confidence to pull off the whole thing. If Matthew and Amy could morph then together they might be the perfect contestant. he has way too much confidence and she doesn't have enough.