TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 18, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Food Network Star 2017: Archive through July 18, 2017 users admin

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Just finished catching up on the show. The only person I would definitely have to watch is Jason. Don't think I would watch any of the others.

I don't really care as much if I like his food or not, I like Rachel Raye and I don't like her food for the most part , but I like her.

Jason being from the south I'm sure.we will have more foods in common.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am all for a Jason win. I watch very few cooking shows. I occasionally watch The Barefoot Contessa or a few minutes of Trisha Yearwood but I think I would watch Jason.

Correction, I like the holiday baking shows and do watch them.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I love Trisha Yearwood's show - but the woman talks with food in her mouth all the time - it drives me crazy!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I would watch Jason reading a phone book. He has a fun and quirky personality.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, he said the No-No word, delicious.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cory says "Mathew is a used car salesman thru and thru, he becomes this other person when he is on camera", hahahahaha..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And another woman goes home, Addie.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, July 10, 2017 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Just announce Jason as the winner already and get his show on the air.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, July 10, 2017 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I have no quibbles with who went home.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 10, 2017 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm glad to see that the judges are seeing what a fake Matthew is.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, July 10, 2017 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched last night's show yet, but -- to me -- she had the "deer in the headlights look" whenever she was on camera... way too stiff.

Matthew is too ON... and Jason just comes across natural.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 10, 2017 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
wait until you see what the judges say to Matthew...he is giving a demonstration and the minute the camera clicks off he goes totally blank...the judges call him on it and he is clueless about how weird it makes him look and he keeps pressing them for ways to fix it. He is one weird dude.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
While watching that segment last night, it occurred to me that maybe he's not comfortable in his own skin and doesn't know how to act when he's not "on".

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Jason is going to be a FN employee no matter what. He's very likable. They need to find him something to do.

Matt seems to be a good cook and the judges probably know that.

He was put on the show because tptb know how much he irks the viewers and that we all will talk tweet and social media the heck out of the show by talking about him.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
The more I see Matt the less I like him. I would not waste my time watching him even if he was a great chef. His arrogance is so overwhelming that all I want from him is to shut up.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
good on Jason, not bowing to Matt. heh. But seriously what twas the other group thinking with Amy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
David goes home, I am surprised.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I was surprised as well Dipo, I thought we had finally seen the last of Amy.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I was also surprised that Jason chose Matthew instead of David for his team.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, July 17, 2017 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Just when i think I might like Matthew....he opens his mouth.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, July 17, 2017 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Matthew's arrogance is going to bite him in the butt in the end.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 17, 2017 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Amy kind of pulled her team's butt out of the fire at the last minute by telling them they needed to change up from the slice tomatoes to the cooked tomato dish (although Cory executed it). Yes, she bungled the presentation but I think that the judges thought their dish was better than Jason's team. I was kind of surprised Cory didn't get dinged for the peppers...and not owning up to putting them on the dish.

Apparently Bobby makes better grits than David and that swayed the judges. I don't even care for grits but Bobby's looked delicious!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 17, 2017 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Amy is a great cook, just not the person I would choose to present.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I have to believe that if the rules were different, Amy would have been sent home. Amy won because her score was closer to Bobby's... so I guess that means it tasted better. Usually when judging they will choose the better presenter over better tasting food...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I was surprised. I thought Amy should have gone home.